ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been mentioned, the killer could be a hunter. That might explain the knife skills.

JMO
Memories came back with thinking about hunters. My Dad hunted. When I was a little girl he'd skin rabbits in the cellar in front of me. He'd give me the rabbit's foot sometimes. Now it sounds weird, but it was what hunting was about and I learned about that young.

When I think of hunting I think of using a gun or a trap, but I don't think of hunting with just a knife. So, I can see hunters cutting up their prey, but couldn't see them stabbing their prey. What am I missing here? To me and JMO, stabbing is different than being a hunter or a butcher.

Aiming for the right places in stabbing quickly, efficiently, and geared for silence is a different skill, IMO.

Moo, all these press conference are strategically worded and it is more likely that there are certain info there that weren’t true.
100% agree. I think it is very likely persons not called suspects or even asserted as cleared are not fully cleared. some other language in describing this seems quite stilted, and became stilted after federal and stat professionals came into the case.
Not certain this is a "trap" but I think even if they do have suspects they are taking to they may well be trying to lull them into making a mistake

They have to know who was targeted, right? They told Kaylee’s dad that one person was targeted (but did t say which one). If they know only one person was targeted, then they must know who that is. It’s the only one who shows the signs of being targeted!
Not 100% but I would say the most likely targeted victim was whomever was last to die. Keller could have opened doors, and in th e dark stabbed each victim and then looked to see if it was his primary target until he did finally get the one he sought.

Moo

LE conducted interviewed with many people and may have already interview the perp. I also think they’re not giving info to families because a cop once told me (my husband) that the worst people to give info to are family members and bosses cause they go to the media.

Moo, all these press conference are strategically worded and it is more likely that there are certain info there that weren’t true. For their own purpose to solved this crime.

Regarding the video surveillance request with LE wording such as “what you don’t see” is just that. They might be looking for something simple, not human (a car maybe) driving off (cellphone ping) and those who may have a surveillance in their houses or businesses may have that. Something that may not be important to us. When we’re looking at video we tend to check to human movement, but they’re probably looking for car movement.
I agree with this post so much. Best way to botch an investigation is to put too much information out there. I respect their lack of disclosure and cherry picking of words.

Also, you are on point with the videos. What seems like nothing to most is building a case for them...all about putting people in places at specific times.
Appreciate you!

Everyone stabbed n bed from above with a k-bar is going to be busied, the hilt is going to bruise them.
And Xana Kernoodle would likely be the outlier. she is the one person in bed with a stronger person, who the killer would more likely have killed first. so she is most likely to have been roused as her boyfriend was killed.
so she may have raised her hand as she was being stubbed and gotten a "defensive wound."
There isn't really any indication she "fought back." That is the dad speculating. Can't blame him but he is speculating
He’s not speculating. He states it very matter-of-fact. He says that his daughter, “faught back. She had defensive wounds.”

Not “would have defensive wounds” or “probably had defensive wounds.” He said she “HAD” them.

Of course, I can only attempt to explain why the dog is so interesting to me:
1. I'm curious about the flurry of phone calls (perhaps the last phone calls) made by the two murdered best friends;
2. I'm curious why a dog with a known residence and a known owner ended up at Animal Services;
3. I would like to understand how you can wake up in a house with four murdered roommates and 911 is not your very first phone call.#

2. Animals are property in Idaho, just like almost everywhere else, and as such, they are processed that way. Section 25-3502 – Idaho State Legislature

1. LE says not to be curious. He is cleared and that's really norma behavior for college-age people.

3. My guess: they didn't know everyone was murdered and/or they were totally in shock.

Think about this ring doorbells only save for 30 days without subscription we need to be making rounds actively trying to get the footage.

Electric bike/scooters (such as bird) logs:

I hope LE are also analyzing Electric bike requests and uses around the time of the crime and after. IMO, In a town of 25K, the requests will be less than 200 around that time.

If the prep(s) did use it somewhere they would have required to turn on the phones where they wanted to use the bikes if they had turned off the phones till then. They could have also parked their bikes somewhere when they came and know where to find them if they walked after the crime

3. My guess: they didn't know everyone was murdered and/or they were totally in shock.
I agree however I do have a different conclusion and opinion regarding 1 due to social media behavior before and after. But I will refrain from saying anything since it’s just an opinion based off certain posting and if I’m wrong it would be unfair to that person. I hope I’m wrong.

Though I very much doubt these murders were due to the proverbial $500.00 recreational drug debt, one might need to drive further into Washington than just across the state line to buy legal marijuana.

As you pointed out, weed is legal in Washington. But.... Washington evidently also allows for towns, cities and counties to effectively zone it out via declining to issue a permit needed for legal sales.

Idaho borders Washington to the east (more conservative part of the State). As a result, there could be limited poins of legal sale in the area.
I looked it up and there’s one literally 2 mins away. The border is right outside Moscow. You’re right about other places but here the dispensaries are very close to campus and the border

Think about this ring doorbells only save for 30 days without subscription we need to be making rounds actively trying to get the footage.
Apparently there aren’t any (or many) Ring doorbells in the near vicinity being spotted by reporters who have been looking for them according to a report on Fox earlier this evening.

He’s not speculating. He states it very matter-of-fact. He says that his daughter, “faught back. She had defensive wounds.”

Not “would have defensive wounds” or “probably had defensive wounds.” He said she “HAD” them.
he is 100% speculating. there is no evidence whatsoever that this daughter fought back. Defensive wounds are not fighting back anymore than getting shot in hand putting up your hand as someone tries to shoot you is "fighting back."

A cut on the forearm during an attack is a defensive wound. It doesn't mean you "you fought back" it more likely means you reflexively brought up your hand and it got stabbed as you did.

You're right he said those things. This is all just MOO.

I think of defensive wounds as holding your hands up in front of you trying to protect yourself from the stabs. Cuts on palms would be defensive wounds.

I know he says she fought, but fighting back would be something else. It'd be more like trying to punch and bite and kick. I wonder if she had a chance to do that? I wonder if any of them got some fighting back in before they died.

Moo

LE had conducted an interviewed with many people and may have already interviewed the perp. I also think they’re not giving info to families because a cop once told me (my husband) that the worst people to give info to are family members and bosses cause they go to the media.

Moo, all these press conference are strategically worded and it is more likely that there are certain info there that weren’t true. For their own purpose to solved this crime.

Regarding the video surveillance request with LE wording such as “what you don’t see” is just that. They might be looking for something simple, not human (a car maybe) driving off (cellphone ping) and those who may have a surveillance in their houses or businesses may have that. Something that may not be important to us. When we’re looking at video we tend to check for human movements, but they’re probably looking for car movement.
I think it's that they have enhanced viewing mechanisms for CCTV.

I agree however I do have a different conclusion and opinion regarding 1 due to social media behavior before and after. But I will refrain from saying anything since it’s just an opinion based off certain posting and if I’m wrong it would be unfair to that person. I hope I’m wrong.
well, now I'm curious. I guess my point was that there could be. a lot of reasons but this is a horrible event and who knows. The fact that they've been cleared by LE is enough for me. Also, it takes a whole lot of something awful to stab 4 people. just not seeing it and as such, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Memories came back with thinking about hunters. My Dad hunted. When I was a little girl he'd skin rabbits in the cellar in front of me. He'd give me the rabbit's foot sometimes. Now it sounds weird, but it was what hunting was about and I learned about that young.

When I think of hunting I think of using a gun or a trap, but I don't think of hunting with just a knife. So, I can see hunters cutting up their prey, but couldn't see them stabbing their prey. What am I missing here? To me and JMO, stabbing is different than being a hunter or a butcher.

Aiming for the right places in stabbing quickly, efficiently, and geared for silence is a different skill, IMO.
I agree with you. I also think a "hunter" would not leave 2 people alive. I do think the kille had some sort of fascination with a knife (maybe noone else knew about it), and had extreme jealousy or some sort of rage with targeted victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125