ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still curious on the Taylor Ave. / Band Field call officers responded to because of its proximity in time and location to when the coroner spoke to the estimated time of death. I wonder what prompted the caller in essence on a weekend night regarding these specified individuals. Did the caller hear or see something else, officers responded to the general vicinity, and just happened to stumble upon the incident at Band Field? “Alcohol Offense” was the final outcome on the report, I believe. Similar to “Noise Complaint” on others.
A neighbor over the edge IDK?

Re:the white Hyundai Elantra. As I mentioned before, they are looking for a 2011 -2013 when that generation of that vehicle ran through 2015. This mean whatever or WHOEVER saw it could identify that the wheels were different, front fog lights were different, the grille is different, the back reflectors were different, all or was able to identify one of the interior features as being specific to 2011-2013 only.

Side view could get the wheels and the front fog lights. To see the back reflectors you'd pretty much have to be staring at where the license plate would be. Grille you'd need a side front diagonal minimum.

Someone could have seen the vehicle coming towards them as they were going somewhere, either on foot or in a vehicle (some of the drivers who get people home safely were likely still out). The vehicle might have been seen on camera footage they aren't releasing. It might have taken this long to get the car they are interested in pinned down to a 2011-2013 because of the differences. No use looking for a two door when the 2011-2013 didn't have a two door.

I do wish LE would be more specific, highlight what is special about the 2011-2013. Must be 4 door. Rear reflectors are angled under the bumper. Wheels look like this (image of wheels). Fog lights are this shape (image of that). The Hyundai logo looks like this (image of logo). That way they wouldn't get tips on 2014, 2015, Hondas, or wrong wheeled vehicles.

Most people wouldn't know what year a car is, but they can tell a black grille from a chrome one.

Last edited:
I apologize in advance for the incoming long post. I was listening to a podcast today (True Crime Garage: Idaho College Murders) and they shared the arrival times that have been shared by other sources & throughout the threads. However, it got me thinking.

If I remember correctly, X & E returned home at 1:45am and K & M returned home at 1:56am. If I’m walking in around the same times as my friends (and with food), then I’m probably staying up for a bit eating, chatting, laughing, etc. The murders happen sometime between 3am & 4am. This is where I get stuck.

Part of me thinks that the killer had to have followed them home and sat outside watching & waiting for them to fall asleep. But, then I think that maybe it was completely random and the killer had no idea about the movements of the people inside that night. It’s just my opinion that one hour is a very small window of opportunity to commit 4 gruesome murders.

I believe the actual timeframe is between 3am and 6am. So a 3 hour window of opportunity.

The likely-hood of that is pretty slim. It is more likely that someone at the bar got pissed off, which is why the guy in the food truck video felt the need to protect the girls (or the girls asked him to). Who were they afraid of? I really think the answer to this is at the bar.
Does the Bar have Cameras?

I agree. Sometimes I feel like LE has been playing multilayer chess and I don’t understand. Then they say things a month later like “if you see someone acting weird in the grub truck video let us know.”
Well the murders occurred on November 13, so it hasn’t been a month yet.

And IMO LE is not playing chess or any other game and sitting back waiting for Internet sleuths to alert them to “ clues “ on a food truck Livestream.

They have asked for the public’s help but that doesn’t mean that they have nothing to go on.

If you’ve followed any investigations you’ll know that it takes time to follow up on leads and evidence. And in this case there are FOUR victims, so FOUR times the cell phone data, emails and witness interviews of people associated with each victim.

Have you seen how many tips have been called in and how many videos submitted? LE has to vet and follow up on every one of those ( even if they sound ridiculous).

It’s not like an episode of Law and Order or CSI where they wrap it all up in an hour.

JMO

8D5220D8-0066-47FB-B817-C5D39C3989FA.jpeg

Re:the white Hyundai Elantra. As I mentioned before, they are looking for a 2011 -2013 when that generation of that vehicle ran through 2015. This mean whatever or WHOEVER saw it could identify that the wheels were different, front fog lights were different, the grille is different, the back reflectors were different, all or was able to identify one of the interior features as being specific to 2012-2013 only.

Side view could get the wheels and the front fog lights. To see the back reflectors you'd pretty much have to be staring at where the license plate would be. Grill you'd need a side front diagonal minimum.

Someone could have seen the vehicle coming towards them as they were going some where, either on foot or in a vehicle (some of the drivers who get people home safely were likely still out). The vehicle might have been seen on camera footage they aren't releasing. It might have taken this long to get the car they are interested in pinned down to a 2011-2013 because of the differences. No use looking for a two door when the 2021-2013 didn't have a two door.

I do wish LE would be more specific, highlight what is special about the 2011-2013. Must be 4 door. Rear reflectors are angled under the bumper. Wheels look like this (image of wheels). Fog lights are this shape (image of that). The Hyundai logo looks like this (image of logo). That way they wouldn't get tips on 2014, 2015, Hondas, or wrong wheeled vehicles.

Most people wouldn't know what year a car is, but they can tell a black grille from a chrome one.
maybe LE know who's car it is and wanna see what they do. Thats what Id do

Its what I said, but I feel he didn't go to the base floor because either stabbing four people in the chest had gotten messy, the bottom floor was secure, or the male in the bottom floor posed too much a risk. Imoo
This is a bit morbid but I read that "evidence collected during the autopsies has been transferred to the Moscow Police Department". I wonder if that evidence could have included the tip of the knife that may have broken off in one of the bodies, which is not uncommon. And, if so, if that could have been the (or a) reason why the 2 roommates on the bottom floor were left alone. This is speculation on my part.

I suspect the neighbor’s Camera caught it, and that’s how they are certain of the color, and model year series.

Otherwise, they could say light colored car, some silvers at night are hard to distinguish for eyewitnesses, and ostensibly an eyewitness wouldn’t know there was a murder at the time they saw the vehicle.

Further, they’re just not going to say we believe this is the murderer. Mr. Murderer, come forward. They’re almost always a POI until they clamp the handcuffs.

I've wondered if someone either directly or indirectly involved in that call thought 1122 called the police on them. The timing is incredible. JMO
Yes. That’s what I was thinking. Because lights were on in the house at that hour and were possibly visible to the drinkers on the Band Field, that someone (one of the drinkers busted) ASSUMED that the residents at 1122 King Rd called the police. IMO. An alcohol offense is pretty minor, but if someone was drunk enough and angry enough……

In a previous post I attached an article that reported KGs sister saw the "ride service" car bring the girls home. A neighbor has a Ring camera that caught video of the car passing by. That camera may have the Elantra on it as well.

maybe something as simple as a desire to kill.

Maybe it has to do with certain cases of alexithymia, when only very strong emotions are recognized, so there is addiction to strong emotions that the person can not feel otherwise. Everything is boring, except during murder. The same addictive behavior as drugs or gambling, only the trigger is different. It is a small part of the explanation of underlying behavior, that in essence, yes, represents the desire to kill.

maybe LE know who's car it is and wanna see what they do. Thats what Id do
Maybe. It's a fine ploy. But maybe that car wasn't being driven by who owns it. Maybe the owner doesn't think their car went anywhere when it did and was returned. Maybe they HAVE talked to the owner who claimed someone or someone's were driving it and they want an outside source to confirm "yep, that's John-boy's car and he does NOT loan it out"(as an example).

In the meantime, they are getting tips on white Honda accords. Just saying, specific makes call in tips better.

This is a bit morbid but I read that "evidence collected during the autopsies has been transferred to the Moscow Police Department". I wonder if that evidence could have included the tip of the knife that may have broken off in one of the bodies, which is not uncommon. And, if so, if that could have been the (or a) reason why the 2 roommates on the bottom floor were left alone. This is speculation on my part.

I don't see that as being the reason, tbh. I also don't think Ethan and his GF were part of the killers plan. It is more likely, IMO, that they heard a commotion, went to go check it out, saw the killer coming downstairs as he was on his way out the back door and either knew who he was or confronted him at that moment. Seeing he had a knife, Ethan ran back into his room where he and his GF were ultimately murdered.

Something about all of this tells me that one of the girls on the third floor were the killers' target. What I haven't been able to wrap my head around (quite yet) is the amount of time between feeling the need that this was something that he absolutely needed to do and the time that it occurred. Even drunk, you can talk yourself out of doing this in the two hours from 1-3am.

@OldCop - In your opinion are the Police trying to lure the suspect by releasing a very strong statement saying the occupants of the car have information which is critical to this case? And are they watching him?
I think they are probably really looking for the car. If they knew it and/or the owners, they would watch for a while to see where it went and what they were up to before they would release something to the public in an effort to spook him. They would definitely have them come into the station for an interview. I think they have been quietly looking for it for a while. I think they may have been trying to trace its route and that of several other cars on the night of the murders when they released that grid and asked anyone to submit any footage from that night whether there was anything on it or not.
LE takes a chance when they release a description like this. They could send the owner underground and he could hide it in a garage, bury it, have it compacted at a junk yard etc
In the Monkey Vaughn case, LE put out info on 2 different cars that were caught on camera in his neighborhood around the time he disappeared. They had been trying to identify them for a while before it was publicly released.

In a previous post I attached an article that reported KGs sister saw the "ride service" car bring the girls home. A neighbor has a Ring camera that caught video of the car passing by. That camera may have the Elantra on it as well.
Thank you. Good to know.

Maybe. It's a fine ploy. But maybe that car wasn't being driven by who owns it. Maybe the owner doesn't think their car went anywhere when it did and was returned. Maybe they HAVE talked to the owner who claimed someone or someone's were driving it and they want an outside source to confirm "yep, that's John-boy's car and he does NOT loan it out"(as an example).

In the meantime, they are getting tips on white Honda accords. Just saying, specific makes call in tips better.
hopefully we won't have to wait too long. I think that cars gonna be found fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members