ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t imagine he is still there unless he was killed and buried there, or he was abducted (less likely imo). The creek is so shallow in many spots that even if he did drown in it, his body should have washed up somewhere. The reservoir is upstream from the creek, so if he had fallen into the creek, he would have floated away from the reservoir.

I guess there is a small possibility he got attacked by an animal, but I find that hard to believe because I feel like his oversized boots would have fallen off he was being dragged somewhere. And I just can’t imagine that an animal attack would be so sudden that he never cried out in pain.

They were able to search the creek extremely well, though. It was very, very shallow. Searchers were able to stand in it while searching, and the water wasn’t even to their knees, I don’t think. They were able to move branches, rocks, etc, and look very carefully.

Plus, the way down to the creek from the campsite was steep. It would have been very difficult for DeOrr to have gotten down there himself without falling.

Not completely true , sorry , had this endless debate in the early days .... you are right about it being a shallow creek in most places but there were plenty of pictures of searchers wading in water up to their hips. These deep pools with spaces under large rocks are where a body could be trapped and hard to find.

Earlier DeOrrs parents had taken him to the creek to show him the fish (minnows?) and I always suspected that would be where he would go if he left the camping spot.

Some trivia from near where I live .... a young boy had been with his dad gathering firewood near a small creek ..... back at the house (1/4 mile from the creek) , the child went missing while playing in the yard , hundreds of searchers covered every square inch of the property without finding him.

Many Days later , and as a last resort , they sent police divers searching under the big chunks of ice in the creek and found him there . Up till then many people began suspecting the parents or a kidnapping .

There was a thread on webslueths about it but I do not have the link handy.

thanks

Not completely true , sorry , had this endless debate in the early days .... you are right about it being a shallow creek in most places but there were plenty of pictures of searchers wading in water up to their hips. These deep pools with spaces under large rocks are where a body could be trapped and hard to find.

Earlier DeOrrs parents had taken him to the creek to show him the fish (minnows?) and I always suspected that would be where he would go if he left the camping spot.

Some trivia from near where I live .... a young boy had been with his dad gathering firewood near a small creek ..... back at the house (1/4 mile from the creek) , the child went missing while playing in the yard , hundreds of searchers covered every square inch of the property without finding him.

Many Days later , and as a last resort , they sent police divers searching under the big chunks of ice in the creek and found him there . Up till then many people began suspecting the parents or a kidnapping .

There was a thread on webslueths about it but I do not have the link handy.

thanks
Ok, I stand corrected on the depth of the creek in some sections. However, I do recall interviews with more than one person who felt very strongly that the creek had been searched thoroughly, regardless of the depth, and they were certain he wasn’t in the creek.

Ok, I stand corrected on the depth of the creek in some sections. However, I do recall interviews with more than one person who felt very strongly that the creek had been searched thoroughly, regardless of the depth, and they were certain he wasn’t in the creek.
That’s what I recall as well.

It really bothers me for a PI to state he believes the parents are 100% innocent.

Is this only because he was hired by someone representing them? What evidence could he possibly have to base a statement like that on?

I think later in the summer months the creek will have little to no water flowing through it since all the snow from the mountains above the reservoir will have melted by then (there's not much for mountains above the reservoir). I'm looking on Google Earth and the date given is September 2014 and it appears that the reservoir is below the point where water would overflow and go down into the creek. The early searches may have been difficult in the creek but as summer went on I remember them doing extensive creek searches and moving lots of debris.

In the early days of the search , before the parents were named as suspects , I speculated the little boy went into the creek and became lodged under some rocks or debris in one of the deep pools in the creek.

I have always had this feeling in the back of my head that he was placed/buried under a large rock or rocks in the creek (or close to it). Similar to your speculation, except not by accident.

A part of me also thinks these recent hits are totally unrelated to DeOrr and he's not by the campground. Wasn't one issue with the parent's story that there was an unexplainably large number of miles driven on their vehicle for the trip?

Post deleted

Last edited:
Sure is odd, eh? I wonder if he's even interviewed both parents?
I wonder how familiar he is with the case, their deception, etc. He really stuck his neck out when he made the statement he believes they are 100% innocent.

Seems a bit reckless to me.... unless he knows something we don’t. Though it is hard to imagine what that might be, and Sheriff Penner hasn’t said anything to indicate that he believes in their innocence, at least not publicly. But then maybe he does, but would he actually tell Marshburn that? I don’t think so.

Timber Creek Campground reopens, sheriff says follow-up will be done ‘as environmental conditions change’

LEADORE — Investigators have completed their weekend search of the Timber Creek Campground and the area is back open to the public.

Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner declined to comment about what crews did at the site, which was closed by the U.S. Forest Service from June 28 to July 1.

“We’ve been up there multiple times this season. We will continue to follow-up in the area as environmental conditions change,” Penner tells EastIdahoNews.com

Timber Creek Campground reopens, sheriff says follow-up will be done 'as environmental conditions change' | East Idaho News

Penner stressed that yearly searches have been done at the campsite since Idaho Falls toddler DeOrr Kunz Jr. disappeared in July 2015. Last week private investigator David Marshburn announced his cadaver dogs hit on something at Timber Creek Campground weeks ago and suggested the weekend search was in relation to his findings.

Penner would not comment on Marshburn’s statements or if anything was found at the site but reminded everyone in a statement last week that official information on the case will only come from the Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office.

“We will not release information based on speculation or unverified facts. All press releases will be done through local professional media as we continue to search and investigate,” Penner said.

Timber Creek Campground reopens, sheriff says follow-up will be done 'as environmental conditions change' | East Idaho News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch