ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if Newsweek is considered MSM so I’m refraining from sharing a link or any details, but their latest piece on this case is interesting and can be easily accessed online (no paywall).

Best friends and ‘big, bright souls’: Teachers remember Moscow homicide victims Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen​

Coeur d’Alene Public Schools asked Lake City teachers to share their remembrances of Mogen and Goncalves. Here are some of their responses:
Kaylee and Madison (even 5 years later, I remember the two of them as a hyphenated phrase: kaylee-and-madison), always had a sunny attitude, a joy of life that was infectious. Their first assignment was to write their “reading autobiography.” Madison shared that she loved “To Kill a Mockingbird” and said that it taught her “to always take the high ground even if people look bad on you for it.”

Kaylee was a treasure.
….

I had both girls in the same Speech class. They sat next to each other, and it became obvious from the first day that these two were buddies. The expression “thick as thieves” comes to mind (more the thick part than actual thievery), but each had a good sense of humor and a big personality; they complimented each other well. They also knew how to push each other’s buttons, and could be fairly brutal in their smack talk to each other. But mostly they looked out for one another, and would fiercely defend one another should smack talk come from anyone else. Kaylee and Maddie were big, bright souls, and will be missed, May they rest in peace.
…..
It was so clear that Maddie deeply loved the people in her life. She always displayed empathy and understanding for those around her. Maddie will be so greatly missed. The quote “I am the author of my own life” describes Kaylee and her drive perfectly.

Quick question. I noticed that in many posts here people believe that Kaylee was the primary target. What leads to that belief?
I don’t know but if I were to guess I’d say because a lot of her photos are so very attractive and appealing, quite the figure, quite the smile, the hair, etc, that she’d attract the most unwanted attention. All the victims were beautiful but lunatics are often attracted to someone who stands out from the crowd and catches their eye. Just guessing .

Someone couldn’t have entered their house mistakenly? Or was someone let in because they thought it was neighbor’s friend?

There has to be DNA. Hair, blood, seaman or whatever. I think we are going to have to wait for testing, I just hope to god whoever did this doesn't do it again. JMO

Are the Cops really searching for the driver? Quite easy to verify whether it was Uber or not. Even a Uber driver might end a trip and take the girls on his own (with malicious intent).

I do see the girls were distracted by the guy standing back (also partially impaired by alcohol i guess), ignoring him and hurried off as soon as they got their food. Did they just get in a wrong car or was their Uber driver waiting there and ended the trip but the girls got in?

The door-cam would play a role easily if the driver is not forthcoming or not from this town. Also some cams on the road.

About a month back on MSM there was a report of a well-dressed guy knocking and ringing doorbells at 4-5am calmly with a machete hidden in his hand. He goes door to door to see whether someone opens up. It happened in Florida - Florida residents raise alarm over well-dressed man with machete knocking on doors at night

Could this case have been similar? A random prep? (May be LE wants to who the driver was) I was always wondering what happened with that story whether the cops knew who it was and why he was doing it. Could be an online-group? Anybody knows?

Deleted link because it routed to wrong story somehow.
Trying this again but with a Fox News link this time. What I find interesting is Kaylee’s sister’s assertion that both Kaylee and Maddie called the same person numerous times between 2:26 and 2:52. Perhaps this has already been discussed. I had only been aware Kaylee placed numerous calls to someone.

Edit to add: I preferred the Newsweek piece because it did not include mention of a person with a very common name being linked to one of the girl’s social media accounts (the Fox piece does). That seems irresponsible to me, particularly because the name is so common. But I could not figure out how to link the Newsweek piece without it routing to a newer and unrelated piece.

Last edited:
As a side note, I have a friend in the area, and they have started a "pot luck" group to feed all of the various LEO that have been doing the investigation. Dropping items off at the police station, because many of the officers have been working so much on this case. Lots of long hours. I thought that was really an awesome goodwill gesture from the community.
Wonderful idea.
I remember the thread Whitney Heichel, food was supplied in abundance to LE.

I found another from 2016.

* Dorothy Ashley, Springfield, OR, August 2016, stabbing according to Murder Accountability Project, police declined to ever state her cause of death publicly, cited it as a "personal" attack, found dead in her home. Found by son who came to see her. No suspects, no leads, no arrests.
@Manwel- great sleuthing! I’ll check that out.
How far back do those records go? Anything from 11-15 years ago in Idaho?
Thank you!

@Manwel- great sleuthing! I’ll check that out.
How far back do those records go? Anything from 11-15 years ago in Idaho?
Thank you!
Yes, there are quite a few records. I’ve been looking through it. It also appears that stabbings near universities seems to be in abundance in Washington. Moscow is within ten miles of the Idaho/Washington border.

I’m very confused by this “private party” ride home thing. You’d think LE would’ve known days ago if the girls came home in an Uber or not. That’d be one of the very first things you’d look at
So, could there be two different rides?

Maybe the first ride was from the bar to the food truck (private party).

Maybe the second was when the Uber showed up. If you watch the video, once they get their food one of the girls has her cell phone out. I thought she was taking a picture of the guy in the food truck. But maybe she got a notification on her cell the Uber arrived. Because after that they hussle out of there.

That sigma chi fraternity house is awfully close to the murder house. Much too risky to drive a car over there not knowing which houses have cameras that can track you along with all the other public cameras to hour house. Plus all that blood transferred into the car. I'm thinking this person got there on foot, was masked up. Maybe took off their jacket before they entered the house and put it back on after leaving in order to cover the blood.

Maybe it was conveyed at the party that ethan would be sleeping at the girl's home? Maybe he was the main target? I'm just really curious what the witnesses at the party had to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member