Idaho Student Says Teacher Tossed His Mexican Flag In The Trash

Israel, like Canada and the USA DOES not have a "state religion".

I do like do clarify facts.

BTW, how did this thread go from " discrimination" to state religion. What does one have to do with the other.

When I think of Mexicans and the state of Idaho, I think of the movie Napolean Dynamite and Pedro.

Vote for Pedro!

Israel, like Canada and the USA DOES not have a "state religion".

I do like do clarify facts.

BTW, how did this thread go from " discrimination" to state religion. What does one have to do with the other.

How did it go from discussing a student getting his flag taken away to how much "better" Canada is than the United States? Of course, I have to say that MANY of your posts head in that direction, so I'm not surprised. I'm glad that you take pride in Canada, however, you seem to be using it as a sword, much like many of us feel the flags are. I'm not sure what you've got against the United States and why you feel the need to put her down, but I've got to tell you that I personally am a bit tired of it. So I guess I'll remove myself from this discussion with you because I really think the mods have better things to worry about than this issue. Take care.

When I think of Mexicans and the state of Idaho, I think of the movie Napolean Dynamite and Pedro.

Vote for Pedro!

I said that!

Yeah CL, I saw that it went in another direction but the Mexican flag issue got beaten to death anyways, IMO.

How did it go from discussing a student getting his flag taken away to how much "better" Canada is than the United States?

From an American student who travels to Europe:

I have and had to pretend to be and act like a Canadian. In a world view Canadians are liked because of their kindness and open mindedness to other cultures. They are a country of peace and act more like Europeans. They are taught about many nations and are therefore easily assimilated into other cultures.I had a Canadian flag on my backpackhttp://www.answerbag.com/q_view/107896# and was welcomed everywhere. I have seen other Americans in restaurants in Europe and they were rude.That is the impression that the world gets of the USA. I learned quickly to act respectful of everyone and respect other cultures then everything was easy.

Of course, I have to say that MANY of your posts head in that direction, so I'm not surprised. I'm glad that you take pride in Canada, however, you seem to be using it as a sword, much like many of us feel the flags are. I'm not sure what you've got against the United States and why you feel the need to put her down, but I've got to tell you that I personally am a bit tired of it.

When some post a comment that Canada has just as many problems and more then USA that tends to gets my back up. I feel very few Americans have visited Canada or knows much about it. The rest of the world knows and respects Canadians and Canadians do not have to "pretend" to be Americans when they travel to Europe.

But American pretend to be "from Canada" when they travel, but their lack of respect for other countries and cultures is quite evident and most people know when a "fake" Canadian is in their midst.

I don't know why the "proud" American have to "be frauds" when they travel, if they are so proud of where they come from. Could it be that they may be treated with discrimination and the American can't handle that because they feel they are the best people from the best country in the world.

So I guess I'll remove myself from this discussion with you because I really think the mods have better things to worry about than this issue. Take care.

No problem, I do extend a visit to Canada to Americans. Then they can learn first hand the differences in the culture and people.

We will not toss your flag in the trash, bash you, tell you to go back where you come from, hold your citizenship or country of birth against you, because that is discrimination based on your country of origin and nationality.

Those things are in violation of your Human Rights and is not the "Canadian" way of doing things. We will treat you like Canadians like to be treated, with kindness and respect. Even if you are from the States, we will not hold that against you. Promise.

CL, you cannot take a few articles and make an assumption on the whole of Americans. Only the most eye catching things are put in print. Not the mission work, or the guy that takes a family in need in, etc. Have you ever heard "if it bleeds, it leads"? I've read about mob tied shootings and gangs in Vancouver, so I know Canada as a whole is not as puritan, cotton candy and rainbows as you would make it to be. But I also know that the mobs and gangs there do not represent your country as a whole. Canadians have a weird sense of superiority over Americans that is just unwarranted. Strip all of us naked and we are all the same. Some good eggs, some bad. Quit making general blanket statements about us before we come up there and show you a good time.

How did it go from discussing a student getting his flag taken away to how much "better" Canada is than the United States?

From an American student who travels to Europe:

I have and had to pretend to be and act like a Canadian. In a world view Canadians are liked because of their kindness and open mindedness to other cultures. They are a country of peace and act more like Europeans. They are taught about many nations and are therefore easily assimilated into other cultures.I had a Canadian flag on my backpackhttp://www.answerbag.com/q_view/107896# and was welcomed everywhere. I have seen other Americans in restaurants in Europe and they were rude.That is the impression that the world gets of the USA. I learned quickly to act respectful of everyone and respect other cultures then everything was easy.

Of course, I have to say that MANY of your posts head in that direction, so I'm not surprised. I'm glad that you take pride in Canada, however, you seem to be using it as a sword, much like many of us feel the flags are. I'm not sure what you've got against the United States and why you feel the need to put her down, but I've got to tell you that I personally am a bit tired of it.

When some post a comment that Canada has just as many problems and more then USA that tends to gets my back up. I feel very few Americans have visited Canada or knows much about it. The rest of the world knows and respects Canadians and Canadians do not have to "pretend" to be Americans when they travel to Europe.

But American pretend to be "from Canada" when they travel, but their lack of respect for other countries and cultures is quite evident and most people know when a "fake" Canadian is in their midst.

I don't know why the "proud" American have to "be frauds" when they travel, if they are so proud of where they come from. Could it be that they may be treated with discrimination and the American can't handle that because they feel they are the best people from the best country in the world.

So I guess I'll remove myself from this discussion with you because I really think the mods have better things to worry about than this issue. Take care.

No problem, I do extend a visit to Canada to Americans. Then they can learn first hand the differences in the culture and people.

We will not toss your flag in the trash, bash you, tell you to go back where you come from, hold your citizenship or country of birth against you, because that is discrimination based on your country of origin and nationality.

Those things are in violation of your Human Rights and is not the "Canadian" way of doing things. We will treat you like Canadians like to be treated, with kindness and respect. Even if you are from the States, we will not hold that against you. Promise.

Honey, no one said crap about Canada until you brought up your holier than thou attitude. I think you should, however, remind your GOVERNMENT that Canadians do things differently because they're ready to split up families and throw kids out of school because they're in your country ILLEGALLY. So seriously, give us a big freaking break. OH CANADA! right.:bang::bang::bang:

You can't be serious...

Honey, no one said crap about Canada until you brought up your holier than thou attitude. I think you should, however, remind your GOVERNMENT that Canadians do things differently because they're ready to split up families and throw kids out of school because they're in your country ILLEGALLY. So seriously, give us a big freaking break. OH CANADA! right.:bang::bang::bang:

Go Jeana, Go Jeana !!
:blowkiss:

From your post, I can see that not all Canadians are as non-judgemental and tolerant as you claim.

I am well aware that Americans are not well-regarded in most countries. However, stereotyping Americans is just as bad as stereotyping Mexicans or anyone else. It's still closed-minded and wrong.

Even as a person with close ties to a European country, I find your statement "They [Canadians] are a country of peace and act more like Europeans" very offensive, on more than just grammatical grounds. You are obviously insinuating that Europeans are superior to people from other areas of the world.

From your post, I can see that not all Canadians are as non-judgemental and tolerant as you claim.

I am well aware that Americans are not well-regarded in most countries. However, stereotyping Americans is just as bad as stereotyping Mexicans or anyone else. It's still closed-minded and wrong.

Even as a person with close ties to a European country, I find your statement "They [Canadians] are a country of peace and act more like Europeans" very offensive, on more than just grammatical grounds. You are obviously insinuating that Europeans are superior to people from other areas of the world.

Well said..

Rino: Yes, I am serious, nobody is going to hold the "American attitude" against you.

I never said that Canada is all cotton candy and ponies. But we have far less problems and no teacher will discriminate against any student because they were not born in Canada.

No one is going to treat you differently then any other person. Person being the key word. Human being even being more accurate. I guess what has upset me, is that some people feel that this teacher "was justified" in his action and defended the teacher. That is an affront against the values of Human rights and respect. There is no, and I mean no defense of what this teacher did.

The children learn the attitudes of their parents. Then they act upon it. They learn discrimination. They learn to hate. They learn to discriminate. I find it difficult to understand why a student should not celebrate his/her heritage because it will upset other children who have learned to "hate" people who are not white and "true" Americans. The students who are white and "true" Americans need an attitude change that they are not "superior" to other human beings.

Again, you're only using one example of discrimination by one teacher to represent the whole of America.

Canada doesn't have ANYONE who discriminates, huh?

http://deafness.about.com/b/2005/11/09/tale-of-job-search-discrimination-from-canada.htm

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2003/09/29/stats_survey030929.html

http://www.camh.net/About_Addiction...ation/Alone_in_Canada/discrimination_aic.html

If you actually read into these stories, in does happen and frequently. And these were just a few of the top results in a search on google.

Stop feeding us B.S., it gives me gas. :rolleyes:

Rino: Yes, I am serious, nobody is going to hold the "American attitude" against you.

Even if you are from the States, we will not hold that against you

You just did.....but you don't get it, do you?
I never said that Canada is all cotton candy and ponies. But we have far less problems and no teacher will discriminate against any student because they were not born in Canada.

No one is going to treat you differently then any other person. Person being the key word. Human being even being more accurate. I guess what has upset me, is that some people feel that this teacher "was justified" in his action and defended the teacher. That is an affront against the values of Human rights and respect. There is no, and I mean no defense of what this teacher did.

The children learn the attitudes of their parents. Then they act upon it. They learn discrimination. They learn to hate. They learn to discriminate. I find it difficult to understand why a student should not celebrate his/her heritage because it will upset other children who have learned to "hate" people who are not white and "true" Americans. The students who are white and "true" Americans need an attitude change that they are not "superior" to other human beings.
Besides being repeptitious, you make a lot of blanket statements. The fact that you judge the teacher so harshly based on a kids statements when we don't know the full facts yet indicates you like to think of us as racist bigots, it feeds some needon your part.

Either the kid lied or the teacher is a racist, you relish the worst scenaro. Why?

Americans know that TRUE Americans are NOT WHITE. And if your children are learning your attitude, please tell them that they need not bother visiting America.

And on a different note, but still speaking CANADA, when are you barbarians gonna quit clubbing and skinning baby seals alive? That seems a little bit harsh for a country that is SOOOOOOOOO concerned about rights.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back