ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS* NO DISCUSSION #2

I apologize for not, including Tammy Daybell. When I was here three years ago, this wasn’t a memorial for Tammy Daybell, and that’s where my mind was in the moment of the tweet. Obviously, this is a memorial for Tammy, JJ, Tyler and Charles.

Larry and Kay Woodcock at the memorial site for J.J. and Tylee the evening before #LoriVallowDaybell sentencing for their murders.

I was there at #ChadDaybell’s property in June 2020 when the very first signs of memorial we’re being placed on the fence of his property. (Video below)

Lori is speaking in scripture. “Jesus Christ knows what happened here. No one was murdered. Accidental deaths happen. Suicides happen…”

Lori says she died during childbirth with Tylee and because of this she can speak to people in heaven. She says she speaks to JJ and Tylee and “my friend Tammy”…

Everything Lori is saying is proving that she’ll continue to be a danger to society.

Photo from pool photographer inside court.

NEW THREAD: We are back in the courtroom. Lori just walked in with the sound of her ankle shackles heard across the courtroom. Her defense team will now give their recommendations and then Lori could speak.

Thomas admits there is devastation and destruction surrounding this case. "My heart aches - as does the rest of our team - for the victims. People are hurt. That hurt can sometimes be manifested as hate.

I think Lori Daybell is the most hated woman in America right now and maybe in the world. That hate will never bring closure to the victims."

Thomas talks about knowing what would have happened with JJ and Tylee and Tammy's students. "But we need peace through the hurt and that peace will only come through love and compassion.

I hope each person touched by this case can heal and find some semblance of peace again because this world needs peace."

Thomas says Lori's message is one of love and she's a very misunderstood person. "People who truly know her know she's about love. We didn't always get along and our team has had a lot misunderstandings.

But Lori's overarching theme is about love. She is very different than who she plays on tv. She's smart, insightful, witty."

"She has redeeming values. Kay Woodcock sang her praises today - that Lori was a great mom," Thomas says. "There's a lot of confusion and misunderstanding about how this ultimately came to pass and that's probably not going to change any time soon.

There will be a lot confusion and misunderstanding for a while."

Thomas talking about hope before pivoting to the items the judge keeps in mind while issuing a sentence. "First degree murder is first degree murder and conspiracy carries the same punishment," Thomas says. "How are we going to heal the pain and devastation of this case to hope?"

"We have saved the life of the defendant," Thomas says before saying nobody should take credit or be blamed for that. "We saved her life and that is a win for all humanity."

Thomas explains the options the court has in issuing the sentence. "We would ask the court to sentence Ms. Vallow Daybell to a 20 years fixed term with an interminate term of life."

Thomas says Lori's hope will benefit society. "In our opinion, if you give her fixed life you will essentially throw her away. She has no incentive to rehabilitate. There is no incentive to her or anyone else. The punishment is final and all encompassing.

If you give her hope, we protect society by keeping her behind bars well into her 70s."

Thomas says Lori can help other inmates, change her habits and have hope if he gives her the sentence they recommend. "We can't bring JJ back. We can't bring Tylee back. We can't bring Tammy back.

We can try and bring others up who go to prison to a higher level then they are when they went in. I think that's important. I think that's a testament to JJ and to Tylee and to Tammy. I think that gives them something to carry on in the future."

Thomas: "What do we have to do by giving a woman in her 70s to go before a parole board and ask to be released? There's not a guarantee she will be released but that hope will drive progress in this case.

In summation, we need to heal in order to have peace. Peace comes through love. We ask the court to show mercy and look to the future. We ask the court for a 20 years fixed term plus life indeterminate for all five counts concurrent."

Judge tells Lori can appeal the sentence to the Idaho Supreme Court but it must be done within 42 days.

Lori Vallow Daybell will now be delivered to IDOC. No emotion from Lori. Hearing is over. Will post a full report later.

Last edited:
TRANSCRIPT OF LORI VALLOW'S STATEMENT AT HER SENTENCING 31 JUL 2023:

I would like to start by quoting John from the New Testament in the Bible. In John, chapter eight, verse seven, Jesus says, "ye that is without sin among you, let him cast-- first cast a stone at her. Then in verse fifteen, Jesus says, "ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true."

Jesus knows me, and Jesus understand me. I mourn with all of you who mourn my children and Tammy. Jesus Christ knows the truth of what happened here. Jesus Christ knows that no one was murdered in this case. Accidental deaths happen. Suicides happen. Fatal side effects from medications happen.

I have a different perspective in life, because in 2002, when I was pregnant with Tylee, I died in the hospital while in labor with her. They tried to stop my labor. They put me on the table and put something in my IV and I felt my spirit falling to the floor. I was standing near my pregnant body watching the doctors trying to revive me, which took them a few minutes. In that time, my sister Stacy was standing to my left. I turned to hug her and was surprised that her spirit was as tangible as a physical body, because I knew I was in spirit and she was in spirit. She said she needed to show me some things, and we went to heaven. I later returned to my body. Because of this experience, I have access to heaven and the spirit world.

Since then, I have had many communications from people now living in heaven, including my children Tylee Ashland and Joshua Jackson, my sisters Stacy and Lolly, my aunts and uncles and my grandparents. I have had many communications with Jesus Christ, the savior of this world, and our Heavenly Parents. I've had many angelic visitors have come and communicated with me and even manifested themselves to me.

Because of these communications, I know for a fact that my children are happy and busy in the spirit world. Because of my communications with my friend Tammy Daybell, I know that she is also very happy and extremely busy. I have always mourned the loss of my loved ones, and I have lost many in this mortal world. However, I know more than most people know: Where they are now and what they're doing. I know how wonderful heaven is and I'm homesick for it every single day. I know we all lived in heaven before we were born on Earth and we were all adult spirits in the heavenly realm. We chose to come to earth as mortals. Heaven is more wonderful than you can possibly imagine. I do not fear death, but I look forward to it.

I did not want to return to my body when I was out of it, even though my son Colby, who I adored more than anything was only six years old at the time and I was about to give birth to this new baby girl that I wanted so badly. I was a young mother, and you would think I wouldn't want to leave my children, but as I stood in heaven I did not want to go back. I thought they would be fine without me, because I was peaceful and I was happy and I was home. But then I was told by Jesus that I needed to go back and complete things that I had covenanted or promised to do before I was born. This caused me a lot of distress because I knew heaven was my real home, and I only wanted to be there. I was free from pain -- emotional and physical -- but then I was shown how I would help my children and others in the future, so ultimately I did agree to go back to my body.

Tylee has visited me. She is happy and very busy. Tylee is free now from all the pains of her life. Tylee suffered horrible physical pain her whole life. I sat with Tylee in the hospital year after year after year while she screamed in pain when the morphine wasn't even enough to take away the pain of her pancreatitis. I sat there while she cried and I held back her hair while she threw up, and I am the only person on this Earth who knows how much Tylee suffered in her life. She had pain every single day. She never felt good. Her body did not work right, and I don't know if that was complications from me dying while she was being born or something else, but she had a very difficult life. She was sexually abused by her own biological father since she was three years old, and she was forced by family court to go visit him for ten years against her will. I fought for her in court. I protected her with my whole life. I tried to protect her. I worried about her every single day. Tylee had to get her GED because she couldn't go to school every day because she never felt good. She felt sick. Nobody knows this because Tylee, like myself, tries to put on a good front, tries to be a happy person, tries to have hope in life, tries to know that she's here for a purpose and that she has an eternal purpose to be on this earth, but I never stopped worrying aout her. One of the times Tylee came to me as a spirit after she died, she said-- she commanded me and she said to me "Stop worrying, Mom. We are fine." She knows how I worry and how I miss her.

The first time JJ visited me after he passed away, he put his arm around me, and he said to me, "You didn't do anything wrong, Mom. I love you, and I know you loved me every minute of my life." JJ -- Joshua Jackson -- was an adult spirit, and he was very, very tall when he put his arm around me. He is busy. He is engaged. He has jobs that he does there, and he is so happy where he is. His life was short, but JJ's life was meaningful. JJ was a wonderful person and touched the lives of everyone, and I adored him every minute of his life.

My eternal friend Tammy Daybell has visited me on several occasions. She came to bring me peace and comfort, and I know that she is extremely busy helping her family, especially her children and grandchildren, and I have a great love for Tammy.

My beautiful children Tylee Ashland and Joshua Jackson rest safely this day in the arms of Jesus. My wonderful friend Tammy Daybell rests safely this day in the arms of Jesus. And I look forward to the day when we are reunited and I, too, will rest with them in the arms of my Jesus.

SOURCE:

After Lori Vallow Daybell's sentencing, her sister breaks silence​

The sister of convicted murder, Lori Vallow Daybell, broke her silence and shared an emotional tribute to her niece and nephew.

Status hearing: Trial date of April 1, 2024 is still on schedule. They estimate the death penalty trial will last approx. 8 weeks. John Prior says "The defense will put on a case."

Cameras in the courtroom: Judge Boyce says Oct 12, 2022 he issued an order that if the cases were severed (they ended up being) he would revisit the no camera order.

Judge Boyce wants to schedule a hearing to hear arguments on cameras in the courtroom for the April 1, 2024 trial.

State still opposes cameras for the trial. Defense wants cameras. (This is likely the only time trial watchers are rooting for the defense in this case.)

Prior: Mr. Daybell still maintains his position of wanting a public trial - wanting cameras.

Judge Boyce sets a Nov. 29th, 9:30am MT, hearing for arguments on cameras in #ChadDaybell's trial that begins April 1, 2024.

At the end of the hearing, Judge Boyce announced he will hold an ex parte hearing requested by the defense. This is a sealed hearing that does not include prosecutors or public. Wonder what it could be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back