ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The city of Moscow, Idaho, has a population of 25,850 according to census.gov.

The University of Idaho has 10,791 students, according to Wikipedia.

If the suspect resides in Moscow, which I believe they do, there's a 41.7% chance that a student committed this crime.

I had an epiphany after reading this article on Fox, specifically this exchange between Fox host Lawrence Jones and Idaho State Police Officer Aaron Snell.

Lawrence Jones: "Obviously, you've got somebody that's on the loose right now. There's a lot of fear with the public based on what you guys have been able to collect. And you have profilers on the team, BAU unit is here, why not go ahead and release that profile?"

Aaron Snell: "It will potentially put more fear, more suspicion on a wide variety of people versus if we use that to really refine where we're at in our investigation. I think that will be more pertinent."

I believe the suspect is a student or students; it's isolated and targeted. If they release the profile, it will cast "suspicion on a wide variety of people," which is 41.7% of the population of Moscow.
Reminder or FYI: there’s a private college in town as well, & WSU in Pullman, WA is also just 7 miles away.

I’ll be the first to admit that I have difficulty understanding the American school/college system & know nothing about fraternities or sororities or what they’re for & what Greek Life means. Here in Australia schooling is in grades from 1 - 6 for primary school & grades 7 - 12 for high school. MOO
K-12 is regular school here too. We go by the British "calendar" for K-12. (However, "credits" are part of the HS curriculum and all graduating students must earn a minimum amt of credits. Sometimes they may take a night or summer class to make up. My BF didn't have all his credits at the end of HS because he flunked a few classes and needed to take a summer class to earn his diploma)

University is all credit based.

"Greek Life" is clubs and social. It's a thing with the "in crowd". You usually need to be fairly popular to pledge a sorority or fraternity. I went to a school which had only one fraternity and no sororities. They are not part of every college.

It could be that the killer(s) suffered no wounds. It's also possible that a single killer lives alone. It's also possible that the killer(s) are 3 states away right now, so anything unusual wouldn't likely be associated with this crime.
true that. cut resistant gloves and (for example) less than 2 hours to Spokane, WA.

OK I have never stabbed somone either, but if you are stabbing with one hand, wouldn't you be grabbing with the other? I imagine the grab would leave bruises unless this killer is the gentlest killer ever. IMO
It is called the controlling arm. The open hand grabs the victim, and this limits defensive motion and escape. It's a common move in a knife attack.

Do we know how long this house was rented to members of the current group? Are we talking months, years, the entire span of their education?

The house itself seems to have a reputation-- how associated with that are our victims? tia
I read that Xana had been there since 2020 but Kallie and Maddie had only been there since JI

I don‘t think the dog matters, but the police report does matter.
The report states the dog was found by police “on the night of the incident”. Really?
Because the incident of murder was during the morning Hours and police were not there. And it is my understanding the 911 call wasn’t made until noon.
so…..police did not find the dog until the afternoon after the murders.
Just hope they get this right.

The idea of LE calling this a targeted attack bothers me. It almost makes no sense. If it was a targeted attack why were the others murdered? If you go by whats been reported that the victims were murdered in their beds then why wouldn't the killer kill the intended victim and and then leave. Why risk going after the others if they had gotten the one they were after? Is it possible that they murdered the wrong person first and continued three more times before finally getting the target? That seems pretty far fetched. Is it possible that after the first murder the others woke up? But if that were the case they wouldn't have been found in their beds? Unless the killer put them back in their beds? I guess it is possible that the killer snapped after the first one. The only other thing is that is if all four victims knew something and if the killer had only murdered the target, they others would have known who the killer was? So is it possible it was a targeted attack. Yes, it is possible, but it just seems odd at this point with what we know.
What if the five women that lived in the house were the target(s)?

The statement about 'no danger to the community' bothers me, a lot.

Did you all see the Latagh site on the coroner? She’s an RN, political science BS, and law school graduate? She’s not an MD or forensic pathologist.
She did not actually do the autopsies
The idea of LE calling this a targeted attack bothers me. It almost makes no sense. If it was a targeted attack why were the others murdered? If you go by whats been reported that the victims were murdered in their beds then why wouldn't the killer kill the intended victim and and then leave. Why risk going after the others if they had gotten the one they were after? Is it possible that they murdered the wrong person first and continued three more times before finally getting the target? That seems pretty far fetched. Is it possible that after the first murder the others woke up? But if that were the case they wouldn't have been found in their beds? Unless the killer put them back in their beds? I guess it is possible that the killer snapped after the first one. The only other thing is that is if all four victims knew something and if the killer had only murdered the target, they others would have known who the killer was? So is it possible it was a targeted attack. Yes, it is possible, but it just seems odd at this point with what we know.
MOO - the killer is a psychopath who is comfortable with killing. They targeted one or both of the girls upstairs, but they entered the house on the second floor. They were probably watching and knew X and E were there on the second floor, and killed them so they wouldn’t get in the way or block his exit when he was done. After he killed them, he went upstairs and killed M and K, likely spending more time with the body or bodies, possibly mutilating them, posing them, something ritualistic or something that sent the message to LE that they were the target.

Again, this is just my theory. Also why I believe the room mates on the first floor were spared. They weren’t on the killers “route” in the home.

MOO

It's been reported that K.G. was not living at the home, but returned to the home to show her friend her new car. Does anyone have any information on why she was moving out and how long she was officially no longer a resident?

She was moving out because she had completed her coursework and was graduating. New job waiting for her in Texas

What if the five women that lived in the house were the target(s)?

The statement about 'no danger to the community' bothers me, a lot.
Unless the police saw something that indicated this was some sort of "message" or specifically targeted.

Drug cartel killings in Moscow, ID?

Okay so earlier I made a post about LE calling this a targeted attack. I was assuming that meant that one victim was targeted, but a few members said that it could have been a targeted attack against the house or multiple victims. This is true. So the question is that since this happened at this residence it must mean that the targets were more than likely someone who lived there correct? So does that mean that the boyfriend who got killed was more than likely was a collateral victim and the target or targets were the one or more of the girls?

New here, so hopefully I word this correctly. I’m having a hard time with both girls calling the same guy that night. I don’t care how drunk I got in college, I wouldn’t have been calling the guy my friend was calling…even if she asked me to….it would have felt weird. What if they were telling Siri to call so they could provide information? Can their phones be checked to see if a call was dialed via voice or manally?

I agree. So the perp is likely someone who knows of them and most likely not a college goer. This points to ex’s, personal drug dealer, coworker, neighbors, or young local that they’ve been around.
I share a similar viewpoint. After looking over some of the IG accounts it seems clear that the house is in an interesting location. You can see from the patio behind and up the hill the parking lot gave anyone a clear view of them outside, but probably inside too. Seems too easy for someone to basically watch them. Anyone know how many apartments are in the buildings right next to them?

Police seem certain its targeted but won't say if its the house or specifically a victim.
Yes, it is easy for a perp to see into those windows so they would've had a pretty good idea who lived there. Or maybe someone followed them home. It's possible it was just the women that were targeted and E just happened to become a victim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waitress at the Mad Greek, I believe. X worked there too.
Thank you, I was not sure and could not find any information on whether she also worked there. Wonder if she spoke to anyone (patrons or coworkers) about leaving and heading back home.

Okay so earlier I made a post about LE calling this a targeted attack. I was assuming that meant that one victim was targeted, but a few members said that it could have been a targeted attack against the house or multiple victims. This is true. So the question is that since this happened at this residence it must mean that the targets were more than likely someone who lived there correct? So does that mean that the boyfriend who got killed was more than likely was a collateral victim and the target or targets were the one or more of the girls?
I believe Ethan might have been a surprise to the killer, and possibly the reason the two roommates sleeping on level 1 were unharmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
becebooboo