ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Police in Moscow, Idaho, around noon on Sunday responded to reports of an unconscious person on King Road — near the university's golf course and adjacent to Greek Row — and located the four deceased students upon arrival.

I'm guessing this means that is where they lived, as other reports say were found in a home.

According to CNN, they were found "at a home."

IMO they don't think it's an accident (such as CO poisoning).

Police have not released the causes of death or identities of the victims.
but
there is no ongoing threat

Which makes me wonder if they think they know who is responsible

Students Sunday afternoon initially were advised to shelter in place

Maybe they are questioning someone?

Anyone with information about the case has been asked to contact Moscow Police.

So I take that as a crime has occurred and the details are going to be very sad.
My opinions only.

I think they label things as homicide when there is an unknown death. Carbon monoxide would take time to determine. JMO

I don't think that's true. MOO. Don't they usually say they haven't determined cause of death? That's how I remember hearing it. Usually, when they say homicide right away, it's because there was trauma or blood or something at the scene. MOO.

My guess is they have evidence the suspect has fled out of state or something? MOO. I think if they know there's no threat, then they likely know who the suspect is. Again, JMO.
I agree about knowing who the suspect is, it seems. And while I guess if that suspect has fled the area, THEY may be safe...but what about anyone else in the their path? I see now that the quote says "not to pose a threat to the rest of the school community."

MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) — Police have identified the four University of Idaho students who were found dead in a home near the Moscow, Idaho campus on Sunday.

The Moscow Police Department has called the deaths “homicides,” and on Monday identified the victims as Ethan Chapin, a 20-year-old from Conway, Washington; Madison Mogen, a 21-year-old from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho; Xana Kernodle, 20, from Avondale, Arizona; and Kaylee GonCalves, 21, from Rathdrum, Idaho.

Moscow is only across the border, as in a twenty minute drive from me. I went through the same scenarios as others upthread... carbon monoxide, murder suicide, someone unconscious in the road... I wonder who found the seemingly unconscious person? Not on the road, obviously. Outside of the apartment on the landing maybe? I also wonder if it was obvious once LE went into the apartment that it was a homicide, in other words, no mistaking it for anything else. That Greek area is very densely populated, already being on a very small campus. I would think someone would have heard something--an argument, shots fired, a struggle... Unless it was poison; don't know. I like everyone else will have to wait for more information. I used to be a mail carrier in Moscow, but I never did any of the campus routes, except for collecting from the blue mailboxes. I recognize the area, but don't have any real familiarity with it.

Did the four deceased live together?
All 4 of them have Instagram. In fact Kaylee just posted pics yesterday& in one of the pics all four of the deceased are together. It appears Ethan& Xana were also a couple. The background appears to be possibly the house they were found in? But did they all live there I’m not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrackingCrime