ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blue area is the serrated edge. The yellow area is all a sharp edge. So it is kinda both I guess so it can be confusing.
Not to mince words too much, but you're correct on the the serrated edge, but the sharp edge along the spine (top side) of the blade stops a little more than 2" from the tip of the blade. The full spine is roughly .165" thick and is flat.

i don't get this either. LE says that ONE person was reported "unconscious" on the 2nd floor, but there were 2 bodies on 2nd floor (and according to E's parents in the same room). if the doors were locked, how was it determined that only 1 person was passed out? my theory is that LE is so secretive about the 911 call/caller, because whoever called described something only a suspect would know
Is it possible the survivors didn't know Ethan had spent the night? Jmo

I agree. It upsets me to see people judging the phone call. These are young folks who just woke up to the most horrific experience of their lives. No one knows how they'd react in that situation. No one knows what the brain does to protect itself. Not wanting to believe what they were seeing. Not being sure of what they were seeing.
I keep thinking this goes back to someone who knew them for awhile, had a grudge against one or all of them and something happened which made the grudge turn to rage.

For some reason I can not link this article from the Argonaut. It is from 2016 but there is a camera in the Corner Club. It is next to the tv in the following attachments. Hopefully they were recording and I assume the police have the recordings. Hopefully in todaus presser someone ask about this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122-104154_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122-104154_Chrome.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 37
Is it possible the survivors didn't know Ethan had spent the night? Jmo
Yes. Everyone has it like E was laying in the hall or otherwise visible. I tend to think the killer would have attacked E first, if the killer knew he was there. So I think E was likely either in bed or on the floor, maybe not as visible, and X was the one they could see, because she had tried to flee out the bedroom door and was killed there. JMO.

I agree, I think the 911 call has too many details that LE doesn't want out. At this point, only those who were at the house that morning with the roommates (who went upstairs), LE, and the killer know exactly how things were left.
It could be that one person was hiding the other. If a larger person was laying closer to the person and the smaller may have been hidden in a quick glance like children sneaking out and putting pillows. Also could have just been a quick glance saw one person and didn't want to see more. Also sure law enforcement is looking to keep things under wraps as well.

Maybe size of knife determined from autopsy or marks on skin from scabs identifies the knife more precisely? Does the military knife have a wider or thicker blade from the ones on the market? The FBI would be very aware of where one could purchase these knives so I feel it’s got something about it that precisely identifies the model which may lead to military - hence they check ROTC - who has access, any knife missing from inventory?
These aren't general issued weapons, there's no "inventory" with this like there are with rifles. Spent 5 years in the Marine Corps. The two Ka-bars I have were just purchased on my own.

The longer this goes the use of a knife seems to be really telling. This area of the US has a lot of hunters and people with guns so why would he choose a knife? One stat indicates ID is #4 for gun ownership in the United States. *

Use of a knife over a gun can be significant. It's slower, more physical and more personal. It's also quieter in theory but not if something goes wrong or someone hears something. It can be more easily dropped in a scuffle especially if slippery with blood. he waited until they were in bed (how did he know that though?). Being in bed is more vulnerable but with so many people in the house it speaks to confidence and/or recklessness.

This crime would likely require brute strength, some sort of stealth knowledge. Due to the strength and total callousness I would guess older than college age. Likely a person who has killed before since killing like this would be seriously shocking if it was the first time. And he didn't stop at 1 or 2 victims but just kept going. IMO likely someone with either military or private militia background (also big in NW US). Would almost certainly have to be a hunter. Significant anti social tendencies. Potential for delusional thinking.

One fear I would have is that he is sticking around in the area to keep tabs on the mayhem. Perhaps going out to a place in the wilderness , cabin or hunting spot.

It seems like the Mad Greek restaraunt could be significant since both K and M worked there. Maybe this person ate there and developed a fixation on one or both girls. Servers have to talk to people and be friendly to some extent.

I would want to ask anyone in that area of the restaraunt , or any place across from it, if they saw someone ho was a bit creepy or off putting or who the girls made an offhand comment about. Maybe someone who didn't stick out like a sore thumb but also didn't fit in. Would want to know what is across the street as he would likely be watching them to learn their movements. I would want to know if there was someone who used to hang around who isn't there now.

Ultimately this is a very scary case and I would not be going back there if I was from U of I.

*Gun Ownership by State 2022
Nice well thought out post, redcedar.

Who has a good theory on who the perpetrator is? Charicteristically speaking, no specific person.
I am wondering if it was a service provider: cable guy, plumber, electrician, mail, meter reader, trash-someone that comes to the house sporadically or intermittently. Perhaps somebody who recently performed service within the house (fixed the washer/dryer) who turned out to be somebody the young women didn’t like and they reported it and this person lost their job.

Toxicology may also show that they had other substances in their system as well (alcohol or otherwise), perhaps also causing little resistance or making people less likely to wake up. And no judgement here (many of us had our share of fun in college, too). I slept through a fire alarm and a power transformer explosion in college- a few drinks and a late bedtime used to really knock me out.
I agree and believe there is likely other (than alcohol) drugs in their system - Am I the only person who noticed the girls were vaping at the food truck? At least one of them was - it's been a while since I watched the video.

For some reason I can not link this article from the Argonaut. It is from 2016 but there is a camera in the Corner Club. It is next to the tv in the following attachments. Hopefully they were recording and I assume the police have the recordings. Hopefully in todaus presser someone ask about this.
This is a zoom in view of the camera from the article I screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122-103444_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122-103444_Google.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 35
Someone who may have worn a uniform or coveralls-painter, contractor yard person

Does anyone on here remember the posts of the victims' Venmos early on? I don't have Venmo, so can't see their accounts, but I remember someone posting screenshots. If any of you can see their Venmos, can you send me a message? I have a question. Thanks!

This might have been mentioned. Still trying to catch up. My daughter and I were talking about a theory this morning. I am not sure if she read it somewhere or how it came about. But, are there any facts that would cancel out this theory…The roommates are in their rooms as we understand. The four are killed and the killer locks each of the bedroom doors as he exits the bedrooms and leaves. The remaining roommates get up and after a while wonder why the others aren’t up. Knocks on door, tries door, but nobody waking. Calls friend(s) to try to unlock door with those little toothpick size tools that can unlock of doors. Can’t get it to work, so with the assumption of the roommates being unconscious they call 911 for an unconscious person.

LE may have asked for footage from people and canvassed the area. Then, after reviewing all the tapes, they may have targeted areas where they asked for more footage in case someone had cameras they had missed or were unaware of. I have camera’s around the outside of my home and they are registered with LE. If something happens in my neighborhood, it lets then know there are cameras at my location. It can speed up the process of viewing footage.
I didn’t know that was an option.

I’m doing a little research on this. I know the coroner stated the possible presence of blood on the exterior of the house would have been consistent with her findings on-scene inside of the house but I am not taking her word for it as she isn’t that credible IMO and she also didn’t examine the supposed blood she was asked about.

I’m not saying it’s not blood, just that I personally need more concrete evidence for my own verification.
Fair point and I'm with you a bit on the coroner, however I'm not sure what else it could be. Seems to have the same drip pattern as blood and is in a location that is consistent with where LE has said victims were found. I think someone mentioned the way heating oil would drip or leak it couldn't be that so that doesn't leave many other choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelenFlower1