Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely also a scenario. My only problem with having lined up a ride is that at this point LE would know that and likely have a suspect or POI based on her cell/laptop data.
Maybe she lined up a ride verbally and in person with someone while still at work on Wed? The morning ride is a good theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those not watching the livestream...

That livestream that Gardenista posted (thank you!) has a reporter that has been talking. 15 mi SW of Brooklyn, smaller search party tonight. 1 k-9. Farmer in the area said that they have been searching about a one square mile radius just about non stop since Mollie went missing. Barns, etc. have been searched. Yesterday they had divers out searching all the ponds.

(She's off now charging her phone)

I’m sitting outside in Des Moines at 8:23PM and we still have quite a bit of light.

Yes, having been born and raised in North Central Wisconsin, I know it's light past sunset, sometimes until 9:30 p.m.

ETA: If LE has found something, do they bring in generators and lights after dark? I thought they do, but I'm not sure.

So glad you posted the link to the interview with WC....Yikes, I just got some bad vibes there with the way he kept repeating, "Its a bad deal".....Doesn't remember anything? The way he abruptly was about to end interview and said "I'm done, this is a waste of my time." <modsnip>

Right?! Or when he said he doesn’t remember what LE even asked him.

I don't think it was a ride to work that she had arranged ahead of time. Just because she might've told someone about it, something like, "hey, I won't need the car tomorrow, X from work is giving me a ride in the morning." So, too risky for whomever might've offered her a ride ahead of time. I hope that makes sense.
But, it could've been planned to be just a regular ol' ride to work....but didn't end up that way. It might not have been a planned attack (or whatever it was).

I think it belongs on the list of possibilities.

jmo

So glad you posted the link to the interview with WC....Yikes, I just got some bad vibes there with the way he kept repeating, "Its a bad deal".....Doesn't remember anything? The way he abruptly was about to end interview and said "I'm done, this is a waste of my time." <modsnipped>

I’m not accusing this man of anything whatsoever but I would be really interested in knowing a body language expert’s opinion on the video.

Imo the shirt they found today belongs to Mollie. Otherwise they probably would not have put so many resources into the search. MSM states it was found by someone mowing a ditch. I am picturing the ditch that runs along side the road.
This is all true I would speculate It was thrown from a car window. Wild animals or wind could be responsible but it is The red shirt everyone knows she was supposed to wear to work today she went missing. It was not a sock or shoe or bra but the red T-shirt.
All speculation and i have been wrong before!

Could somebody please confirm this is correct?

This is the article where it was stated, but I think it could be bad reporting. Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of University Of Iowa Student Mollie Tibbetts

When Tibbetts' Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said.

Then there's this article that says it was searched due to social media speculation: Mollie Tibbetts: 'We follow through on everything,' investigators say of search

One of those searches took place Wednesday night in southern Poweshiek County along Iowa Highway 21, but it did not result in anything, he said.

"There was nothing of investigative value last night that was discovered with the search," Mortvedt said. The search was the subject of speculation Wednesday and Thursday on social media.

And I'm pretty sure I saw one that at least one of the hog farm searches was based on a tip but I haven't tracked that one down.

Last edited:
For those not watching the livestream...

That livestream that Gardenista posted (thank you!) has a reporter that has been talking. 15 mi SW of Brooklyn, smaller search party tonight. 1 k-9. Farmer in the area said that they have been searching about a one square mile radius just about non stop since Mollie went missing. Barns, etc. have been searched. Yesterday they had divers out searching all the ponds.

(She's off now charging her phone)
They have been searching 1 mi sq radius since 19th July? Or later.

Honestly...LE should not be saying so many times that she is alive, believed to be alive etc...when they search fields, woods and ponds day after day...lots of folks take their words to heart...there may be a lot of shocked people soon...:( I know I am cynical but that is partly due to 8+ years here on WS...

I’m not accusing this man of anything whatsoever but I would be really interested in knowing a body language expert’s opinion on the video.

Greg: I'll take a shot at that. He seemed very ill at ease - in my opinion, all the nose rubbing and other mannerisms were ways of avoiding a truthful response to the reporter's questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member