I'd rather kill myself than remove veil, woman tells court

May I ask your age Jacobi?

I also have another question for you. Do you think that if you moved to Afghanistan you would wear a burka or at least cover your head? If you answered yes to either of these questions, can you say why you'd do that?

Jeana (DP) said:
May I ask your age Jacobi?

I also have another question for you. Do you think that if you moved to Afghanistan you would wear a burka or at least cover your head? If you answered yes to either of these questions, can you say why you'd do that?
Care to take a guess as to my age? I won't be offended.

As a guy, I can say without hesitation that I would definitely not wear a burqa in Afghanistan! If I answered yes, I would be admitting to being something I'm not! And, even then I wouldn't because I think they frown upon that sort of thing over there. Cross-dressing in Afghanistan is a different topic entirely!

But, to answer your indirect question, I would obey the laws of the country as a guest of that country. I would respect their rights, culture and customs. If that means having to adopt certain elements and rituals of the islamic faith, then so be it.

Jacobi said:
But, to answer your indirect question, I would obey the laws of the country as a guest of that country. I would respect their rights, culture and customs. If that means having to adopt certain elements and rituals of the islamic faith, then so be it.

As would I. Don't you think that people coming to America should as well?

I'm not going to guess your age, but let me ask another question and don't be offended. Are you homosexual?

Jeana (DP) said:
As would I. Don't you think that people coming to America should as well?
Yes I do. But, as I recall, the DMV case was of an American citizen that converted to Islam, and, this case is being heard in New Zealand.

I'm not going to guess your age, but let me ask another question and don't be offended. Are you homosexual?
I'm not offended. I'm not gay but now I'm curious why you would think I am. Was it the bill gates mugshot? lol

Jacobi said:
Yes I do. But, as I recall, the DMV case was of an American citizen that converted to Islam, and, this case is being heard in New Zealand.

I'm not offended. I'm not gay but now I'm curious why you would think I am. Was it the bill gates mugshot? lol

Nope, not the mugshot. The photo on your posts looks female. Most people have photos on their signature that reflect their personality. I've got gay friends who call each other "girlfriend" all the time. I was just thinking that maybe you were gay. No biggie!!

Jeana (DP) said:
Nope, not the mugshot. The photo on your posts looks female. Most people have photos on their signature that reflect their personality. I've got gay friends who call each other "girlfriend" all the time. I was just thinking that maybe you were gay. No biggie!!
Heh, alright... I'm a bit of a film fan, and the photo is that of Christina Ricci. I'm 26.

Jacobi said:
Heh, alright... I'm a bit of a film fan, and the photo is that of Christina Ricci. I'm 26.

Ahhhh. My favorite scene in "Adams Family Values" when she asks if the girlscout cookies are made with real girlscouts!! :cool:

Jeana (DP) said:
Ahhhh. My favorite scene in "Adams Family Values" when she asks if the girlscout cookies are made with real girlscouts!! :cool:
:D great scene. At least we can agree on that!

Do any one know if she removed the veil or killed herself? Please keep me inform. Thanks!

If I hear anything Poco, I'll let you know.

My question is how did she get a passport if she wasn't willing to take off the burka? How did she clear customs in New Zealand if she wasn't willing to take it off. Here are two instances where most likely she did what she was asked and took it off. Why all of a sudden she'd rather die than do so seems absurd.

Jeana (DP) said:
If I hear anything Poco, I'll let you know.

My question is how did she get a passport if she wasn't willing to take off the burka? How did she clear customs in New Zealand if she wasn't willing to take it off. Here are two instances where most likely she did what she was asked and took it off. Why all of a sudden she'd rather die than do so seems absurd.

Those are interesting questions. Perhaps before 9 11 people were allowed to take their passport pictures with the burqua.

I must say that I absolutely detest that everyone except muslims are expected to follow the rules of the law. I know in America, an accused person is allowed to face the witnesses. Not sure about in New Zealand, however. In this particular case, I think this probably stems from the BIL: he knows she will not unveil and is hoping she'll drop charges or refuse to testify if that is required of her. Hope the judge is a wise discerner.

My sister lived for years in Abu Daubi, and she was physically attacked for daring to show her uncovered head outside her home during the celebration of ramadan. During her years there, a young British girl went missing. No one could find her, and her parents were expelled from the country when they pressed on with their search. She showed up years later--I think six years later, at the age of 12, pregnant. She'd been kept in a HARAM of a sheik. He'd stolen her and kept her and used her and got rid of her when he was finished with her. Was he punished? NO NO NO.

These people could give a #hit about OUR culture or OUR beliefs--they refuse to submit to our rules but INSIST that we submit to theirs. Their culture is one of repression and backwardness IN MY OPINION and they get ZERO sympathy from me.

poco said:
Is she dead yet?

She can't do it Poco. See what I found?:

Possible blackmail and sin
Fouzya Salim told the judge that she would rather kill herself than reveal her face while giving evidence. Her implied threat is seen by many as bordering on an attempt to blackmail the New Zealand judicial system.

Suicide is expressly forbidden in the Islamic holy book, the Koran. In the chapter called Women verse 29 of the book it is stated that "...And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allah [Islamic god] is Most Merciful to you". According to Hadith (tradition of Mohamed) number 6485 in Sahih Muslim, "....none amongst you should make a request for death, and do not call for it before it comes, for when any of you dies, he ceases (to do good) deeds and the life of a believer is not pronlonged but for goodness."

Those who commit suicide other than in terrorist operations against Israel, the United States and those who are regarded as allies and collaborators of these and other "infidel states" are treated with the utmost disrespect by Muslim communities. Mullahs would refuse to officiate in their burial. The corpses of Muslims, other than terrorists, who kill themselves are unceremoniously dumped into crudely dug holes in the ground without the usual rites of burial. Surviving family members would be subjected to humiliation for years.

Most devout Muslims probably will not contemplate killing themselves unless they feel they are engaged in holy war against an enemy state.

http://www.maldivesroyalfamily.com/editorial_burugaa_nz.shtml

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname