ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But the Sheriff has emphatically stated that the parents know what happened and where he is now. I think most of us tend to have faith in the police when they make statements so strongly, it's not like they just made a vague insinuation. I think they have more to go on than a few iffy polygraphs.

And it is especially strong when it is coming from a Sheriff that it so calm, careful and restrained that instead of shooting dead a perp pointing a rifle at him, he shoots the gun out his hands (sure, it was luck) and then tasers him.

This is a man that will not do or say anything without being 110% sure. IMO.

True. But the Sheriff has emphatically stated that the parents know what happened and where he is now. I think most of us tend to have faith in the police when they make statements so strongly, it's not like they just made a vague insinuation. I think they have more to go on than a few iffy polygraphs.

I agree SB has gone above and beyond on this case. I'm in no way saying LE doesn't have evidence, I'm saying we don't "know" what all the evidence and information points to. Iffy polygraphs and being named suspects does not prove guilt.

I respect how SB has handled this case. I believe that when & if charges are filed, he will have everything needed to prove the case. I personally will withhold judgement until LE makes an arrest and Lemhi prosecutors obtain a conviction.

Or truth drugs. Or that it was in the UK where they'd have been arrested on suspicion of murder ages ago and had a load of pressure put on them already.

Do you think drugs would work on them?? I highly doubt it.

During the polygraph, would they have asked the parents if they harmed or caused/allowed harm to come to him? I'm not sure what kinds of questions they're asked ... but the answer to that question might be helpful in the direction the case eventually takes even if it isn't admissable.

If the prosecutor doesn't feel the evidence is sufficient, the case will never go to trial -- no matter how strongly LE feels about it -- because the judge will just dismiss it if it does. There are plenty of cases that aren't prosecuted for that reason (and lots of guilty people who aren't punished). Hopefully, that won't end up being the case here.

No, they don't need a cause of death for a murder conviction. For example, toddler Aveion Lewis' mother and stepfather were found guilty of 2nd degree murder even though no cause of death could be determined from his remains.

they don't need that to press murder charges against his stepfather, Brandon Lockett, and his mother, Morgan Lockett, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Sandra Workman said.

"The cause of death ultimately is for the jury to decide," Workman said. "We don't intend to invade the province of the jury by saying that Aveion died of X."

http://m.roanoke.com/webmin/news/ye...a3c-f5ac-59df-9b93-19e8ddf2a3ec.html?mode=jqm

The mother and stepfather both blamed each other for the child's death. They were sentenced to 40 and 50 years in prison. Which one killed him? How did he die? No one knows to this day.

No, they don't need a cause of death for a murder conviction. For example, toddler Aveion Lewis' mother and stepfather were found guilty of 2nd degree murder even though no cause of death could be determined from his remains.

http://m.roanoke.com/webmin/news/ye...a3c-f5ac-59df-9b93-19e8ddf2a3ec.html?mode=jqm

The mother and stepfather both blamed each other for the child's death. They were sentenced to 40 and 50 years in prison. Which one killed him? How did he die? No one knows to this day.

Just out of interest, Rayemonde, do you know why they got different sentences? Shoulda got the same if the judge really didn't know who did it.

They do, however, have to prove it was indeed murder and not accidental.

Is this directed at me? I am not one of the parents, nor a family member. I have no connection to them in any way. I just happen to live in Idaho and spent most of my career living & working in Idaho Falls. I moved away after I retired.

Because of my line of work I know quite a bit about the law and how the judicial system in Idaho works. It bothers me when I see misconceptions regarding how the legal system works and try to clear them up. I, too, dislike "idiotic attempts".
Not directed at you! Did I accidentally reply to you instead of the forum? My apologies!

Now what?
Since it isn't a fb rumor I guess it's ok to share... Several people in the family (or someone using their fb profile) have set up a group page on fb for discussion & future fundraising efforts. I feel like I'm dancing around the rules here. How do we formally request a space to discuss SM? It is certainly one of the things LE is monitoring & considering in their investigation.

Since it isn't a fb rumor I guess it's ok to share... Several people in the family (or someone using their fb profile) have set up a group page on fb for discussion & future fundraising efforts. I feel like I'm dancing around the rules here. How do we formally request a space to discuss SM? It is certainly one of the things LE is monitoring & considering in their investigation.

Hmmm... Interesting... Future fundraising? Yeah, right... One would have to be crazy to contribute.

(I guess contact Bessie or Silly Billy about your request. I hope we aren't breaking any rules.)

New statement from Klein. Not sure how to share it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sheriff shot down their last attempt at fund raising by stating they had been elevated to the #1 suspects in their son's disappearance. It would be stupid and cruel to donate any monies to them at this point. Unless it's to pay for a bucket list of things they hope to do before they go to prison. I'd toss in a couple of bucks for that.

Interesting that he specifically included GGP as a suspect/person of interest & that IR is designated as a witness who is cooperating!! Also they believe that his little body will be recovered! I have happy-tears in my eyes at that! He also feels the family is in denial about what has happened. I hope whatever further statements & evidence lead them right to his body & he can get some justice.

East Idaho News now have it on their site: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/02/kunz-private-investigator-issues/

This is pretty damning and possibly one of the big reasons this case is still on-going, IMO.

We want the public to know that we believe through evidence the family members of Kunz, Mitchell and Walton ARE NOT involved – however – we believe they are too close to their family members and are in denial. The evidence is very clear.

Wow....if they are indeed responsible for that little boys death, then I'm blown away by their acting.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wow....if they are indeed responsible for that little boys death, then I'm blown away by their acting.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

No matter how much we'd like the family to have no involvement there comes a time where so many different third party agencies, LE and PI, are singing from the same hymn sheet, you just have to concede.

All I can say is I really hope for their sake's LE do have a lot of evidence because if they don't they will soon find out that living such a horrible lie for the rest of your life will be even worse than telling the truth and spending time in prison. Especially bad if it was an accidental death they chose to cover up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member