ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this PI stuff is making my brain hurt... Back to DeOrr for a moment. Maybe I'm just not "in the loop" or am missing things on social media (very likely), but it seems to me that DeOrr's parents have been very silent ever since the new PI contract was signed. Am I the only one noticing that? Also, do we know who exactly signed the contract with Klein? I may have missed that as well...
I think that's why we started asking about client privileges in the first place. Trying to figure out who is behind the checks will help us figure out a lot of things.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Here's a question: which laws apply in the case of this contract, the laws of the state of Texas, or the state of Idaho?

LOL of course this law firm wouldn't allow me to copy their direct quote so I'll paraphrase. they claim the contract is usually governed and enforced by the State in which the contract was signed. So what if one party signed in Idaho, mailed or couriered the contract back to Texas where it was signed on behalf of the firm? I would guess Texas if that were the case as it was finalized there, but who knows lol.

ETA Link - http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/business-contracts

I think that's why we started asking about client privileges in the first place. Trying to figure out who is behind the checks will help us figure out a lot of things.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

This is all that been in msm: "Klein Investigations said it agreed to take on the case after a full review and visiting with two members of the family."

We know there's a website soliciting donations and they've collected a small amount of the total. We don't know who signed the contract.

LOL of course this law firm wouldn't allow me to copy their direct quote so I'll paraphrase. they claim the contract is usually governed and enforced by the State in which the contract was signed. So what if one party signed in Idaho, mailed or couriered the contract back to Texas where it was signed on behalf of the firm? I would guess Texas if that were the case as it was finalized there, but who knows lol.

ETA Link - http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/business-contracts

The contract is drawn up by the PI and signed by the PI, and then the terms are accepted (or not) by the client/customer which means, IMO, that the contract was executed in the state where the client signed.

Here's a question: which laws apply in the case of this contract, the laws of the state of Texas, or the state of Idaho?

That would be the state the PI is working in. Always follow the local laws.. It does no good to tell the police, well the laws are this way in my state now does it.

I am so sad that a 2-year-old boy is missing, we've moved no closer to finding him and we are reduced to discussing PIs. I really do hate this case.

I am so sad that a 2-year-old boy is missing, we've moved no closer to finding him and we are reduced to discussing PIs. I really do hate this case.

I just think we might never know how or why he disapeared there have been cases like this where they have been found in a place no-one knows how they got there

I know for most of us, we just don't want to see little DeOrr's thread become dormant so we bump it now and then or discuss and learn something new. It's just another way of keeping DeOrr in our thoughts and prayers.

It would be nice to believe a private investigator would be ethical enough to report information that would solve a murder or missing person case. I'm just not sure that would happen or how it would work. Would a client be obligated to pay for the investigation that landed him in prison, for instance? Would the private investigator be able to get clients in the future if those are his results? Doesn't it seem like the client, who is paying for the product, would be the one who was at liberty to disclose the information?

Sorry to just jump in here. I have been reading about this poor baby since day one.

I just feel the need to say that if the party who was hiring the pi had done something illegal to whatever the pi was searching for, the party would not hire a pi in the first place. They would be stupid to hire someone to investigate something the party didn't want known.

Lets face it , DeOrr is now a cold case and with winter setting in it will become even colder.

The best thing to do is wait for spring , that is the best time to do another search , the snow and ice will have flattened down the grass and leaves and forest debris.

In spring conditions there is a window of opportunity from when the snow melts and before grass grows or leaves and foliage emerge

Items like cowboy boots , clothing , or remains , are much easier to spot than any other time of the year.

I think an update from LE on this case is way overdue. Even if it's just to say the case is cold (which I'm not convinced it necessarily is). They are paid with our tax dollars. Obviously they can't say anything that might jeopardize their investigation, but it's my opinion that they owe the public some sort of update. It's been almost 5 months and a 2-year-old is still missing.

Lets face it , DeOrr is now a cold case and with winter setting in it will become even colder.

The best thing to do is wait for spring , that is the best time to do another search , the snow and ice will have flattened down the grass and leaves and forest debris.

In spring conditions there is a window of opportunity from when the snow melts and before grass grows or leaves and foliage emerge

Items like cowboy boots , clothing , or remains , are much easier to spot than any other time of the year.

IF he's there. IF. Or, he could be in a shallow grave at the camp site, in which case, items may not be easily visible, and some other form of technology would have to be used. But if he was indeed abducted . . . or something else occurred . .. time is of the essence.

I just feel the need to say that if the party who was hiring the pi had done something illegal to whatever the pi was searching for, the party would not hire a pi in the first place. They would be stupid to hire someone to investigate something the party didn't want known.

We don't *know* who signed the contract. And whoever signed the contract may not even have been there. Perhaps it was family, and not the parents. It seems "unlikely" that GGP signed the contract, even if he is family.

We don't *know* who signed the contract. And whoever signed the contract may not even have been there. Perhaps it was family, and not the parents. It seems "unlikely" that GGP signed the contract, even if he is family.

Am I imagining it, but I thought I read that DK and JM signed the contract. I'm not on SM so I didn't read it there. Does anyone else recall that?

IF he's there. IF. Or, he could be in a shallow grave at the camp site, in which case, items may not be easily visible, and some other form of technology would have to be used. But if he was indeed abducted . . . or something else occurred . .. time is of the essence.
Yes, time is of the essence!

Sorry for the off-topic, but if anyone's been following the case of missing 2 year old Malik Drummond, who has been missing since last November after supposedly wandering out of his house, his father has just confessed to his murder :(

Sorry for the off-topic, but if anyone's been following the case of missing 2 year old Malik Drummond, who has been missing since last November after supposedly wandering out of his house, his father has just confessed to his murder :(
Maybe this could bring a break in DeOrr's Case. May all that is sweet, and pure, and lovely be withheld from anyone who withholds the truth about this child's disappearance until he is found him and brought home.

I think an update from LE on this case is way overdue. Even if it's just to say the case is cold (which I'm not convinced it necessarily is). They are paid with our tax dollars. Obviously they can't say anything that might jeopardize their investigation, but it's my opinion that they owe the public some sort of update. It's been almost 5 months and a 2-year-old is still missing.

I think it can be risky for LE to give information to the public during an investigation when that info could jeopardize the investigation in any way. It is very hard, as an emotionally (and mildly financially-invested) member of the public to be patient and my heart absolutely breaks for the extended family members. But LE/FBI want to get it right. They can't say everything they know right now. But IMO, JMO I am hoping they will very, very soon. We just have to hold tight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member