ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They definitely look similar. Has LE said anything about suspicions about the family, lie detectors taken?

This little boy looks SO much like my DS - it just breaks my heart that he is missing!!

LEFT: Melissa Jenkins, Robert's mother / RIGHT: Melissa Jenkins from the article.

JenkinsSBS.jpg

Now I'm not entirely sure. Robert's mom looks older, but it might just be the stress from having a missing son. Has anything been said about how old Robert's mother Melissa is?

Also, this is the only thing I can find that LE has said about the family's involvement or non-involvement:

Family members were the last to see Robert. Police at this point don't suspect any family member is involved in his disappearance.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/846262.html

Melissa J has that one eyebrow that is a little higher, those circles under her eyes and the same hairline.

http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/NewsReleases/2009/page42172.aspx

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
spacer.gif

March 04, 2009
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

03-04-09 Felony injury to a child warrant arrest

Boise March 4th, 2009 - On Tuesday (March 3rd) Ada County Deputies arrested a Boise woman on a Felony injury to a child warrant. The Warrant stems from a Boise City case that began last year.

Warrant Arrest: Melissa S Jenkins, 29, Boise

Charges: Injurty to a child (F)

What happened: On 10/20/2008 at approximately 10:39 PM Boise Police where called to a local hospital on a suspicious injury to a child. Investigators determined that on the previous day a child under the age of one at the time had been injured at a East Boise home. The boy received what appeared to be serious head injuries during the incident. The child was taken on imminent danger and turned over to the custody of State Health and Welfare. After a detailed investigation detectives forwarded the case to the Ada County Prosecutors Office for review. Yesterday (March 3rd) Ada County Deputies arrested a Boise woman, the mother of the child, on the Felony injury to a child warrant.

No further information is available at this time.

Release Prepared By:
Charles McClure
Boise Police Public Information

spacer.gif

March 05, 2009

Boise mom arrested after son's head injury

- STATESMAN STAFF

Melissa S. Jenkins, 29, turned herself in at the Ada County Jail Tuesday, hours after a warrant was issued for her arrest on a charge of felony injury to child. Jenkins' 8-month-old son suffered a fractured skull in October and is in the custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Boise police reports. The child was taken to the hospital one day after he was injured, police said.

Wow, they do look really similar in the last side-by-side!

Do we know the age of Robert's Mom?

Haven't looked yet, but does Boise clerk of courts list the addresses of people charged in crimes in their on-line records (my county doesn't)?

Haven't looked yet, but does Boise clerk of courts list the addresses of people charged in crimes in their on-line records (my county doesn't)?

They don't seem to even list their records online.
The only thing I can find is the old fashion request, fax and mail.
The docket for each day is available but I cannot find an archive.

It sure seems to be the same one.
There is only one listing for the name in Idaho.
Same phone number comes up for Robin Jenkins, male.

I did a search on People Search and Melissa is 30 years old. Guess she was married to an Afton Manwill ( Robert's Father ?) She also has another couple of last names..Seiber and Sperry.

Afton appears to be a female from what I could find anyway..
I found her name linked to a Charles M., fwiw..

ETA: I just saw your post above Idaho4Groenes :)

I would have to say that is the same woman espec. after you did the side by side..I sure hope LE isnt overlooking that one. That just took place (arrest) when March 09 is that what I read..?

I would have to say that is the same woman espec. after you did the side by side..I sure hope LE isnt overlooking that one. That just took place (arrest) when March 09 is that what I read..?

The incident took place in October of 2008, but the arrest was in March of 2009. I'm sure LE is aware of it. After all, family is usually the first place they look. But they, and we, shouldn't forget about the 70 RSOs within a mile of his home, plus the ones who don't register, and the ones who haven't been caught, and the first time offenders.

Should we assume that he was at the playground alone? Unsupervised? No buddy system?

This is the only "new" info from tonight's presser that I can find at this time.

Boise police said Monday night that they are following up on 75 leads they have received since Robert Manwill went missing Friday night.

They drained a pond at Oak Park Village and found nothing. More than 40 police officers participated in a house-to-house search Monday, and about 126 volunteers teamed up with officers to search public areas.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepiece/story/846836.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member