ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct - I had misinformation at that point. So he arrived in August or thereabouts and committed a quadruple homicide 3 months later.

I wonder if this is his first time really living away from home, being solo, having the actual opportunity. So reminiscent of Attias and Rodger at UCSB. The stories I'm hearing about KB's youth are chilling, really. Moderately red flags, but so many young people fall into the same category.

Where did he get his Master's in criminology? I thought DeSales didn't have such a degree. Is that confirmed and if so, where, please?
From the link in OP's quoted post:

Before coming to WSU, Kohberger graduated from DeSales University in 2020 with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. In the spring of 2022, he received his masters of arts in criminal justice also from DeSales, a private Catholic University in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, according to the university’s website.

[..]

While working on his master’s degree, Kohberger researched how emotions and psychological traits influence decision-making when committing a crime, according to a research survey posted online through the university.

The killings “left a mark on our university, our community and our state,” University of Idaho President C. Scott Green said. But the school never lost faith the case would be solved, he said.

Kohberger has no significant criminal history in Washington or Idaho. He received an Idaho citation for not wearing his seatbelt in August.

Last edited:

View attachment 391064
''He faces four state first-degree murder charges and a burglary charge, the Latah County, Idaho, prosecutor said at a news conference. Pennsylvania State Police confirmed to the Statesman earlier Friday that Kohberger was taken into custody on a “fugitive from justice warrant” in connection with the homicides early Friday at a home in Chestnuthill Township in Monroe County, Pennsylvania.''

''A screenshot of Washington State University's website which showed Bryan Kohberger listed as a graduate student. Washington State University Kohberger was scheduled to appear in court at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday for an extradition hearing.''

''Kohberger, whom a Pennsylvania court record said is of nearby Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, is awaiting extradition from the Monroe County Correctional Facility.''

So is he an incel or a bully can he be both ? Do the labels even matter ? Guess I missed the link to the bullying , and the links supporting your comment.
Here's one easy google find on his becoming aggressive.

Recalling how their friendship soured, Mcloughlin added: 'He always wanted to fight somebody, he was bullying people. We started cutting him off from our friend group because he was 100 percent a different person.'

Last edited:
I had to duck out for a bit so don’t know if this has been posted.
The info about a 2015 Elantra comes from an official update on the Moscow PD FB page:

View attachment 391054
2015 Elantra seized. Interesting. Could explain the reason why friends and family might not have submitted tips, “if” that is the case, especially anyone not wanting to believe the arrested individual was actually capable of
such a horrific crime.

The other victim Travis Juetten was vegan … I wonder if they ever crossed paths in the digital world or in a shop etc

As for the lady Sandra Ladd , my theory to link them was one of her family had crossed paths with the killer and

I’m sure the two 13thcases are linked
That is a sad case. I, like everyone else, only know of his dietary requests regarding what his aunt said. We don't know other details, obviously. Are you speculating that BK killed TJ?

The press conference went the way most always go, at least in the immediate aftermath of an arrest in a high-profile case. The main reason for these type press conferences, imo, is to answer a few basic questions, but mainly to allow the leaders in LE and the prosecution to have positive moments before the cameras. We're in the stage now where these leaders will make numerous appearances on major network news sources (and in print), where they will reveal no key details of the crime/investigation, but will garner national attention, boosting their careers and future prospects. This is not me offering a cynical take; it is the reality of our here and now - the symbiotic relationship between mass media's reach and the need/desire for LE in major cases to make huge progress in their own careers. This is the cusp of 2023.
Respectfully, your take on LE is quite cynical & one-sided. Perhaps press conferences are held because we live in a society where public servants like LE are accountable to the public?

The media frequently get treated like pariahs as well but until we have a better way of holding the government accountable, we are fortunate to have the media (even though they are by no means just bystanders & have profits at stake).

If & when press conferences stop being routine, we will look back on the days when public accountability was the norm and wish those we pay to protect us & those who pursue the public's right to know were still actively trying to protect our U.S. Constitutional rights. No matter how imperfect both institutions may be, their roles real far beyond self-aggrandizement.

JMHO

"Kohberger completed his graduate studies in criminal justice this year at DeSales University, in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, where students told The Daily Beast he took classes with Prof. Ramsland, whose courses included “Psychology of Death Investigations.” Ramsland declined to comment when reached by The Daily Beast Friday.

A former classmate at DeSales, who asked not to be named, said they got into a disagreement with Kohberger during an introductory biology class group project. While they didn’t remember the conversation, they recalled Kohberger as “very intelligent” and “well spoken” but “seemingly detached.”

“He was very leveled and somewhat imposing. There wasn’t much emotion displayed by him,” the classmate said, adding that he remembers Kohberger’s “intense stare.”

“He took care with how he spoke,” the person said.

In a since-removed post on Reddit from seven months ago, Kohberger asked ex-cons to participate in a DeSales research project that sought to “understand how emotions and psychological traits influence decision-making when committing a crime.”

The research project, which has since been taken offline, asked participants questions like how they approached their victim or target, how they prepared for the crime, how they traveled to and entered the location of the crime, and “Did you struggle with or fight the victim?”

In a statement to The Daily Beast, DeSales confirmed Kohberger received a bachelor’s degree in 2020 and completed his graduate studies in June 2022. “As a Catholic, Salesian community, we are devastated by this senseless tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims' families during this difficult time,” a spokesperson said.

Northampton Community College in Albrightsville confirmed to The Daily Beast that Kohberger graduated in 2018 as a psychology major. He was also employed as a part-time school security officer by the Pleasant Valley School District for several years until last year."

‘Detached’ Suspect in Idaho Murders Studied Under Famed Criminologist

Guys, his actual neighbors in PA are now reporting that they actively followed the murders. His next door neighbor literally calls her husband over and says, "Guess what, Ralph! They arrested Bryan for those college murders in Idaho".

yes but we don't know what , if anything , he told his parents/family in PA.

for example, I just learned that the reporter ( & Coffindaffer) was correct. It was a 2015 Elantra ( not the 2011-2013 model)
After 3 weeks of hearing appeals for a 2011-2013 Elantra even the neighbours might have thought ' oh well it can't be Bryan then'
Ditto BK may have mentioned that to his parents if they'd asked and said ' Phew!"

Last edited:
Yeah I paused for a second when I heard that. @Alethea please could you give your take on this for us?.
I feel like in the past couple of years LE has developed this weird tic where they do not want to say they are sure they 1) solved the crime, 2) have the only person responsible in custody, and 3) are confident no one else is involved. I think they want to show the world (*cough* and the defense) that they did NOT have blinders on and they explored every lead that came in.

The same semi-weird statement was made in Delphi too. I think it's just semantics. In this case, they believe they have probable cause that the person arrested committed the crimes alleged and only that person was arrested. Maybe they think they can use additional charges to try to force people to cooperate if they think other people assisted or knew or should have known? Maybe they just don't want to be seen to be closing the door too early?

I do think in cases as national and prominent as this one (and Delphi), LE would aim to arrest everyone involved at the same time. You would not want to tip one person off by only arresting someone else.

I think the theory is that BK is the sole killer and the state believes they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Whether they can is of course to be seen!

The press conference went the way most always go, at least in the immediate aftermath of an arrest in a high-profile case. The main reason for these type press conferences, imo, is to answer a few basic questions, but mainly to allow the leaders in LE and the prosecution to have positive moments before the cameras. We're in the stage now where these leaders will make numerous appearances on major network news sources (and in print), where they will reveal no key details of the crime/investigation, but will garner national attention, boosting their careers and future prospects. This is not me offering a cynical take; it is the reality of our here and now - the symbiotic relationship between mass media's reach and the need/desire for LE in major cases to make huge progress in their own careers. This is the cusp of 2023.
Respectfully, your take on LE is quite cynical & one-sided. Perhaps press conferences are held because we live in a society where public servants like LE are accountable to the public?

The media frequently get treated like pariahs as well but until we have a better way of holding the government accountable, we are fortunate to have the media (even though they are by no means just bystanders & have profits at stake).

If & when press conferences stop being routine, we will look back on the days when public accountability was the norm and wish those we pay to protect us & those who pursue the public's right to know were still actively protecting our U.S. Constitutional rights by doing so. No matter how imperfect both institutions may be, their roles go far beyond self-aggrandizement.

JMHO

That they have the person in Custody who committed the crimes? Why would they not say that?
"We have a suspect in custody who we believe murdered these four students, but the investigation is still ongoing" - Is an example of the wording they would normally use.

Has this been posted? (Probably a repeat but the thread has been moving so quickly....)

In Washington State University’s fall course catalog, Kohberger also is listed as an assistant instructor for three undergraduate criminal justice courses led by professor John Snyder, the department’s criminal justice club adviser and global director. The three courses finished on Dec. 9, according to the online course catalog. Reached on his cellphone Friday, Snyder declined to comment and directed an Idaho Statesman reporter to the university. The university released a statement thanking law enforcement and expressing sympathies to people affected by the killings, but did not comment on Kohberger himself beyond confirming his enrollment. WSU did not say whether Kohberger was employed by the university and lived in university housing.

Read more at: https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/state/article270603182.html#storylink=cpy

I’ve followed cases since I was a child, as I’ve always been obsessed with crime. I couldn’t commit the perfect murder, at least anything on the level of this. DNA and cameras are just too much to overcome in many cases.

These morons always think they’re smart enough to get away with it, but it just isn’t that easy.
Brendt Christiansen was another truly egotistical PHD student who seemed to think he could murder with impunity, out foxing police and the FBI. And Bundy went to law school for a while. Pretty incredible that with brains they couldn’t find some sort of adaptive outlet for their violence….spontaneous or planned.

My 5p take on the "survey" was that it read as oddly amateurish and poorly-constructed for generating useful qualitative content. I'm a bit surprised that something like it would be approved for post-graduate release and am not sure how it would have passed required ethics boards or been deployed within subject populations (source: I research, teach and supervise at an R15 uni).
I was coming here to comment on this, but what I saw of the survey also really surprised me that it was graduate level work. I didn't do research in this field, but I do have a master's degree and have conducted surveys for research. It seemed poorly designed at a very basic level. Beyond the fact he was gathering self-reported material from anonymous people online (how could he even vet that the responders were genuine), the questions are very broad, the topic seems vague and broad, and there doesn't seem to be a clear connection between the stated purpose and many of the questions. All those open-ended questions would also be a nightmare to try to work with in my experience.

some killers don't get caught until they get caught...thats why often there are other victims waiting to be matched to a killer.just because you didn't get caught and have no criminal history is no feather in your cap.

well now he's caught and it's not a seatbelt ticket. mOO

Someone mentioned earlier that the charge stems from breaking into a place to commit some other crime than actual burglary.

It’s a way to charge that starts at the beginning. Felony burglary, entering a place with the intent to commit any felony.​

2016 Idaho Statutes
Title 18 - CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
Chapter 14 - BURGLARY
Section 18-1401 - BURGLARY DEFINED.​

Universal Citation: ID Code § 18-1401 (2016)

18-1401. Burglary defined. Every person who enters any house, room, apartment, tenement, shop, warehouse, store, mill, barn, stable, outhouse, or other building, tent, vessel, vehicle, trailer, airplane or railroad car, with intent to commit any theft or any felony, is guilty of burglary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mccrhodes