ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be something as simple as a neighbor (whether it was a young student or adult) telling these four students, “ can you please keep the noise down” I have to study, work on my term paper etc. or for an adult perhaps, “ hey guys keep the noise down-it’s Sunday night and I have to work tomorrow”

Might be a temporary “euphoria” -when the dust settles…… and if it dawns on him later on…..
The perp chose a permanent solution to a temporary problem indicative of immaturity. He might not admit it, but he is going to feel guilty later on-this guy is going to be playing “cover-up” the rest of his life.
I just think that an animal that acts out in this manner is at least a sociopath. Doing these acts has no more effect on their mental state then swatting a fly. I really truly hope I am wrong and they crack or stand out emotionally in a way that can lead to an arrest.
I just don't belive they will crack. They are not wired normal in the head.
I also don't think he had a problem with the victims. He just wanted them. His problem was not having them. Now he does. Their brain is not right. The problem is now solved and he feels good about solving the problem. JMO

So been off this forum for the last couple days. Any new information or leads or insight that leads us to the identity of the killer?

A frightening question is after doing this will he want to do it again? Unfortunately I think it's likely.

He may want to do it again but he won't. He realizes by now that he's going to be spending the rest of his free days looking over his shoulder, and will not want to compound the risk.

There are serial killers and there are mass killers, but there are almost no serial mass killers.

It could be something as simple as a neighbor (whether it was a young student or adult) telling these four students, “ can you please keep the noise down” I have to study, work on my term paper etc. or for an adult perhaps, “ hey guys keep the noise down-it’s Sunday night and I have to work tomorrow”
I Had Some sketchy neighbors over My 60 yrs, So It Wouldn’t surprise Me, one thing Though, Usually they start out contacting authorities first so Maybe There’s police records about complaints.. MHO

One major question I have is whether or not the doors to the victims’ bedrooms were locked prior to attacks—if locked, did the killer know who to expect in each bedroom? Or was it random?
Good point. Many people here have stated that they locked their bedroom doors at college, especially when living in a house with many roommates, like this sometimes described “party house”.

Did the killer just happen to get lucky with unlocked doors here, or was he familiar with their habits? Did he risk going into the house and coming up against locks and breaking into those rooms?

Mods and administrators need a facts page where verifiable facts can be listed. These are the only verified facts. For instance: A crime occurred in the early morning hours of November 13th in Moscow, ID, at 1120 King Rd.; four roommates were killed (coroner estimates between 3-4 am, two roommates were not attacked and ruled out as suspects; Kaylee and Maddie were videoed at Food Truck at 1:40 am and given a ride home by a private party who has been ruled out as a suspect, Xana and Ethan were seen at fraternity party around 9 pm on the 12th, a surviving roommate's phone was used to call police at 11:58 am, the four victims were murdered by stabbing, at least one of the victims had apparent defensive wounds, the house is a six-bedroom, three-story house, the police said there was no sign of forceable entry, the police were dispatched to the scene to investigate an "unconscious person," and discovered the crime, Ethan, Xana's boyfriend, didn't live at the house, the FBI and State Police have been called in to assist, Kaylee's sister has been assisting police with uncovering some of the evidence like the Food Truck video. What other verifiable facts do we have?
phone calls from M and K's phones were confirmed.

IMOO since the four were said to be asleep when attacked I believe this to be targeted. Not sure if the group or one specific person was the target. If and when the forensics are released showing the progress of the blood transfer from the knife to each of the bodies in order of the killing. This may show if there was one or multiple killers. Since LE said this was a messy slaying I don't believe the killer(s) took time to minimize the forensic evidence to keep each body separate. Will be interesting to see if this was a rapid murder in succession or each person draw out over some time.

Mods and administrators need a facts page where verifiable facts can be listed. These are the only verified facts. For instance: A crime occurred in the early morning hours of November 13th in Moscow, ID, at 1120 King Rd.; four roommates were killed (coroner estimates between 3-4 am, two roommates were not attacked and ruled out as suspects; Kaylee and Maddie were videoed at Food Truck at 1:40 am and given a ride home by a private party who has been ruled out as a suspect, Xana and Ethan were seen at fraternity party around 9 pm on the 12th, a surviving roommate's phone was used to call police at 11:58 am, the four victims were murdered by stabbing, at least one of the victims had apparent defensive wounds, the house is a six-bedroom, three-story house, the police said there was no sign of forceable entry, the police were dispatched to the scene to investigate an "unconscious person," and discovered the crime, Ethan, Xana's boyfriend, didn't live at the house, the FBI and State Police have been called in to assist, Kaylee's sister has been assisting police with uncovering some of the evidence like the Food Truck video. What other verifiable facts do we have?
IMO that means there was one vacant bedroom since there were 6 rooms, 6 occupants and one room had two occupants. IMO

Oooh that’s a good point that I have not seen… maybe the knife was owned by one of the residents/victims?
My issue with "heat of the moment" is the type of knife used. It wasn't a run of the mill steak knife from the silverware drawer. Did they bring it with them, into the house (which would show going there with intent, in my opinion)? Or did one of the residents own it, and they picked it up in the house? MOO.
t

About them both calling if they were in the same room maybe KG was calling "Jack" and then when they didn't pick up thought maybe if she called from MM phone to see if he'd answer her. But then again we don't know how well they each knew this person.

What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?

I’m not entirely sure where I stand at the moment in terms of a theory as a lot of evidence released doesn’t seem to add up.

I don’t believe the other roommates were involved, I think the perpetrator may have been spooked therefore fled the scene or wasn’t aware the first floor/basement existed. The violent stabbing does make me think it was someone who knew at least one of the victims and had a lot of anger towards them for whatever reason. I think one of the victims was the prime target and the murderer killed the rest to make sure there was no witnesses. The fact xana had defensive wounds makes me think she was either woken by Ethan being killed or heard something therefore expecting to have to defend herself, this defensive may have been what spooked the perpetrator into fleeing the scene.

It will be interesting to see if the police release what happened during the call to 911 by the roommates in regards to the scene the roommates were met with when they went to the second floor as it was released it was a very bloody scene but they called friends and reported someone unconscious, this is yet something that doesn’t add up in terms of what was released.

I think there was an admin post a few threads back that said that it was updated that Ethan did live there (debunked that he didn't). But I don't know which thread, there have been so many! Agree it would be nice to have an easily accessible page with all of that info.

After thinking more about this case I think the killer was well known to the victims. I think he/she was already in the house and was invited in. The 2 girls downstairs are unaware of who it was because they were already asleep and never saw them all when they got back. When they all went to bed maybe after a few more drinks, and maybe the killer was sleeping on sofa for the night, the killer waited till he/she knew they would all be asleep. Did the killer spike them with something to make them unable to fight back? No one apparently heard screaming, possibly because the killer was known and the victims thought they were harmless, but wondering why he/she was in their bedroom. E was a big strong lad and I don’t think he thought they were in danger, but he got up because he heard a noise, saw the killer and because E trusted them they were able to stab him or I think he would fight back. They were all taken by surprise because they knew this person very well. This killer in my opinion is known to the 4 he or she murdered and very well known in their social circle.

This thread moves so fast so forgive me, but I am so puzzled about the lack of security cameras or ring cameras. Did the apartment building next door have any security cameras? Is it a large complex? For all we know the perp could have lived in that complex and had been spying on the house for a long while. I hope to goodness the police have more than what they are telling us and are close to closing in on the perp.

I've never been to this college, but if it's anything like some schools that I was familiar with, security in off-campus housing was iffy at best, unless it was in a high-crime area (Chicago, for example) or was $$$$ priced out of the range of all but really rich kids. Much of the housing I knew (lived in or visited friends) had nearly zero security and was run by 3rd parties for profit-driven ("crazed") owners. College students can be notoriously hard on housing, so it was sort of a race to extract profit before the domicile was trashed beyond repair. Expecting business-class surveillance on this housing wasn't happening. There is also a financial/legal disincentive to document security abuses (blocking doors open, for example, letting unknown people come and go, etc). Avoidance of liability is a common strategy. Also kids may not want illegal activity documented (parties, drug use, guests, etc)

Security costs money, and most starving college students opt for the cheapest living spaces that meet their perceived needs.

Events like this will increase security nationwide, until it rapidly fades into memory, unfortunately. U of I housing may change, but doubt many others will.

Dad's who offer to put cameras in their daughters housing may be politely declined, for various reasons.

Best bet is campus and town-wide cameras, but professional equipment is $$$$.

Hopefully they ascertain the perp and deliver swift and permanent punishment.

It is interesting in the Napa Valley killer case that the killer killed the women and eventually married one of the victim’s best friend and no one was the wiser,

He apparently exhibited no signs of stress and went on with his life because he killed the woman he thought was taking his love away from him because he was jealous of their relationship as friends.

often, a killer inserts himself into the case with a lot of fake sympathy and interest.

i wonder if there is anyone like that in this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member