ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - there HAS to be a connection for two huge reasons:

1-They have stated it was a targeted attack from the jump.
2-The were quickly able to say it wasn’t connected to a TON of other local crimes that were unsolved.

I believe those two items say that MPD knew immediately that BK went into that house with a very specific motive and agenda relative only to one or more of the victims and had not done this before (or anything like to)
I am leaning that way too. I feel that there was a motive behind the murders and he was after atleast 1 and or possibly 2 of the victims that he killed.

The suspect seems deranged and crazy. But it is something about one or two the victims that set him off. Could have been something as simple as he hit on Kaylee and Madison at the bar and they dissed him and or shrugged off his advances. Which enraged him and he was like I’ll show them.

Or it could be a much much more deeper motive that investigators will need to take a deep dive into the victims lives and the suspects lives to reveal.

As they say when people get murdered the victims closets get opened and so do the killers in order to solve the murder and or murders. Which sometimes reveal skeletons that come out of them that you would never expect. That goes for the suspect aka killer and or the victims.

But it’s entirely possible the suspect had no connection to the victims and he simply had the urge to kill to fulfill a fantasy that he was drumming up from his criminology course. We will all find out soon.

JMO

Last edited:
I see what you're saying, my flub! Thank you for reiterating lol.. I forgot a quick drive away.

I do want to know how long he was hanging around Moscow in between visits too though and how long he was lingering around the house/town that night (early morning or an hour before)? And here he frequented in town while there.

If he is regimented as it might seem, he probably had a ritual/routine? Same places he went to? JMO MOO Thinking out loud

I do too! And I bet that LE would absolutely love to hear from any person in Moscow, specially any U of I person, who EVER spoke to him.

That was my thought, too: that they found his DNA sonewhere where BCK defence.will have an impossible task to prove that was left durung a social visit to the house or party.

That is why I think that they may found his DNA mixed with one victims DNA like blood.

HVAC vent is an interesting oprion, too, as HVAC contractor was at the house on the day when LE first asked the public for a help funding the white car owner and/or occupants.
I would not be surprised to see an admission of guilt coming. Part of the personal satisfaction comes from being identified, strange as this may seem to the rest of us. <modsnip - no link> He knows the jig is up. Time to let the light shine on him. MO, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have there been any unsolved murders in PA? I just don't believe this is someone who hasn't done this before. He killed four out of six people living in a three story home. People who had not been asleep for long, were young, and one was a male. Maybe even in a home he had never been in before. I just don't see this as his first time. I'd wonder if there were any similar murders in PA.

Have there been any unsolved murders in PA? I just don't believe this is someone who hasn't done this before. He killed four out of six people living in a three story home. People who had not been asleep for long, were young, and one was a male. Maybe even in a home he had never been in before. I just don't see this as his first time. I'd wonder if there were any similar murders in PA.
What gives you the idea that this guy would have killed more considering his "performance" in this case? Way too many rookie mistakes for this to be an experienced killer. Sure, he was bold. He was also incredibly stupid. Definitely would be surprised if this wasn't his first major crime.

They had his DNA and used it in a genealogy search, found family and then narrowed it down. I'm sure him having a Hyundai Elantra was an important piece in that.

Genetic genealogy helped investigators identify the suspect, a source with knowledge of the case said. DNA found in Idaho was taken through a public database to find potential matches for family members, the source said. Once potential family matches were found, subsequent investigative work by law enforcement led to the identification of Kohberger, according to the source.

Wow. If true, the implications of this are huge. An amazing turnaround time for identification, for one. Welcome to the brave new world of real-time investigative genetic genealogy?

thoughts based on what news we have so far about BK:

Socially awkward or someone who is convinced of his superiority to others? perpetual student or someone who is convinced his peers do not see his worth, always chasing their acknowledgment? OCD eating habits or a need to feel superior to others by being the purest, healthiest, smartest person in the room? A need to control? Incel? I think we will find out this guy is one sick puppy who couldn't handle rejection and something specific set him off and caused him to target one person in the house. The slight (imagined or real) could be so minor and innocuous that the targeted individual had no idea this man now hated them. To the point their continued existence was an intolerable threat to his fragile ego. Pure speculation and MOO only.

Of course it’s possible that he’s done this before and I hope LE explore every avenue in looking for connected cases. But I also wonder if he always intended this as a one-off event - he wanted to commit a crime so shocking that it would gain worldwide attention but would forever remain unsolved. There would be endless speculation on sleuth forums, TV documentaries and podcasts etc, but only HE would ever know the truth. He’d carry it around with him forever as a reminder of how clever he was and how he committed the perfect crime.

Edited to add: and maybe his question the police about other arrests was a way of maintaining that sense of power. He knew they were onto the car and he was going to get caught, so he decided in advance that he’d imply that he had accomplices in order to create more uncertainty - and hence give him back a sense of control.

Last edited:
Genetic genealogy helped investigators identify the suspect, a source with knowledge of the case said. DNA found in Idaho was taken through a public database to find potential matches for family members, the source said. Once potential family matches were found, subsequent investigative work by law enforcement led to the identification of Kohberger, according to the source.

Wow. If true, the implications of this are huge. An amazing turnaround time for identification, for one. Welcome to the brave new world of real-time investigative genetic genealogy?
Genetic genealogy solved the original night stalker case with Deangelo.

thoughts based on what news we have so far about BK:

Socially awkward or someone who is convinced of his superiority to others? perpetual student or someone who is convinced his peers do not see his worth, always chasing their acknowledgment? OCD eating habits or a need to feel superior to others by being the purest, healthiest, smartest person in the room? A need to control? Incel? I think we will find out this guy is one sick puppy who couldn't handle rejection and something specific set him off and caused him to target one person in the house. The slight (imagined or real) could be so minor and innocuous that the targeted individual had no idea this man now hated them. To the point their continued existence was an intolerable threat to his fragile ego. Pure speculation and MOO only.
Also involved in a law career and held uniform wearing job (school security). Many SK want to be LE or military, right? Wear a uniform and hold some power over others. Many get rejected due to mental health tests.

Same. Reminds me of Barton Fink-era John Turturro.
Many are capable of Murder. People who are friendly, good looking etc have committed murder. Narcissists, Sociopaths can be very charming and involved in the community, yet some do kill. Be aware of your surroundings as best you can. IMO, this suspect may have thought he was smarter than the average LE, as he studied Criminal Justice. I took some Criminal Justice courses in college, and much can be learned, but until one has Experience, whether in the Field, as a Victim...Studies are no replacement for experience. Like others, I wonder if he may have killed before, and I hope LE continues to investigate him overall. Seems narcissistic to me, and very interested in his profile overall, and actual motive, if there even is one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member