ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
(modsnip)

It seems when when a case has so little to go on, everyone involved gets thrown under the bus at some point. Some seem to fit there better than others. While IR's social skills seem severely lacking, he may be clever as a fox.

I don't want to rule anything out just yet. It's such a mess of info.

I think all of us would really be so happy no one would think about a gloat moment. Praying there is a resolution too.

We'll definitely appreciate the truth finally coming to light. As for the gloating I was just inserting a little dark humor here amongst all our frustration.

:banghead:

It seems when when a case has so little to go on, everyone involved gets thrown under the bus at some point. Some seem to fit there better than others. While IR's social skills seem severely lacking, he may be clever as a fox.

I don't want to rule anything out just yet. It's such a mess of info.
Yeah that's true at least everyone gets thown under the bus at least once or twice.
Itd make sense if he was responsible and I'm not saying I'm totally against the idea. Its just where would DeOrr be then? Maybe its so obvious no one ever thought to look. Idk it'd just mean he has to be there somewhere then.

We'll definitely appreciate the truth finally coming to light. As for the gloating I was just inserting a little dark humor here amongst all our frustration.

:banghead:
For sure!!!! I don't care if I'm right or wrong ...this is just driving me nuts because he had to of gone some where! Even if the parents did do something he still has to be some where. I know I'm gonna be thankful to know answers.

In the last day or two, a poster asked about trails in the area. Sorry I don't remember who.

I have also been curious about that, mainly because I wondered where that road that runs along the east side of the reservoir went to.

Below is a Forest Service Motorized Vehicle User Map. It shows what kinds of vehicles are allowed on different trails.

You can find the legends on the upper left and right.

The road on the east side of the reservoir goes at least 3 1/2 miles into the mountains, it can be driven on by any kind of vehicle. I read a mountain climbing blog where the blogger drove this road on the first leg of a trip to climb a mountain peak.

When you find the campground, you will see dotted lines going in a loop, from the campground and back again. This type of dotted lines indicates "for motorcycle use only." It looks like it would be a total of about 12 miles from the campground and back again.

So......what? Nothing, maybe. But I thought it was interesting.

ETA: I would be surprised if searchers haven't searched along many of those trails.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprd3831915.pdf

I don't believe the baby could be in the reservoir unless he was placed there. I don't think he would have gone over the embankment and then walked along the creek all the way to the reservoir before going into the water. That makes no sense to me. If he was going to swim he would have gone right for the creek, which was the last place he was seen headed.

I think they need to search it all again.
I hope they do.

I was actually thinking of damming or diverting the water from the reservoir to dry out the creek for better searching.

I, too, have wondered where the creek water all goes....

I thought I remembered reading that the creek eventually flowed into the Salmon River. Wait a sec...

Ok, here it is :

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ground-10-July-2015-5&p=11969132#post11969132

Originally posted by ClaireNC:
Here are some maps to show the flow of the creek into the river. I followed it along on Google maps. The Timber Creek, flows into Big Timber Creek, which flows into the Lemhi River and onto the Salmon River. The points on this map show the Campground, where the Creek meets the Lemhi River and where the Lemhi River turns into the Salmon River. It's roughly 60 miles from the Creek to the Salmon.

Here is the Google Maps version. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Timb...1084!3e0?hl=en

I was actually thinking of damming or diverting the water from the reservoir to dry out the creek for better searching.

I, too, have wondered where the creek water all goes....

Stone Reservoir is on the Middle Fork of Little Timber Creek. I'm not sure if it's man-made or if something dammed it up, like beavers, or if there is just a natural depression there? I looked at the Idaho Fish & Game website and it is not stocked with fish, so it must have water in it year round or the fish would die (although wouldn't it freeze in the winter? I don't know about the fish then...). Anyway, the MF of Little Timber Creek flows into the reservoir (near the southern end) and then exits from the northern end of the reservoir. After it leaves the reservoir, it meets up with the North Fork of Little Timber Creek to form Little Timber Creek. Little Timber Creek then dumps into Big Timber Creek which eventually flows into the Lemhi River (northwest of Leadore).

That's an interesting idea to stop the flow as it leaves the reservoir so that the creek would dry up. If there is room in the reservoir, it seems plausible that this could be done. It would dry up about a mile section of the creek from the reservoir to where it joins with the North Fork (which includes the area where Deorr would have entered the creek).

There must be highway cameras? Road cameras.. something.. I wonder if their vehicle was seen on camera? As a matter of fact, i wonder If the creep in the jeep was seen on a highway camera? MOO

I know - I wonder that too. Wouldn't the FBI have looked for any and all cameras along their route?

Stone Reservoir is on the Middle Fork of Little Timber Creek. I'm not sure if it's man-made or if something dammed it up, like beavers, or if there is just a natural depression there? I looked at the Idaho Fish & Game website and it is not stocked with fish, so it must have water in it year round or the fish would die (although wouldn't it freeze in the winter? I don't know about the fish then...). Anyway, the MF of Little Timber Creek flows into the reservoir (near the southern end) and then exits from the northern end of the reservoir. After it leaves the reservoir, it meets up with the North Fork of Little Timber Creek to form Little Timber Creek. Little Timber Creek then dumps into Big Timber Creek which eventually flows into the Lemhi River (northwest of Leadore).

That's an interesting idea to stop the flow as it leaves the reservoir so that the creek would dry up. If there is room in the reservoir, it seems plausible that this could be done. It would dry up about a mile section of the creek from the reservoir to where it joins with the North Fork (which includes the area where Deorr would have entered the creek).

I bet it would dry up pretty quickly (except for very deep holes)....I wonder if LE has thought of this?

I just emailed the Sheriff with my suggestion/question (about draining the creekbed)....Will report back if he responds.

Why are there no searches tor DeOrr? They searched maybe two weeks in the beginning.

Where I live people put up posters and search forever for a missing pet.

Waiting for a FBI report?

I realize this is a vast area but absolutely no excuses when a precious child is missing.

One group did raise money to search only yo have it called off by the sheriff.

Why?

Its ok to search . Public funds are
used to maintain our parks.

Why is nobody looking for the child?

I bet it would dry up pretty quickly (except for very deep holes)....I wonder if LE has thought of this?

Mulling this over I can think of issues like increased fire hazard, water for critters, irrigation perhaps? Flooding perhaps on the Rez side causing danger to other campers. I know that I read there was a boat dock. Maybe it was discussed and ruled out. Cost might be prohibitive for that small county, they might have to consult with experts of sorts....although from a lay persons view it does not seem complicated. I don't know Mickshawn. I also keep going to the fact the Sheriff thinks the water searches are completed as well as they can be. IDK if he would rexplore this idea. I hope it's at least searched again and even farther. Water has its way of moving things you don't think it can. JMO

:seeya: New thread coming. I'm going to move over some posts, so hang on.

I'll be back in a minute with the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member