ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, but we don't know what parents budgets are either. My college had out of state plates like every other car in the dorms.
True.

But, hazarding a comparison to the non elite 'SMSU' (Standard Mid size State University) that I went to decades ago, out of state plates (WA could well be an exception due to the proximity to the state line) are going to be rare.

It doesn’t seem cute to me, just utilitarian. 2013 cars are long ago sold by car rental companies, who turn over their fleet pretty often. It could be a hand me down car, and whoever drives it is happy to just have wheels. Could be a food delivery person, even an Uber, surprisingly. 15 years old or newer in most of Idaho. If it was a student, only way university would have the license plate is if they needed campus parking. I’m not sure of UI’s cars on campus rules. Would UI give up a list of their students’ cars in this case?
Its a throw away car

In my opinion they need to look at those individuals who watched the grub truck's live stream and if possible in the weeks before. There are tips coming in to the truck workers themselves as well as watchers sending in food payments for friends or cute girls they see on the stream.

What if over their years there they had been comped food so many times and at some point in that small town crossed path with one of those stream watchers and wasn't interested in engaging with them in any way? If it were KG and she appears on the stream, might that have inspired the attack later?

When I first saw video I was confused in thinking they were trying to swipe food, but now I think they were so close to serving area to stay on stream hoping meal might be free if more visible to those watching who were watching?

Even if no-one in stream is the perp, I can't help but wonder if it was why someone with ill intent might have seen her back in Moscow after thinking her gone? Even those tipping at the very end just to the truck workers.

All above my own theory, I can only imagine the amount of evidence these LE are working through.

Kathy
Interesting thought about staying close to have your meal comped but it would most likely happen when you order, not while waiting. I think they were just in a hour to get the food and get home.

I wish there were a first gen version of the bodycam footage available, rather than a copy of a copy. But it almost looks to me like the light in the window could be from a headlight. It fades because a car is backing out. At the very end, you can see lights below the house moving.

If you search Twitter for the #moscowmurders tag, you can find part of the news with the bodycam.

Well crap......I see 4 white cars....

View attachment 385706
Looking on my phone and can’t see much and I’m not oriented to to street in front of the house. Does it appear that the car was parked or slows down or stops? Hopefully this is a big break in the case….but could it be someone dropping off E & Z which would assist LE in developing their timeline?

Is it standard for locations of violent crimes to be blurred on google street? I don’t think I’ve ever done a street view of an ongoing murder investigation before so I’m not sure if it’s a common occurrence or LE is trying to hide something within the image.
You do realize that the street view photo was captured in October 2021? I doubt any thing in a photo over a year old would have much evidentiary value. Possible, yes. Likely, no.

It is my understanding from a previous thread on the subject of google maps an blurring of locations, that owner's can request that the location be blurred. It is a permanent thing and can't be undone. It is possible the owner of the house requested it be blurred because of this horrific incident. It is possible that a public figure (politician) or LE asked to have the location blurred as well although I don't know the blurring policies of Google under this type of circumstance.

Here is a photo showing the image capture date for 1122 King Road.

1670462003702.png

As the last message from the police was that the victims were targeted, I would go with the "relatively close to home" option.

As for likely customers.....

I think another forum member said it best considering the car is 10 years old or so. Paraphrasing him or her: "Its a college student mobile". Interestingly, its not a macho student mobile- say an older and lifted truck.

I dont know how many are out there, but I do know that there is exactly one for sale in a 300 mile radius of Moscow, Idaho on a national car sales web site.

Guessing that say, 0.5% of the 275 millions cars in the USA are for sale at any given time. This could yield, 200 or so white Hyundai Elantras of that age in 300 miles of Moscow.

Breaking it down further.... say, 100 are owned by males. Then estimating that that... say maybe 50 of those cars are owned by single white males between 18-35.
I'm not convinced it was male, one or a college student.
I think the word 'targeted' is wide open to interpretation too.
College students were targeted and it's possible it was not personal.

It's still as wide open as that.

By now the identity of the owner would be known had it been a college student.
That's what I think anyway.

I'll be very glad when this case is charged.
I find it to be completely exhausting.

Good to see something happening with this case, I'm pretty confident this will get solved.

All this talk of the white car made me think about those tire marks on the road outside the building. What happened with that? I remember pictures of them looking at them.

Ok, I skipped a few pages and I’m going to post an article I think… I saw on Fox about an hour ago regarding a vehicle that’s if interest in this case. Another by me! Hope I’m not repeating

But it's not just the house, it is every license plate on every single car in either direction of 1122 King Rd. While the owner of the house could have the house blurred, he could not request that license plates be blurred. This is very specific.
LE and Google may have done that to protect people who live(d) near the crime scene from being tracked down and harassed....

I'm not convinced it was male, one or a college student.
I think the word 'targeted' is wide open to interpretation too.
College students were targeted and it's possible it was not personal.

It's still as wide open as that.

By now the identity of the owner would be known had it been a college student.
That's what I think anyway.

I'll be very glad when this case is charged.
I find it to be completely exhausting.
Police might have a car in focus already. When the owner doesn't show, the cops will go to them.

Basically, people ringing in about the white hyundai will put the vehicle in town and the vehicles intentions.

Hopefully Homeland Security are running some checks

Police haven't reported the vehicle dumped - yet #hyundai

Maybe the vehicle has crossed a border

Register it with what office? I've spent a lot of time around college campuses and I have never known of an office where a car must be registered, unless one is buying a pass in a parking lot. Is that a practice at the University of Idaho? Looking through quite a few photos, it doesn't look to me like parking is much of a challenge around town. MOO.
I graduated from ASU in 2011. If you had a longterm parking pass (full semester or full year), you had to register your vehicle with the Parking & Safety office on campus. They would actually scan the passes hanging in the vehicles and make sure it's the correct vehicle parked (no sharing a pass).

If you were doing short-term parking, you could just pay at the meters and no need to register your car.

It doesn’t seem cute to me, just utilitarian. 2013 cars are long ago sold by car rental companies, who turn over their fleet pretty often. It could be a hand me down car, and whoever drives it is happy to just have wheels. Could be a food delivery person, even an Uber, surprisingly. 15 years old or newer in most of Idaho. If it was a student, only way university would have the license plate is if they needed campus parking. I’m not sure of UI’s cars on campus rules. Would UI give up a list of their students’ cars in this case?
I would hazard that if they are to the point of asking for help from the public they have already tracked down and cleared every white Elantra in that county, the surrounding counties, and registered with the university— which should capture nearly all the students who live or plan to park on campus. Very few would NOT register a car and get a pass if they brought a car with them. To me, this says two things. The police are very interested in this car. And the offender could be transient.

Intrigued by the latest development. A couple of thoughts:

Firstly, I’d imagine LE think the car is of major significance. They have played their cards very close to their chest (understandably so).3 and a half weeks in and this is the first time they have given a specific request for information. Over 2,000 tips, thousands of pieces of digital evidence. This is the only specific public call for help. This doesn’t feel tenuous to me.

Secondly, the wording occupant or occupants is interesting. Multiple perpetrators? accomplice? Unless they have done it deliberately it telegraphs a still unknown to me.

Thirdly the car. A quick look on Wikipedia suggests there were over 600k sold in the US between 2011-2013. So a popular model. That said Moscow is small. 25k. You would think a search on that and the surrounding area would yield a manageable amount of enquiries.

Too early to tell but it doesn’t align with a local individual or someone within their circle of friends to me - I think they would already be interviewing the driver if that closely connected.

You do realize that the street view photo was captured in October 2021? I doubt any thing in a photo over a year old would have much evidentiary value. Possible, yes. Likely, no.

It is my understanding from a previous thread on the subject of google maps an blurring of locations, that owner's can request that the location be blurred. It is a permanent thing and can't be undone. It is possible the owner of the house requested it be blurred because of this horrific incident. It is possible that a public figure (politician) or LE asked to have the location blurred as well although I don't know the blurring policies of Google under this type of circumstance.

Here is a photo showing the image capture date for 1122 King Road.

View attachment 385752
Good point, did X and MM live there that school year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prayerwarrior7174