ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if, when arrested, LE found the knife that was used in the murders? I know many here, including me, felt that he would have kept it, almost as a trophy of his deeds, but now I am wondering if it may have been tossed out a window, along some stretch of roadside between Moscow and Pennsylvania. Also wonder if he left the area immediately after the murders, or waited a while, hoping to make his disappearance less likely to be noticed or tied to the crimes.

Now that he has been arrested, let's get that DNA, because I have a strong feeling that a match to it was found at 1122 King St!

Busted! JMO

Knowing his background in criminal science, I'll bet he shipped the knife to LE in Idaho.

A neighbor told Fox News Digital that investigators had already arrived by 7:30 a.m. There were at least two unmarked law enforcement vehicles at the scene as police from Washington State University, Moscow, Idaho, and other agencies were executing the warrant.

Bill Thompson, the Latah County prosecutor, was also seen outside the apartment alongside investigators, gearing up with protective booties before heading into the crime scene.

He left clues on purpose? Says who?
Just an opinion, but I think this was an experiment as in "I can get away with it. I'm smarter than LE, FBI." If he left clues, it was unintentional.

What did he not think about?
The vehicle.
He apparently didn't think that he lived in Pullman just 15 m away would implicate him.
He apparently forgot cameras too.

3 am is the choice time to make a swat arrest as most people are home, asleep, and are caught off guard before they can reach for a weapon.

Maybe he told someone and was turned in?

@Normancita to answer your question from last thread, I searched Kaylee's followers. Yes, there are about 8 BK profiles, some are new and trolls... I think the one following KG might be legit - it says he's a student and food lover and has his email!
If it was me, I would have unfollowed them.

I kinda think account could be fake. His email was posted on another site.

I agree. He was found by the car trace he left. The moment LE got him as far as Troy 2 weeks ago, no news were let out, so LE were onto something. Well done to them!

But killing 4 people as a PhD research? That is something new in the criminal psychology, he may become as a part of research himself as an object, for all horrible reasons.
I don’t think he killed as a research project- that’s backwards. IMO, someone like this was always fascinated with killing, so he studied Criminology as a way to legitimize the fascination with it. I think he fantasized about planning the Perfect Murder, and he wanted it to be sensational because he wanted to hear people talking/ worrying/ sleuthing about it, thinking he was so smart and superior. He didn’t want to kill from studying killers; he wanted to be a killer, so he studied killers.

wow. whoever picked up on that car in the first place is a hero here. Details...what an idiot...busted over getting gas just like Ted Bundy.
If they tracked the car indeed from that footage, then that person is a hero. That footage was about to be deleted if not for them and then we'd be screwed and had another Delphi. Thank God this guy is a complete idiot, as well.

When Kohberger was arrested, he “asked if anyone else was arrested,”

What does that mean? It's scary to think there might be someone else involved.

I turned on CNN and saw a thumbnail in the corner of the screen stating that there had been an arrest. That it happened in Pennsylvania explains why it took so long.

Of course, he hasn't been convicted yet, but I'm so glad they finally caught someone.

Can someone remind me how they came up with the white Elantra to begin with? Witness, surveillance video, or what?

Once they had that, I'm sure they identified a white Elantra from a grad student at WSU, then realized he was no longer in Pullman and began searching. After locating, they surveilled him while waiting for DNA or prints to come back.
Video taken from (I think) a gasoline station.

Didn’t the police say they believed the owner of the white Elantra had important details to the case? Pair that with Brian supposedly asking the police if they’ve arrested anyone else makes me a little uneasy..
Just to add to my other post, the original press statement from LE said “Investigators believe the occupant(s) of this vehicle may have critical information to share regarding this case.”

So they’ve acknowledged it’s possible there was someone else in the car.. JS. Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90