ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood your post then. The Klein put it in his "report" he makes it sound as though Bonneville and Lemhi Counties were assisting him with everything, when in actuality they pointed out a few places to run the dog and made a phone call to TBC.

Where all did JMA and VDK go in Leadore, within those 24 hours? Is this right?

1. The Silver Dollar Bar and Restaurant (Thursday)
2. The Stage Stop (that had no diesel?)
3. A different gas station that also did not have diesel?
4. A motel to pre-pay for diesel?
5. Peterson Metal Products (to put red dyed diesel into the truck)

It looks like someone cleaned up the Timber Creek campground.

I am actually completely heartbroken that someone would destroy that beautiful memorial spot that the family created for DeOrr. It sounded like they had permission to build/make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am actually completely heartbroken that someone would destroy that beautiful memorial spot that the family created for DeOrr. It sounded like they had permission to build/make it.

I was surprised, though, that any official would have given them permission to carve his name into the stump and spray paint it blue, or to spray paint on the big permanent rock. As for planting something, I would think that would be okay. Not sure about the other blue rocks that they hauled up there themselves. I see memorials all over the highways for people who have died in car crashes, but I am not sure if those are legal either, and they're probably not legal on federal land.

I hope they can make a lasting memorial somewhere on their private property where the extended family can go to remember baby DeOrr.

Just speculating
I checked a map and I see that Clover Creek Motel is rather close to Snake River in the southeast corner of the state. They are not too far from each other at all. The Snake River also has a wide section that is really almost a lake when looking at the map. I wonder if the boy is near that large body of water and maybe they stayed at the Clover Creek motel in the day before they headed up north.

I had always wondered if they put the child down south and then went up north in the total opposite direction to throw off LE. LE should contact that other motel and go through the reservations to see if 2 people could have been them in the days before boy went missing.

Even if they didn't stay down there south at that motel I still think the boy was never at the Timbercreek campground. I think the whole camping trip was a huge setup. I think IR was fooled by the parents and they took steps to make him see what looked like the boy. Easily done with the car seat and either a doll or blankets to make it look like someone in that truck.

Here are all the reasons why I think the boy was never at Timbercreek.

-the camping trip seemed like a rushed trip. When people go camping there is usually lots of planning to take things and get ready. This trip was rushed. He even allegedly had to call in sick to work and if it would have been planned then he could have just asked for the day off in advance.

-We heard nothing of charcoal, tents, sleeping bags, camping food like hot dogs marshmallows, bug spray, flashlights, ice. Practically any normal camping gear was not brought from what we know.

-See here is the thing. When people go camping they go for fun. So they plan ahead and bring all the normal stuff to have a good time. We heard nothing from them about anything like that. The only person who brought anything like that was the person who was fooled. IR. He managed to bring along his fishing gear and I bet he had to rush to get that since the trip seemed rush planning.

-The Thursday night alleged stop to eat at the other restarant and even drink beer allegedly as we heard about that may have happened. What did they tell IR and others where the boy was when they were in that place eating and drinking a little beer. Probably told them he is in the truck sleeping and would be fine. They all go inside and have a grand old time in there and boy is a big no-show to anyone in the place. Employees would have remember the boy if he was there. And if they did have to go eat at that place Thursday night that proves they brought nothing in the way of supplies to go camping. Most people would have setup camp and eat hot dogs or something around the fire the first night.

-So if we assume the trip was a farce then it makes perfect sense that the very next morning is when the parents would purposely create a scene about a missing boy. All they had to do is start to throw a fit and then everyone believes them because the boy really is missing. He is nowhere to be found.
Of course he is missing. Its just that he was missing a couple days or more before they even got there.

-I really think they thought they could generate funds and make money off of this like in other cases that make national news. I think their plan was they would get tons of money by setting up ******** site and make a bunch of money off of this. But what happened is they did not count on some things that happened.

-For one the case did not initially take off like other major national cases. It took a few days to almost a week before the case started to gain traction. By then some rumors started to happen that got them scared. Very scared. So when they went on that interview about a week later it was mainly to try and convince others they had a lost boy and they were still hoping the case would take off nationally to generate funds. All it accomplished was causing more suspicouns on them and LE started to question things too. The public never did jump on board to throw a bunch of money at them. Especially when they did not want to even put out a reward. That was a big sign that things were not as they tried to make them appear to be.

-Their big mistake was assuming the case would take off nationally and become this huge deal. What people like them fail to realize is that only a select few cases gain the kind of national attention that some gain. And nobody can force that to happen. It happens on its own if its going to happen at all. There is some magic and mystery into why some cases become huge and others not so much. Nobody can force it to happen. There has to be all the right elements of a case and the stars have to align just right and by some special reasons the public and news media take off on certain select few cases. Very few cases this happens on. And people cannot force it to happen. That was their mistake in assuming it would happen for them.

-So once they finally realized it would never happen for them they just wanted to crawl back in their hole and be left alone. But the other mistake they made is not realizing that some caring people will never give up on the BOY. This is about Deorr Jr and nobody else now. The boy will never be forgotten. And those caring people will always try to give him justice. LE and other caring people will work until the boy gets his true story told. He is calling out to everyone to get his true story told.

And that story does not involve walking off on his own with too large of boots on. Nope that is the furthest thing from what really happened to him.

I am confused. I thought that JM and VK met up with IR and GP at the campsite and that although they tried to get some food at the restaurant on their way to the camp ground on Thursday night, the kitchen was closed so they ate from canned good brought on the trip. I also remember that the Sheriff stated that the site looked like they were there for camping (they had the things necessary for camping) which I would assume included food, drinks, cooking and eating utensils, etc. as well as sleeping gear, fishing poles, etc. etc.

From trips on the road, I also thought that dyed diesel was strictly for use in farm equipment and illegal to use in passenger/freight vehicles.

As for Klein stating that the 'evidence' his team collected came from the area of the dumpster where the landlord had deposited items from the rental property after their eviction, it serves a purpose - discarded items left for the trash collector/garbage collection need no warrant to seize. Eviction laws vary but in one particular state with which I am very familiar with eviction laws, one must toss everything that is left in/on the property to the curb as garbage where it is up for grabs for anyone who wants to take it, including the evicted tenant. Inthat state the landlord can not even put the items in a dumpster - they go to the street curb. If the landlord doesn't want the messy look of the evicted person's property strewn about then the landlord can hold the property in place for 30 days and then dispose of it as necessary.

O/T but I once found the forgotten wedding dress, cleaned and boxed, left on the closet shelf of an apartment from which the tenants moved during the middle of the night to avoid paying their late rent or the rent for the remainder of their lease. We worked out a nice deal very early in the morning once the bride realized that her new hubby left her dress behind. LOL He was in soooo much more trouble than he thought.

Just speculating
I checked a map and I see that Clover Creek Motel is rather close to Snake River in the southeast corner of the state. They are not too far from each other at all.

I see they are 113 miles apart, not really that close.

yeah the map made it look a little closer than that but still driveable in about an hour and a half between the two.

Im hoping that one of them finally breaks and turns on the other one for some kind of deal with LE. Or maybe one of them will slip up someday and tell someone who could then turn it over to LE.

yeah the map made it look a little closer than that but still driveable in about an hour and a half between the two.

Im hoping that one of them finally breaks and turns on the other one for some kind of deal with LE. Or maybe one of them will slip up someday and tell someone who could then turn it over to LE.

This could be nothing more than an interesting coincidence or anecdote, but I was prompted to pull up my map when I read these two comments. Interesting how Clover Creek Inn is almost the exact same distance away from Idaho Falls as Leadore is, just opposite directions. Idaho Falls in literally smack dab in the middle. But Snake River runs through Idaho Falls, so not sure where Clover Creek Inn fits in, unless she just made a legitimate mistake.

It is illegal to do the things they did at the campground. It is Fed property and you cannot deface it or plant bushes, period! They are not above the law.

It is illegal to do the things they did at the campground. It is Fed property and you cannot deface it or plant bushes, period! They are not above the law.

Asking out of sheer curiosity - would Official Sources have organised this clearance (or reinstating it back to normal) at the campground ?

Asking out of sheer curiosity - would Official Sources have organised this clearance (or reinstating it back to normal) at the campground ?

the Park Service did it, per Trina.

It seems like they did have permission to make the memorial. However they (the park service people) received a large number of complaints about it from people. So they took it down.

This could be nothing more than an interesting coincidence or anecdote, but I was prompted to pull up my map when I read these two comments. Interesting how Clover Creek Inn is almost the exact same distance away from Idaho Falls as Leadore is, just opposite directions. Idaho Falls in literally smack dab in the middle. But Snake River runs through Idaho Falls, so not sure where Clover Creek Inn fits in, unless she just made a legitimate mistake.

If you map directions on google maps you will see that it is far more than an hour and a half drive between the two. From Idaho Falls to Montpelier is 137miles and depending on the route taken it is 2 hr 6 min to 2 hrs 45 min. From Idaho Falls to Timbercreek campground it is 2 hrs 15 min by quickest route. From Montpelier to Timbercreek is 4 hrs 8 min. Check google maps.

So no it really isn't feasible they went to Montpelier to dispose of baby DeOrr and went back to Leadore. They were in Montpelier in June of 2015, and that is a possible reason JM said the name of the motel in Montpelier.

It seems like they did have permission to make the memorial. However they (the park service people) received a large number of complaints about it from people. So they took it down.

I doubt they had official permission, IMO. Not doubting what you heard, turtlefur, just doubting that they actually contacted the park for permission. My son wanted to do his Eagle project at a local state park and he had to submit a written proposal detailing the size and scope of the project, the materials used, etc.. It had to be approved by the park service. I cannot imagine that it would be easier with a federal park.

Defacing rocks, planting bushes not indigenous to the area (are there wild blueberry bushes in the park?), creating a memorial that goes against the natural setting doesn't seem like something a federal park would authorize. Again, this is just my opinion, but in the state parks I'm familiar with, those activities are forbidden. (Leave no trace principle.)

JMA mentioned on her FB page that a couple of LE were there when they were placing the rocks, etc., and that they never told them (JMA and crew) anything. It did not sound like the LE were park rangers.

If I'm mistaken and they did have permission, that would be very odd, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01