ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is that LE is having a hard time getting info out of those kids at the party. They are either afraid of getting themselves or someone they like/love in trouble OR their parents quickly lawyered them up. JMO

JMO.

When a social event is held at a Greek house, socializing can occur in the individual living quarters (rooms) in addition to the main room where the event is formally hosted. E&X could have both 1) attended the dance and 2) not been seen or captured via SM in the dance area throughout the dance.

If E&X spent any time in individual rooms, reconstructing that timeline is likely challenging since it would be very fluid.

To the extent there may have been any illegal activity (ex., underage drinking), people may be reluctant to volunteer information. One would hope that the murder investigation would outweigh those considerations, but some young people may not think through such considerations.

JMO.

If LE would do just one thing, we could reduce posts by 1/3 or more.

Just tell us where Murphy was during commission of the crime & after if they know (and methinks they do).

Is there a more famous mini golden doodle? So happy he wasn't harmed.

Woof Woof
:p:Do_O

although this tweet from earlier today does not tell us where Murphy was during the commission of the crime, it does tell us where he was found when LE searched the home

Brian Entin

@BrianEntin
·
3h

More from Moscow PD on Kaylee’s dog Murphy: During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene.

To private dick or not to private dick

I tend to agree with Kaylee's father (SG) that if an individual had a strong alibi, they would do everything they could to get cleared (like the neighbor that was mentioned before who submitted his DNA voluntarily). Especially before leaving on holiday or doing anything else that could arise suspicion. I'm talking generally and not referring to a specific individual so as to not violate forum rules. Because why wouldn't you? I'd be giving DNA, alibis, people that can vouch for you, basically anything possible. Not only to protect myself/my family, but also to HELP LE get closer to the real perp.

MOO
IMO, Kaylee's dad and family are on point. I don't care what LE is releasing to the general public but there has to be some way to bring families up-to-speed here. I know loose lips sink ships but informed minds often keep the lips shut. JMO.

Could someone clear up the unharmed girls on the bottom floor? LEO said the 6 room mate left the residence before the school year, did she sublet her room? Who was the 6th girl on the bottom floor?

My feeling is that LE is having a hard time getting info out of those kids at the party. They are either afraid of getting themselves or someone they like/love in trouble OR their parents quickly lawyered them up. JMO
Perhaps by the national organization? Certainly wouldn’t be the first time. IMHO

Oh, I suspect they do. SG has said as much. I expect a gag order coming soon before someone gets hurt by the dropping of names and suspicions that are not supported by LE or the evidence they currently possess. This is becoming dangerous, and needs to stop, IMO.
We spent all of yesterday discussing this very subject.
LE needs to give him some time.
I was so sure they would have done that yesterday following the 2 Fox interviews. The News Nation special which aired later used some older footage from an interview at the G home from earlier this week.
His suspicions are his own and he owns them.
And until he is convinced otherwise that is unlikely to change.

It's also possible that LE did speak with him yesterday but that NN refused to cut specific quotes. We just do not know.

I find it relevant that He/ they did not kill the dog
Me too. Not only did he not kill the dog, he may have taken the time to seclude the dog and keep it away from the crime scene (by possibly putting Murphy in another room.) I think this could be a hint about the perp and an indication that he isn’t a random serial killer.

I find it hard to believe that the dog wasn’t physically with Kaylee and Maddie that night. We know that Murphy was taken out when the girls came home (as per the Ring video discovered by Kaylee’s sister.) I believe Murphy was hanging with the 3rd floor girls throughout the night.

I also think the dog’s breed could explain his potential behavior. I know several “doodles” and in my experience they are typically calm, friendly, non-barkers. This includes when non-residents enter a house when the residents/owners are not present. They are known for their temperaments and for being great with kids. They are not known for being guard dogs or even “alerters.”

JMO but I feel the details surrounding the dog - being unharmed and secluded - could be telling in regards to the killer.

When a social event is held at a Greek house, socializing can occur in the individual living quarters (rooms) in addition to the main room where the event is formally hosted. E&X could have both 1) attended the dance and 2) not been seen or captured via SM in the dance area throughout the dance.

If E&X spent any time in individual rooms, reconstructing that timeline is likely challenging since it would be very fluid.

To the extent there may have been any illegal activity (ex., underage drinking), people may be reluctant to volunteer information.

JMO.
YES to all of this. Many of us here on WS are older than the generation we are discussing but some things never change: You don't want to be a narc. There are some people who desire inclusion in these college groups so much that it can become detrimental to their own health (and others').

Brings me back to "what happens behind closed doors". This is a phrase many young people count on stifling info, whether in the Greek system or not. If these kids can find it in their hearts without worrying about their future, there is no reason not to speak up about the info they may have.

JMO

Jmo and some ramblings

If someone who wasn't from Moscow (like a classmate or neighbour) and was stalking the house and victims then they would (imo) come to the impression that 4 girls lived there. If the target was maddie for example maybe Kaylee had more damage because she wasn't supposed to be there and the killer got angry that his time with maddie wouldn't be alone.
Many have speculated that the killer struck that night because kaylee was back in town, maybe the killer never even knew about kaylee.

My father's wishes were to be cremated. I was POA and executrix of his will and handled all the arrangements. A few immediate family members went with me to the funeral home to make arrangements. After making all the arrangements we were asked if we wished to see him, which we did. We were given privacy while doing so. There was probably a similar process for the families of these victims that were cremated.
There's seeing the body prepared for an open casket service & then there's seeing the body naked & unprepped. Personally I would be very uncomfortable doing the latter. I think most people would be. If offered the option, I would decline because I wouldn't want that to be my main memory of a loved one.

And a person untrained in forensics cannot know what they are seeing IMO. Drawing conclusions from anything but an autopsy report unless trained to do so is meaningless in my view.

When X's father got her autopsy report & discussed her injuries, I appreciated it because he didn't have to & those results do having some bearing on commission of the crime against her and *possibly* the others.

This is what I am looking for - factual info, no matter the source.

With enough facts, one can solve this. I am trusting LE to do so because they have high level experts involved.

YMMV & MOO

Could someone clear up the unharmed girls on the bottom floor? LEO said the 6 room mate left the residence before the school year, did she sublet her room? Who was the 6th girl on the bottom floor?
2 girls on the bottom floor... D and B
Xana on the first floor with an empty bedroom.
Maddie and Kaylee on the top floor.
The 6th roomate had the empty room on the second floor but she left at the beginning of the school year.

Imo

although this tweet from earlier today does not tell us where Murphy was during the commission of the crime, it does tell us where he was found when LE searched the home
Brian Entin

@BrianEntin
·
3h

More from Moscow PD on Kaylee’s dog Murphy: During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene.
Awesome. Thanks!

He never actually said that Kaylee's injuries were more brutal. He also didn't say Maddie's were. He just said the "means of death don't match," and without clarification, this could be taken in a number of ways.

JMO
I found a reporter stating this information that K's injuries were more brutal came from the Special Report they did on News Nation on Sunday, Dec 4, 2022. Here's the reporter, he says it at :43.

Here at about 26 minutes in the NN Special Report, Brian Entin says they have new information they confirmed just before the show today and it is that K's wounds were more brutal. He never says who he got the information from, HOWEVER,unless it was a leak from LE, SC had access to his daughter's body and to M's mom who could have gotten the information about the state her daughter was in and they could have easily compared notes. IMO SC leaked this information to BE, BUT as a reporter, BE does not have to give his sources. In BE's shoes, I'd be darn certain that my source gave me correct information before I revealed something like this:

I feel that the recent update was important to law enforcement in that it eliminates 'Kaylee's stalker' as a viable theory so that any targeting of E and X won't get diluted in court by a good defense attorney.

My opinion.

That's a good point, but again if you have a strong alibi accompanied with DNA to clear your name, it seems worth the "risk" if your and your family's reputations are being dragged through the mud.
But, that only rewards bad behavior, and sets a precedence that people can be bullied into giving up their constitutional rights. The big picture matters, and I suspect some parents understand that more than others.

Jmo and some ramblings

If someone who wasn't from Moscow (like a classmate or neighbour) and was stalking the house and victims then they would (imo) come to the impression that 4 girls lived there. If the target was maddie for example maybe Kaylee had more damage because she wasn't supposed to be there and the killer got angry that his time with maddie wouldn't be alone.
Many have speculated that the killer struck that night because kaylee was back in town, maybe the killer never even knew about kaylee.
Definitely plausible. My only concern would be the culprit discounting the new vehicle parked in front of the house. He would have been aware of who owned and drove the others parked in the driveway, which alone, makes for a brazen attack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member