ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there has been criticism directed at the prosecution team - but it appears from the opening statements and the beautiful photos of JJ and Tylee that they have put the children at the very centre of this trial. It is all about them and Tammy and clearly, the team is standing up for the victims - as are you, and for that, I am so grateful. Thanks all.

Here's the full audio as an upload, not as a livestream.

ETS, now I know what the jury was talking about re: keyboard sounds, but to me it sounds like the court reporter, not the media. It is VERY annoying.

Were Tammy's children there to hear that?

The Daybell children already knew this.

“They (authorities) told me that she’d been asphyxiated…but we never saw an autopsy,” Garth Daybell told ’48 Hours.’

Mark Daybell added, “Asphyxiation doesn’t necessarily mean smothered. According to my understanding, it just means the breath was interrupted. And in the end, she wasn’t able to breathe.”

The children say Tammy had been in failing health. During their interview, Garth Daybell said he was in his bedroom the night his mother died when he heard a “thump.” His dad called out for him “with the most panic I’d ever heard in his voice.”

Listening to the defense opening, it sounds like the defense REALLY wanted a plea deal.
I thought the same. Archibald’s opening was really lack luster imo. I guess it was important for him to describe Lori’s pretty smile.

Interesting…he actually said Kay was JJ’s grandmother…even though he fought to have her dismissed as a victim.

I'm sure they know that.

While I agree it was CD, I was simply clarifying since there are people who didn't know it had been ruled asphyxiation over a year and a half ago and for people who don't follow as closely, it could look like it was ruled asphyxiation by strangulation by the comment. Just my take

While I agree it was CD, I was simply clarifying since there are people who didn't know it had been ruled asphyxiation over a year and a half ago and for people who don't follow as closely, it could look like it was ruled asphyxiation by strangulation by the comment. Just my take
Fair. I don't ever remember hearing the "at the hands of another" part previously.

Question to those who know have been following much more closely than I- how did Kay and Larry find Charles and Lori as potential adoptive parents? Are they LDS also?

Interesting the jurors walked in with notebooks. No one took notes on the Alex Murdaugh trial
I have served on two juries. Neither one allowed note-taking. I wonder how common/uncommon that is.

Fair. I don't ever remember hearing the "at the hands of another" part previously.

I didn't hear that quote earlier so I my apologies. Since no link, I assumed that was your opinion/comment.

I don't think it's been stated prior so I'm curious if that's the state's theory or if the autopsy did come back as asphyxiation by strangulation? (or similar) That would certainly be a big win in both trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liskfanatic63