ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow websleuths - Long time lurker...not first time posting(Life gets busy, I forget my login and pw, reregister, rinse and repeat). In any case, I have been a member since forever, hold this website in the highest regards to you, the members, and the mods for not allowing rampant speculation and careless posting. So hello to old and new friends.

My two pennies are regarding the six late night phone call from KG that her sister said was made between 2:26am - 2:44am. If she felt her life was in danger, why not call 911? It's hard to imagine a scenario where you believe people in your home are being murdered that you would call anyone but 911.

That said, LE/ME needs to get on one page yesterday and stop being sloppy and frankly irresponsible with information. MOO/IMO.

JMO but I think my theory that M and K were the targeted ones and attacked first still tracks. MOO is that M and K may have been asleep or at least almost asleep in their own beds when attacked, which caught them by surprise but caused enough commotion for E to wake up and go see what was going on. If he came out right as the killer was coming downstairs to leave, he probably attacked E because he was a witness. Maybe pushed him back into the room (which is why he was also found in bed), which would’ve woken up X and given her a bit more time to react and fight back (but also in bed).

I’m hearing that LE is open to the possibility of more than one killer but I’m still leaning towards one male, motive being rejection/anger/resentment. Known to M/K though not necessarily as a friend, more like a lurker or admirer from afar, and possibly a local so he thought E/X might be able to identify him (even if not by name, only appearance.)

Quick question about the dog. Was the dog present at the scene? I saw someone post around on page 10 about perhaps the sliding door was left open for the dog. If the dog was home, wouldn't it have alerted to the stranger in the house? Unless it was in the room with one of the survivors - but still, my dog barks even when he can't see what he's barking at - he just hears a noise. Or, did the killer give the dog food to distract him/her? Or was the killer known to the dog?

JMO/speculation
I love my dog, but she would sniff the stranger to see if they had treats.

I don't think on-line phone records are "LIVE" - I think you can see all the numbers called but only after a bill is crated. But what do I know.. I believe what she says now that she somehow knows she called multiple times during a short like 14 minute period.

Something terrible was up.

You don't call someone repeatedly unless there is an emergency or other conflict going on.
i've drunk called my bf like 10 times in a row before not unusual at all

You’d think, but - I have a very barky dog. Sound in the hallway? Bark. Delivery guy? Bark.

An intruder broke into my house last year - not a single sound. I woke up to the voice of the woman talking high pitched and quietly to her.

Got into a physical altercation. Silent.

I still don’t get it.
It is all in the training or prior experiences of teaching dogs how to react. Most of the times the dog are told not to bark and they are quiet even when a dangerous situation arises quickly

Alexandra Duggan
@dugganreports

#UPDATE From coroner Cathy Mabbutt: -It’s likely they were asleep -Bedsheets taken for testing -Some of them were in bed at the time -Cannot say which of the 4 were in bed

ISP told me this morning they cannot confirm anything about who Kaylee called that night. Remember; we DO know she was not the person who made a call to police at any point — Jan 1 - Nov 13. “Still investigating” today, ISP says… we wait.

That only means there was no foreseeable threat to life at that moment or do we even know whether the call was made by the victim or was it by prep to cause a distraction - which in this case would mean the prep knows the victim(s)
You may have to run through the reasoning with me on that one. Of what benefit does it a serve a perp. to ring someone from one of his/her victim's phone?

This was by all accounts a frenzied attack and with two other people in the house I imagine they didn't want to hang around for too long.

Alexandra Duggan
@dugganreports

#UPDATE From coroner Cathy Mabbutt: -It’s likely they were asleep -Bedsheets taken for testing -Some of them were in bed at the time -Cannot say which of the 4 were in bed

ISP told me this morning they cannot confirm anything about who Kaylee called that night. Remember; we DO know she was not the person who made a call to police at any point — Jan 1 - Nov 13. “Still investigating” today, ISP says… we wait.
Oh wow that completely negates my theory then. I don’t know why E/X would have been targeted aside from being potential witnesses to what I thought was the main attack on M/K.

******ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT
Unfortunately this thread must be temporarily closed.
The overwhelming number of violations of WS TOS are impossible to keep up with unless one of our volunteer staff members sits on this thread to “babysit” and we are unable to do that. We all have responsibilities IRL.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED FOR NOW.
It will reopen sometime in the next few hours.

PLEASE TAKE THIS TIME TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF SERVICE
and catch up on the posts in this thread and the news that is out there today.

Wish this wasn’t necessary but circumstances have indicated that it is.

MOD NOTE:

Thread is reopened. Please post within Websleuths' TOS. If you need a refresher about what that means, the links in my signature are where you need to look.

In general:

Websleuths deals in facts, and facts require LINKS from approved sources. Approved sources are mainstream media and law enforcement sources. Approved sources are NOT something somebody said on social media.

The social media of the victims is allowed. The social media of their families and friends are not.

In specific:

People other than the victims . . . any discussion is limited to what is in MSM, and use initials only.

LE has not announced a POI. Websleuths' TOS means that nobody can be treated as a POI or suspect until LE says so. Non-negotiable, zero tolerance. Timeouts will be issued for breaking this rule.

MOO. Perhaps one of the young women had been stalked and the others protected her as best they could, i.e. one or several accompanying her at all times. This angered the stalker because he could never access her alone. So he took his anger out on all of them. MOO I wonder if there was an order of protection against someone and LE can't find that person. MOO.

Rebecca Rosenberg, "University of Idaho murders: police can't say if survivors are witnesses or suspects," FOX News, 18 November 2022.
<snipped & BBM>
The female roommates who were home when four Idaho college students were savagely stabbed to death Sunday in a house near campus haven't been ruled out as suspects, an official told Fox News Digital.

"These are people who may have seen the crime but on the flip side may have committed the crime," said Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police. "We don’t know if they are witnesses, victims or suspects, so until we do a thorough investigation, naming them would be inappropriate."

Snell added that the roommates had been "fully cooperative."

Rebecca Rosenberg, "University of Idaho murders: police can't say if survivors are witnesses or suspects," FOX News, 18 November 2022.
<snipped & BBM>
The female roommates who were home when four Idaho college students were savagely stabbed to death Sunday in a house near campus haven't been ruled out as suspects, an official told Fox News Digital.

"These are people who may have seen the crime but on the flip side may have committed the crime," said Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police. "We don’t know if they are witnesses, victims or suspects, so until we do a thorough investigation, naming them would be inappropriate."

Snell added that the roommates had been "fully cooperative."
No theory or ppl can be ruled out yet, IMO

This house had 6 bedrooms. There were five roommates, and one of those was in the process of leaving.

I wonder if they had put out any feelers for another roommate, and especially, if that was the case, if anyone had been turned down.

Was Maddie wearing her own jacket in the Twitch video? It seemed huge. Maybe it's her bf's? He doesn't look that big though. If she went out for the night not dressed for the weather could some guy have offered his jacket to her? Was it found in the home?
Oversize jumpers/hoodies/jackets are the trend at the moment. Maybe thats why it's too big?

Moo

I'm not very familiar with blood spatter patterns, but if the victims were murdered in their sleep, how would "lots of blood" get on the wall?

Aya Elamroussi and Veronica Miracle, "‘We’re leaving as fast as we can’: University of Idaho reels with unease days after killing of 4 students and no suspect identified," CNN, 18 November 2022.
<snipped & BBM>
The victims were found on the second and third floors of the home, Idaho State Police Communications Director Aaron Snell told CNN Friday.

Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt told CNN she saw “lots of blood on the wall” when she arrived at the scene. She confirmed there were multiple stab wounds on each body – likely from the same weapon – but would not disclose how many wounds nor where most were located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sshamrick2011