Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something I had been wondering so I thought that I'd share it.

It is not illegal for Lori to fail to report her children missing, even if they are suspected to be in danger.
These bills which fall under Caylee's Law were passed after Casey Anthony failed to report Caylee missing.
I hope that this case will make not reporting an endangered, missing child in Idaho illegal. I can't imagine a state which wouldn't pass such bills :/
Maybe this is something we should come together as a community to advocate for...
Caylee's Law - Wikipedia

I just heard about this case in MSM and came here to find out more. This is such a twisted and complex case that my head hurts.

Can someone please point me to a post here, or a website, that summarizes all the salient points so that I don't have to read thousands of posts to get up to speed? Much obliged.

This is one for the books, people.

I always go through the media thread if I haven't followed since the beginning. It helps to keep things straight chronologically and give a good overview also of what we can discuss. The down side of that is the sloppy journalism. So so bad, it truly is a lost art.
I find all the WS members to be very helpful if you have questions. This case is just mental. It's got more twists than dog's back leg.

I just heard about this case in MSM and came here to find out more. This is such a twisted and complex case that my head hurts.

Can someone please point me to a post here, or a website, that summarizes all the salient points so that I don't have to read thousands of posts to get up to speed? Much obliged.

This is one for the books, people.
The best place to get up to date quickly would be the media thread:

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

It scares me to think that any criminals could join WS, and do private chats away from LE radar. (reminds me of another case where perps communicated clear as day on a discussion/app which was private.. not traceable/easily found by LE... )
Wow - I hadn't even thought of that but it is a possibility.

This is something I had been wondering so I thought that I'd share it.

It is not illegal for Lori to fail to report her children missing, even if they are suspected to be in danger.
These bills which fall under Caylee's Law were passed after Casey Anthony failed to report Caylee missing.
I hope that this case will make not reporting an endangered, missing child in Idaho illegal. I can't imagine a state which wouldn't pass such bills :/
Maybe this is something we should come together as a community to advocate for...
Caylee's Law - Wikipedia

I think that this is something, at this point, that should be considered a federal law. All states would have to be in compliance with this law, it makes sense.

Wouldn't she get SS benefit from her dead husband, since she's widowed and taking care of children?
Still trying to catch up so this may have already been answered but she may have been entitled to survivor's benefits from her late husband, but that stops the moment you remarry. She'd still receive any survivor's benefits due the children, until they reach the legal age - but hers would stop. Assuming of course, she honestly reported that she was remarried.

ETA: I've seen a few comments about surviving spouses not receiving deceased spouse's SS benefits until they (surviving spouse) are retirement age. I don't know if the laws have changed, but 20+years ago I was a 20+ year old widow with 4 minor kids. I received the wife's survivor's benefits until I remarried a few years later (I had to notify the SSA I was remarried), and all the kids received them (payable to me, since they were minors) until they each reached the age of 18.

Last edited:
What grounds could you possibly use to refuse a welfare check on your child by police? I mean, come on, the very least you could do is take the kid to the door. Everyone has watched enough TV to know that unless cops have a warrant, you don't have to let them in your house. So even if you're smoking cannabis, legal or not, drinking wine, whatever, you can at least bring the kid to the door to prove they're okay.

They lied and then they ran. Oh,and got a lawyer, who I suspect is one of the super secret forum supporters, to make a vague weird statement.

A trail of deaths.

I hope LE is all over this behind the scenes and just not talking.

MOO

New article with more info about Brandon’s shooting:
How a Gilbert drive-by shooting is tied to the Idaho missing children

From your link

"About two weeks after the shooting, Melani texted Brandon that she had decided to move to Boise, according to court documents.

"The kids could remain with you in Arizona, you would have to arrange for daycare, and I could have the kids for school holidays and summers. Or I could take the kids to Idaho and enroll them in school there and you could have the kids for school holidays and summers. Please let me know what you'd like to do," Melani texted Brandon.

A judge granted Brandon temporary custody of the children. Brandon said he is living with the children in hiding out of state.

In November, Melani was arrested on suspicion of trespassing on Brandon's parents' property in America Fork, Utah, according to the Utah County Sheriff's Office. She was released from custody the same day.

Melani did not respond to The Republic's request for comment.

Brandon said he is just a normal guy, who thought he had a simple life: A wife who loved him, four kids they both adored and a dream house in Gilbert.

The religious group his wife's family became entangled with has uprooted everything, he said.

Brandon is calling on anyone with information about this group and their actions to come forward and help bring resolution to their lives.

He's particularly concerned about Joshua and Tylee, and finding out what's happened to them."

So we have MB wandering around Idaho and Utah stalking on private
property.

And whoever was driving that jeep had a gun with a silencer on it. I wonder if they can check the ballistics to try and trace the weapon?

No on all counts. While media has said Tylee was last seen in September (when, is vague in some, the 23rd - same as JJ - in others), it is all vague with no detail and, IMO, questionable as to accuracy.
I just wonder why her brother hasn't said that his sister Tylee is fine, he last talked to her on such and such a time, etc.

Absolutely no one has come forward at all, not one person, that has seen or heard from Tylee in how long? The last that I recall, was a friend of hers mother on here saying over a year ago was the last time they had contact (the friend or former friend of Tylee).

Where are the witnesses that have seen Tylee and Joshua alive and when was the last time? It makes my mind go in a direction I don't like.

Devil's advocate: Suppose I have a young child. I also have relatives who I don't get along with because (whatever). I'm not abusing or neglecting my child in any way, but I don't allow my relatives to see the child because I don't get along with those relatives. The relatives decide to call the police and claim they're worried about my child, even though I'm innocent of any wrongdoing. If I refuse to let the police see the child, am I in fact committing a crime?

This whole situation is really disturbing, especially because of all the side details that have arisen about Lori and all the people around her and her family who have died. But if you look at it from a legal standpoint, apart from lying to the cops about where JJ was, have they actually done anything illegal that can be acted upon?

Still trying to catch up so this may have already been answered but she may have been entitled to survivor's benefits from her late husband, but that stops the moment you remarry. She'd still receive any survivor's benefits due the children, until they reach the legal age - but hers would stop. Assuming of course, she honestly reported that she was remarried.

ETA: I've seen a few comments about surviving spouses not receiving deceased spouse's SS benefits until they (surviving spouse) are retirement age. I don't know if the laws have changed, but 20+years ago I was a 20+ year old widow with 4 minor kids. I received the wife's survivor's benefits until I remarried a few years later (I had to notify the SSA I was remarried), and all the kids received them (payable to me, since they were minors) until they each reached the age of 18.
Thanks! We (meaning I) should all know better than to make statements without looking it up.

If you are the widow or widower of a person who worked long enough under Social Security, you can:
  • receive full benefits at full retirement age for survivors or reduced benefits as early as age 60.
  • begin receiving benefits as early as age 50 if you are disabled and the disability started before or within seven years of the worker's death.
  • receive survivors benefits at any age, if you have not remarried and you take care of the deceased worker's child who is under age 16 or is disabled and receives benefits on the worker's record.
Benefits Planner: Survivors | If You Are The Survivor | Social Security Administration

I just wonder why her brother hasn't said that his sister Tylee is fine, he last talked to her on such and such a time, etc.

Absolutely no one has come forward at all, not one person, that has seen or heard from Tylee in how long? The last that I recall, was a friend of hers mother on here saying over a year ago was the last time they had contact (the friend or former friend of Tylee).

Where are the witnesses that have seen Tylee and Joshua alive and when was the last time? It makes my mind go in a direction I don't like.
My thought is that he doesn't want to tell anyone what the regular payments from Tylee were about so if he avoids saying when he last spoke to her, then he's hoping no one will question those payments. I find it kind of weird a little sister is making regular payments to her older brother - if they were both adult, maybe I could see her trying to help him out, but she was a minor - I find that whole thing odd. Also, in Venmo, you can keep your payments private, why did they leave those payment public when they were so busy hiding everything else?? JMO

Devil's advocate: Suppose I have a young child. I also have relatives who I don't get along with because (whatever). I'm not abusing or neglecting my child in any way, but I don't allow my relatives to see the child because I don't get along with those relatives. The relatives decide to call the police and claim they're worried about my child, even though I'm innocent of any wrongdoing. If I refuse to let the police see the child, am I in fact committing a crime?

This whole situation is really disturbing, especially because of all the side details that have arisen about Lori and all the people around her and her family who have died. But if you look at it from a legal standpoint, apart from lying to the cops about where JJ was, have they actually done anything illegal that can be acted upon?
No, nothing illegal really, but one photo of the kids with the lawyer and a sign saying the day's date, and then no running, no heat, no problems. (Until the autopsy report, which is what I think everything hinges on.) Not being able to take that photo is really scary to me.

What are the chances that JJ and Tylee disappeared together? I'm guessing Colby last saw or spoke to Tylee before September 23. This is the last day that JJ attended school.

No, nothing illegal really, but one photo of the kids with the lawyer and a sign saying the day's date, and then no running, no heat, no problems. (Until the autopsy report, which is what I think everything hinges on.) Not being able to take that photo is really scary to me.
A photo is not enough. With missing persons, child or adult, law enforcement MUST see them in person. That is the way it works.

Could Charles' sister (Joshua's aunt or grandmother..I get her relationship confused) file a missing person's report for Joshua? It just seems like someone can do something...or anyone can make their kid disappear without consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilyminx