ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of hours ago I lit a candle for Robert and said a prayer for him and all the sweet little ones that are suffering. God bless them all

Well goodnight all...hope to learn more tommorrow. My prayers are with Robert.

Ok if M A Whit** is 47...there is quite a bit of stuff I found in the court records...still looking...

I think this is him .. 6629 Southdale address. Arrested for controlled substance and this one ... I don't know what it means ... wonder if there is some connection through the children being involved with being wards of the state (my terminology is probably not correct here). As taken from this public website: https://www.idcourts.us/repository/partySearch.do

Attachments

• M A Whitman court record.jpg
    M A Whitman court record.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 34
Happy Birthday Angel - there is more good in the world than evil as is evidenced here at WS - keep the faith and enjoy your Birthday - we will keep an eye to Robert so you can kick back and relax for a wee spell. You do good work and are a kind soul - Happy Birthday.

I think this is him .. 6629 Southdale address. Arrested for controlled substance and this one ... I don't know what it means ... wonder if there is some connection through the children being involved with being wards of the state (my terminology is probably not correct here). As taken from this public website: https://www.idcourts.us/repository/partySearch.do

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that means he has a child in foster care and it was a child support issue. Parents are supposed to pay child support in many (most?) states when their kids are placed in foster care, right?

Happy Birthday Angel - there is more good in the world than evil as is evidenced here at WS - keep the faith and enjoy your Birthday - we will keep an eye to Robert so you can kick back and relax for a wee spell. You do good work and are a kind soul - Happy Birthday.

Ditto for me, Angel, and thanks for all you do for us here. You do excellent work.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :blowkiss:

The man whose Boise home and yard were being searched Friday night for evidence related to Robert Manwill's disappearance says he knows the 8-year-old's family but has no idea what may have happened to him.

Evan Wallis told the Idaho Statesman that he doesn't know what police are looking for at his rental home in the 6600 block of Southdale Avenue, near Five Mile Road in Southwest Boise.

"If it's going to help anything, do it," Wallis said. He said he knows Robert's mother and her boyfriend but is much closer to the boyfriend's brother, David Ehrlick. "I'm innocent. I'm an innocent bystander."

Above is from Badme's link. There is a pic on the site also.

How does this tie in? The "borrowed" truck?

ETA: Wallis said he last saw Robert at David Ehrlick's home a few months ago.

He said he and his wife have been re-doing their backyard, planting grass and adding a sandbox. He said he did not notice any disturbances in the backyard, which he said was large and had "a lot of junk" in it.

"It makes me sick to know this is going down at my house right now," he said. "I didn't do nothing back there. I'm not going to say for the record nothing's back there because I don't know. Maybe something did happen along the lines when I was out of town."

It's mountain time in Idaho, right? So the late night news has already passed an hour ago?

Boise area is on mountain time, Kimster.

Some of us, in the panhandle area, are on Pacific time. It's 11:26pm where I am right now.

We get our news (by choice) out of Spokane, WA. I heard only a small blip on KREM. They mentioned (and showed a line of people) that 1600 volunteers showed up to search for Robert today.

:praying: for Robert!

Is it just me, or does it seem like this "boyfriend" is trying to throw everyone and anyone under the bus for some reason? :confused: :waitasec:

Search for boy takes grim turn
August 1, 2009
Updated 16 minutes ago
<snipped>
The search for a missing 8-year-old took a grim turn Friday as police suggested he could be "the victim of a tragic event" and searched the apartment of his mother, who has a history of harming another child.

Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said new evidence recovered in a Thursday and Friday search of the apartment of the boy's mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins, had detectives tracking new leads.

"The evidence we've uncovered shows that there are suspicious circumstances surrounding Robert's disappearance," Kerns said during a press conference. "Volunteers assisting in the search today are being given the information by search team officers that Robert may indeed be injured or the victim of a tragic event."

During the course of the day, investigators also descended on a cordoned-off section of Ada County's Hidden Hollow Landfill and the backyard of a home on Southdale Avenue in Southwest Ada County.

Jenkins pleaded guilty in March to a misdemeanor charge of injury to a child following an October 2008 incident that fractured her infant son's skull.

Jenkins "did willfully inflict" the injury to her other son "by striking the child's head on a surface, causing a fracture to the child's skull," on Oct. 19, 2008. She was sentenced to 29 days of work release, fined $75.50 and put on probation for two years, according to court documents.

That child is the son of Jenkins' boyfriend, Daniel Edward Ehrlick. The boy was in the care of the state Department of Health and Welfare through at least February, according to court documents. The agency will not release his whereabouts, citing policy.

Jenkins has a third child, a 2-year-old daughter fathered by a third man, who has custody of her. Jenkins has visitation rights. Ehrlick, who has been convicted of burglary, battery and possession of drug paraphernalia, is banned from being alone with the girl, but court documents don't say why.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/news/?2009-08-01-Search-for-boy-takes-grim-turn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Searchers get ominous direction
August 1, 2009
Updated 25 minutes ago
<snipped>
Grace Routh turned up to search for missing Robert Manwill on Friday and found a different mood than when she helped on Tuesday.

Initially, Routh said, volunteers received broad descriptions of what to look for &#8212; clothing and anything suspicious or unusual. At the search Friday, however, the description changed because of the progression of the case to a criminal investigation.

"You're looking for an injured boy or something worse," Boise Police Sgt. Greg Oster, operations officer for the west site at Garfield Elementary School, told volunteers. "You're looking for anything out of the ordinary. You're looking for smells, you know what I'm talking about folks."

"All of us know it's seven days into this thing; lets be realistic," Oster told the Idaho Press-Tribune after the final search had gotten under way at the west site. He added that investigators still hope to find Robert safe.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/news/?2009-08-01-Searchers-get-ominous-direction

:angel:

The guy's who's yard they are searching says they just put in a new sandbox....says that there's a lot of junk back there and he can't say for certain that Robert isn't back there? What?????

He said he and his wife have been re-doing their backyard, planting grass and adding a sandbox. He said he did not notice any disturbances in the backyard, which he said was large and had "a lot of junk" in it.

"It makes me sick to know this is going down at my house right now," he said. "I didn't do nothing back there. I'm not going to say for the record nothing's back there because I don't know. Maybe something did happen along the lines when I was out of town."

The guy's who's yard they are searching says they just put in a new sandbox....says that there's a lot of junk back there and he can't say for certain that Robert isn't back there? What?????

I'm probably just tired and overly sensitive, but that 'sandbox' statement gave me the creeps. :eek:

It's mountain time in Idaho, right? So the late night news has already passed an hour ago?

I listened to most and heard a few new developments: a white SUV that was taken from Southdale address and returned to within a few blocks renter's Southdale address (not sure if this was their vehicle or not). A yellow vehicle I think was said belonging to Melissa Jenkins was towed from yard. Renter said that they were out of town last weekend and weren't aware of activity at their address. They left today to undisclosed distination to be away from crime lab activity. Officer guarding site tonight, crime lab people will return on Sat am. and resume work. A candlelight vigil was held at Robert home at Oak Park Apt. Next breifing will be held at noon MDT on Saturady. Sorry if this sounds disjointed-headache and I need to go to bed.
Blessings and prayers for little Robert and the Manwill family,:praying:
Savannahadam

Pardon my post if I'm off a little. I am new to this site.
I've read each of your posts. Just want to say thank you for all the kind, heartfelt and compassionate words. This is truly maddening. I hope there is a huge public outcry when the bastards are found out!

Have a few things to get off my chest.

First, The house on Southdale looks like a landfill. If you check this address on google maps and look at the street level view, then move your green guy to the street behind the home. There is nothing around this place for miles and 3-4 houses in a row appear to have their backyard in common. This place is a trash hole and could easily be a meth lab or God knows what. Sad part is there are kids that live/lived here too. Perhaps they are already safe in CPS custody.

2nd, Not one of the adults in Roberts life has a clean record. Not even his Dad. Every single one of them has run afoul of the law. Ehrlick is the most consistent and delinquent, offender with a drug conviction, burglery, battery etc. and has been at it for some time, His rap sheet Dates back almost 20 years. Not to mention the sealed case that he and Melissa have and the most recent injury to a child that Ehrlick is clearly supporting Melissa on.
If my wife did that to my kid. I'm not certain of how I would deal with her. But we would not be together for one minute after I found out.

Melissa has 3 kids with 3 separate bio dads...has lost custody of all 3. Tried to kill her infant and may have finally been successful this time. She's also dragging collections and other little sordid details around.

The JW and M.A. Whi***** family have notorious rap sheets for a myriad of violations...good people....not surprised they are "friends" with the family.

The "legal system" has failed our community and these children for YEARS! Robert is 8. His mom and Ehrlick and his Dad Charles have had plenty of chances before him and since to get their act together. They've been ordered to go to parenting classes been through multiple divorces etc. Theses folks are habitual, chronic offenders. They don't pay bills, they don't maintain insurance, they don't pay child support or medicaid reimbursment when their kids are in "our" state custody. They don't obey traffic laws or really any laws for that matter. I'm guessing Ehrlick used "free health care" at St. Al's for his little visit. They live life on the fringe of society. They abuse kids and drugs and society in general.
Roberts Dad seems like the most stable of the group...but I don't know him.
I don't know any of these folks but there past precedes them here.

I hope I'm totally off base and this is all a big tragic accident. I've lived in Boise for a long time. I know a bunch of the cops working this case.
These things don't typically have a good ending or a good explanation.
This is beyond tragic.

I pray for Robert and his safe return and if it's not God's will then for his siblings, the infant and his toddler sister that God's grace is sufficient to watch over and protect them...

Sorry for Hijacking the thread. Just had to get some feelings and emotions out.

I'm happy to help and answer any questions. I live here in Boise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels