Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post on WS. I have been following this case on WS for a week now. Very interesting website. The shear size of the reward surprised me until I researched where RT is an executive in San Francisco area and sits on SF Chamber of Comm. IMOO i think colleagues of his are uping the ante...I also have a theory on MT's disappearance....

Welcome Jake Richardson. Glad to have you here sharing your sleuthing and theory, hopefully.

Please accept this in a friendly way. WS does not sleuth family. We're here to help.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum at some point in these 20 threads, but can someone give me a very brief overview of the fitbit/pig farm situation. Specifically, how are these locations determined (triangulation from cell towers, satellites, etc?) and what degree of accuracy would you expect in a rural area that may not have as many towers? I guess to get down to brass tacks, could the actual location of the device that caused the signal been 500 feet away? 1 mile? 10? TIA!

I am still stuck on the "getting to know Mollie" statement made at the first PC- what exactly does that mean- does that mean that the FBI needs to go thru all of her social media sights to gain insight? If so why announce that at a PC if the public's help wasn't necessary to get to know her- yes it was stated long ago- I just have never been able to get a firm grasp on exactly what that meant
Just my opinion but they have to get to known everybody they look for, investigate. I wouldn’t read much more into that.

I understand that if hasn’t been confirmed by LE, but can anyone tell me why a next door neighbor would tell MSM that LE informed him that Mollie returned home safely from her run? Why would he fabricate that story? I do believe they have a timeline, probably the Fitbit or iPhone data, and that she was not abducted during her run. Walking to moms house is another story. Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter
First, I don't believe witness DC fabricated anything, and neither did brother Jake or Mum laura when each reported that LE allegedly told them Mollie was doing homework in the evening or late in the evening. I believe LE "evening homework" theory was the basis for assuming Mollie returned home after the jog (also think LE computer digital timestamp incorrect and/or analysis not adjusted for real time). Personally, I think Mollie was doing homework before jogging (between 5:30-7:15p ish), and never returned to BF house after jog.

Last edited:
I couldnt DISAGREE with you more.

Being a LE employee, for over 30 years.
I have made several posts defending the intregity of the on-going investigation.

It is not amateurish, IMO. You have to
Have knowledge of crime investigation, and standard procedures, to understand.

Disturbing to me, that so many people, on this site, "liked" this comment. I doubt the person posting this, has any professional investigative experience?

To form such a conclusion, about the quality of this investigation, is baseless, IMO.

**** Some people on this thread, have lost the focus of this investigation. Hopefully, finding MT alive. Taking "cheap shots", at LE, is misguided at best.

I base my opinions on fact, and not mere speculation.

Indeed, I have zero background in law enforcement or anything remotely related. And I'm aware that these things in real life don't go like on TV. However, I find it interesting that based on what locals have reported here that there seems to be very little activity on the ground. Yet, people/witnesses are subjected to "voluntary" searches and lie detector tests (which from a science standpoint are questionable).
Again, no LE background but I understand science and statistics pretty well. What are the odds of certain scenarios? Who ruled out family and friends publicly? Was that local LE or FBI? What dynamics are to be watched when it comes to small town folks, local police, and people talking and ruling each other out maybe with some bias?
I understand that there may be clear answers to all of this that can't be shared, but a lot of this looks odd from the outside.

checking in..

just one thing kinda nags at me and that is the post about her belonging in Brooklyn NYC and not Brooklyn IA,

sounds like something that could have been said to her.

to lure her..it just bugs me I can't fully explain. MOO

I believe it's likely that she did get into a car willingly, but I don't believe she went missing willingly. I think that's a big difference. If someone I know offers me a ride to the grocery store and I accept, that doesn't mean that I willing went with him/her out of town to a location nobody would ever expect me to be. MOO

The munching isn't the problem, the rumors that can come of it are. I can't remember for sure now what you were commenting on, but I believe it was the ex-profiler. Something that has to be kept in mind with that is that profilers may be able to give a much more accurate description of what happened and who did it, but once they stop working in that job, they're making their predictions/assumptions on the same information as the rest of the public. Because of that, they're just as likely to be wrong as you or I are. MOO

I grew up in the Upper Midwest and a small evening meal was called supper, a large one (or if we went out to eat) was a dinner.

I'm not positive, and I don't have a link, but I thought they said that her wallet was found and was holding her license and bank card. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, but I'm fairly sure. MOO
She may have had some cash and wanted a drink? LE would/should know by now if she had a pattern of stopping there.

I agree,and everyone should be sure to read this post. Last night many posters strayed off topic with some insulting posts, insinuations, and comments that had no relevance to this case. The only thing that has any significance in regard to the latest witness is that he saw her around eight. He had often seen her walking and realized that the last time he saw her was the night she went missing. Also his diescription of her clothes. We don't need to discuss anything else about him personally or any of the other witnesses. Lets also try to stick to the details of the case. With that said, I am looking forward to Sharon Needle's experiment today! Also I hope I posted in the right place , I messed up and tried to fix it so I hope it lands in the right place.

checking in..

just one thing kinda nags at me and that is the post about her belonging in Brooklyn NYC and not Brooklyn IA,

How about... "Hey M, Want to see some baby pigs? Newborns just born today...yeah... come on get in...sure, I'll take you to your mom's after..."

I believe it's likely that she did get into a car willingly, but I don't believe she went missing willingly. I think that's a big difference. If someone I know offers me a ride to the grocery store and I accept, that doesn't mean that I willing went with him/her out of town to a location nobody would ever expect me to be. MOO

The munching isn't the problem, the rumors that can come of it are. I can't remember for sure now what you were commenting on, but I believe it was the ex-profiler. Something that has to be kept in mind with that is that profilers may be able to give a much more accurate description of what happened and who did it, but once they stop working in that job, they're making their predictions/assumptions on the same information as the rest of the public. Because of that, they're just as likely to be wrong as you or I are. MOO

I grew up in the Upper Midwest and a small evening meal was called supper, a large one (or if we went out to eat) was a dinner.

I'm not positive, and I don't have a link, but I thought they said that her wallet was found and was holding her license and bank card. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, but I'm fairly sure. MOO

Work has kept me away from the threads for a few days, I have no hope of reading everything I've missed but the finding of the wallet would be huge. Does anyone have a link they could help me out with please

(This portion is from the text, and is <10%.)

"The night Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts went missing, She either got into the car of someone she knew or had a relationship with, or it was someone who had a non-threatening demeanor.”

Well, I guess a good kidnapper would have to appear non-threatening. Isn't that part of the way they get away with it? Help me find my little lost puppy ....

Moo

In the katylynn cargill case last summer, the LE were tight lipped about everything.. Even after her body was found. The LE insisted that the publica safety was not at a heightened state bug would not say why. All the while, the LE has a poi, did not want to spook him, and they were building the case against him.
I’m hoping that is the same case here... that the reason for silence from the LE is because they have a poi and are building they’re case.

checking in..

What are you referring to?

Exactly! I came from a small town and was not exposed to a lot of the "worldly evils" until I went to college. I was a straight A student, so I was intelligent - but I wasn't world smart. I was engaged, but it was to someone from my hometown. I found myself in a situation where another guy was giving me a lot of attention - if he would have asked me to end the engagement, I would have. He didn't ask, I didn't end the engagement, and no - the marriage didn't last. Hard lesson learned.
Your account of the small-town GF goes to college and meets someone very attractive and starts dating him is quite common IMO. It happened to me, too, but I just broke up with my hometown BF.
I don't think we can count it out, but I do have trouble with the length of time she has been missing without confiding in someone whom she knows is worrying about her.

Since the security camera was out, if there is a connection, someone didn't want to be seen taking Mollie from either in or near the house. Since there were sightings of her jogging, perhaps that someone had become acquainted with her routine and took her as she returned from her jog?
The timing of the camera going out might be of interest. If it is true (I don't know that it is) that it was thought to be due to something natural like lightning, maybe instead the reason for it going out is because someone was clever enough to make look like it going out was a natural occurrence?

I have seen several posts which mention lightning, but I have yet to find an authoritative post (maybe I missed it) that attributes that information to LE or someone from the co-op. Seems important.

I think everyone needs to let go of the notion that she left voluntarily.

1. There's no way a 20-year-old college student has enough money saved up to survive very long.
2. She would have done at least some Google research about where to go, etc., and police would know.
3. If she had phone or electronic contact beforehand with some other suitor, that would be known to police. If there was another suitor, they for sure would have had at least some prior communication that can be tracked.
4. If she was gone willingly, she would have logged into her social media by now -- and police would know. No young person that age is not going to check social media to at least see what people are saying about her disappearance.
5. What could possibly be a motive for her wanting to run off, if not another suitor? There's no debt problem, no family problem, no crime to run from, nothing like that.

Voluntarily leaving in this case just makes no sense at all.

I agree,and everyone should be sure to read this post. Last night many posters strayed off topic with some insulting posts, insinuations, and comments that had no relevance to this case. The only thing that has any significance in regard to the latest witness is that he saw her around eight. He had often seen her walking and realized that the last time he saw her was the night she went missing. Also his diescription of her clothes. We don't need to discuss anything else about him personally or any of the other witnesses. Lets also try to stick to the details of the case. With that said, I am looking forward to Sharon Needle's experiment today! Also I hope I posted in the right place , I messed up and tried to fix it so I hope it lands in the right place.
It looks like i didnt quotepost correctly I hope its clear which post of Sharon Needles i was referring to. Its an important one for everyone to read

Any one of those three would mean that they know more than they are letting on. At least that means there might be hope for answers soon.
I assume LE certainly does know a lot more than they’ve told us, and I also trust that LE’s number one priority is keeping the community safe. Taken together, is it reasonable to assume the answer was truthful and there is not an increased risk?

This speaks to me more about the circumstances under which Mollie left. Any scenario where she was snatched or overpowered and taken would need to be considered a threat to the community. I believe LE knows full well that’s not what happened.

I think everyone needs to let go of the notion that she left voluntarily.

1. There's no way a 20-year-old college student has enough money saved up to survive very long.
2. She would have done at least some Google research about where to go, etc., and police would know.
3. If she had phone or electronic contact beforehand with some other suitor, that would be known to police. If there was another suitor, they for sure would have had at least some prior communication that can be tracked.
4. If she was gone willingly, she would have logged into her social media by now -- and police would know. No young person that age is not going to check social media to at least see what people are saying about her disappearance.
5. What could possibly be a motive for her wanting to run off, if not another suitor? There's no debt problem, no family problem, no crime to run from, nothing like that.

Voluntarily leaving in this case just makes no sense at all.
I'll stick with the possibility, thanks.

Indeed, I have zero background in law enforcement or anything remotely related. And I'm aware that these things in real life don't go like on TV. However, I find it interesting that based on what locals have reported here that there seems to be very little activity on the ground. Yet, people/witnesses are subjected to "voluntary" searches and lie detector tests (which from a science standpoint are questionable).
Again, no LE background but I understand science and statistics pretty well. What are the odds of certain scenarios? Who ruled out family and friends publicly? Was that local LE or FBI? What dynamics are to be watched when it comes to small town folks, local police, and people talking and ruling each other out maybe with some bias?
I understand that there may be clear answers to all of this that can't be shared, but a lot of this looks odd from the outside.
Those high probability things haven't been ruled out, but its currently against the TOS to discuss publicly on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicemiddleton