If Terri truly had no part in Kyron's disappearance...

That she's not arrested or in some way detained from going anywhere is what keeps me thinking there is more to this than meets the allegation.

The only way LE can detain TH is with her consent, unless she is under arrest. Otherwise, she is free to go wherever she wants to go, just like anybody else.

For example, if LE were to tell me not to leave the state during an investigation, I would not have to comply. If they told me that was a direct order, I would not have to comply. They would have to tell me I was under arrest to stop me from leaving.

I know what you mean - I'm just awaiting the grand entrance of a harlequin dwarf, a tattooed sword swallower, & a fire-juggling acrobat.

Good points made about the appointment, but I still can't discount it as a possible key. It's the one thing that sticks in my craw, especially with so much song & dance around it.

What about the one-armed man?
yes, it is a three-ring circus.

The only way LE can detain TH is with her consent, unless she is under arrest. Otherwise, she is free to go wherever she wants to go, just like anybody else.

For example, if LE were to tell me not to leave the state during an investigation, I would not have to comply. If they told me that was a direct order, I would not have to comply. They would have to tell me I was under arrest to stop me from leaving.

bolding mine>

I thought the restraining order against her had stipulations of where she can not go.

Forgive me, as this is my first post here (though I've been reading here for years with various cases that catch my attention).

For TH to take Kyron to school, fake a dr's appointment (as that seems to be floating around out there), take him from the school and then kill him in cold blood, she would have to be a sociopath. That's something premeditated... like for a long time. It's also not something we see a lot from moms unless they're dealing with Post-partum psychosis.

IMHO it's more likely that *if* poor Kyron is no longer with us (God, I hope he is) and TH is involved, it would have been an accident and she's covering it up. Maybe she ran over him backing up or I don't know... he was stung by a bee and was allergic... or whatever... and she panicked and didn't know what to do. Otherwise, the cold blood... that's some serious serious cold blood.

I also wonder too how a child can be missing from school all day and no one notice. Yes, there is the unconfirmed dr. appt. thing.... but even at that, wouldn't a teacher think, "Wow, Kyron's dr. appointment is taking a long time!"?

I'm just hoping that LE , et. al do not have tunnel vision with this case.

Forgive me, as this is my first post here (though I've been reading here for years with various cases that catch my attention).

For TH to take Kyron to school, fake a dr's appointment (as that seems to be floating around out there), take him from the school and then kill him in cold blood, she would have to be a sociopath. That's something premeditated... like for a long time. It's also not something we see a lot from moms unless they're dealing with Post-partum psychosis.

IMHO it's more likely that *if* poor Kyron is no longer with us (God, I hope he is) and TH is involved, it would have been an accident and she's covering it up. Maybe she ran over him backing up or I don't know... he was stung by a bee and was allergic... or whatever... and she panicked and didn't know what to do. Otherwise, the cold blood... that's some serious serious cold blood.

I also wonder too how a child can be missing from school all day and no one notice. Yes, there is the unconfirmed dr. appt. thing.... but even at that, wouldn't a teacher think, "Wow, Kyron's dr. appointment is taking a long time!"?

I for a long time thought this. But the fact that his body has not turned up has caused me to rule this out. A dead body is quite difficult to get rid of when you are caught off guard. The way the vehicle was taken and other such things like the cadaver dogs not picking up a scent lead me to believe this was premeditated. If she had disposed of the body it would have turned up by now. She'd also likely have broken down at some point and revealed something. MOO

bolding mine>

I thought the restraining order against her had stipulations of where she can not go.

Except to the places the RO prohibits her from going. The RO doesn't preclude her going to other cities or towns in OR, or to other states, or to other countries does it?

This is getting weirder by the minute...took the truck to pick up the science project...Kaine arrives home notices his wife parked in front of the computer ...they need to get Kyron organized to go to his mom's for the weekend..perhaps she is so engrossed in her FB or whatever that he and little K start down to the bus stop. Not to excuse him, but I have a theory that he was so over the way she had let herself go that he probably rolls his eyes and wonders what the heck shes been doing on the computer all day...icecream is probably the bribe to get everyone happy to go for a car ride...My gut instinct is that whatever she was doing that day...it feels a lot more like the way you cover up an affair than a murder. She left the door wide open by not getting the project picked up. I am thinking she has a lot of internet "dates" and was off doing something of that nature...she is probably guilty of terrible judgment- and I wouldnt be surprised if she was into some pretty freaky stuff as far as maybe she was out on SI doing something Kaine wouldnt like... having an illicit affair...but her desire to cover this up may just be because she is busted for being an adulteress. I bet DY is all over her because she knows that THM is a little morally relaxed...I dont know if I paint her for a killer..where was little K? I am thinking that she is guilty of probably a lot of internet activity of a sexual nature, that when Kaine didn't want her anymore the internet became her outlet to feel desired and she was probably acting on it the morning she left Kyron at school. However, because she may have exposed her info to some people on the internet ...I am thinking she put Kyron in harms way...as in she FB friended some sleaze that saw Kyrons pics, made plans with her to meet out on SI, but was actually waiting at the school to steal little Kyron. I pray I am wrong.But I just think she seems to spacey to plan and conceal a murder. I also think the whole landscaper thing was some sort of come on.. like I wish you could off my hubby so we could be together? People say and do stupid things, I think she is super dumb and exposed her son to someone that grabbed him...she was probably sitting in a motel 8 somewhere waiting on her internet bf and he was at school grabbing Kyron. sorry I am rambling

IMHO

Either TH is the most unfortunate being since Job, or where there is smoke there is fire.

1) The mysterious doctor's appointment and the intended reason it was scheduled, and the when or even if it exists
2) The miscommunication that occured so no one at the school was prompted to call the home and report Kyron absent
3) The need for a truck that was never used for its borrowed purpose
4) A cell phone that pings at will
5) The inability to weave an alibi to allow your family to know you too are a victim of this horrific tragedy.

She's either living the Job-effect or a premeditated plan that will eventually unravel.

Most importantly, please come home, Kyron. We're all praying for you!

I am starting to think that TH was somehow used by someone to get to Kyron. My theory is she and Kaine have been on the rocks for a while - they are living married but he's looking into an open marriage, shes feeling like a huge victim. On line she finds plenty of "friends" that will tell her whatever she wants to hear, maybe she gets in to some stuff that is deviant...who knows... but she is sitting in froont of the computer and not working out - making plans- she has a little text a thon with the landscaper where she tries to make him feel bad for her - how legitimate was the MFH plan? OD we think hes just come forward to talk about it now because he wants a little limelight? Anyway - shes on line chatting or whatever, makes a plan to meet up with her new love interest (needs the truck - less noticeable - easier to navigate out on SI - maybe they are going to go fool around out in the woods) New BF is actually stalking Kyron. When this all starts shes back pedaling like mad trying to cover her *advertiser censored*, because she has been telling some tales about who and where she was (maybe she went to Albertsons to buy picnic food) who knows.. Kaine doesnt realize the extent of her fantasy world and all of a sudden it turns out she hasnt been doing what she said she was..I know it sounds too easy but women like TH need male reassurance, She wasnt getting it at home so she found it online. I hope to God whoever targeted her /Kyron is going to be traced. just a thought

IMHO

Either TH is the most unfortunate being since Job, or where there is smoke there is fire.

1) The mysterious doctor's appointment and the intended reason it was scheduled, and the when or even if it exists
2) The miscommunication that occured so no one at the school was prompted to call the home and report Kyron absent
5) The inability to weave an alibi to allow your family to know you too are a victim of this horrific tragedy.

She's either living the Job-effect or a premeditated plan that will eventually unravel.

I have to agree with you. She is either one of those unfortunate souls like Richard Ricci, Richard Jewell, Archie/Ruth Lunsford and Steve Greone who were falsely accused by the public and the media or she is guilty of being involved in Kyron's disappearance.

imo

If Terri is innocent of everything except poor presentation skills (i.e. how she presents herself to the public in times of crisis) and an inability to provide a verifiable timeline and alibi for her time on June 4th, then I think LE is in trouble. I think they are still trying to find someone who saw her leaving with Kyron, or outside with Kyron and have been unable to do so. If they can't prove that, I am not sure they can prove anything against her. Scary, whether it's her or someone yet unknown, as that would be key.

Welcome and excellent first post. :)

Good points.

His missing from the school like that has always bugged me. He was there - &
poof not there - and no one said beans about it?

Also, not saying this necessarily applies to TH, but I wonder what the stats are, out of curiosity, on females suffering with post-partum issues (pychosis, depression...) who kill non-biological children (ie step-kids.) And also what the time frame is on that condition after the birth, that is, as far as typical
onset and duration.

IMHO

So far as I know, there has been no evidence released about the appointment by anyone really in a position to know. There has been speculation by friends-of and random internet postings but no real evidence.

I read the Skyline School handbook (posted by Calliope in the reference forum). There are policies that parents are asked to follow regarding absences but there is absolutely nothing written about "if your child is absent without a previous excuse, we will contact you, blah blah blah."

In other possible situations, like delayed start days, child injured at school, etc, they do talk about how they will contact the parents.

I wish I could remember the media source now but at some point, some school official indicated that there just wasn't a problem with truancy at the school. The oldest grade is eight, so there was no problem with students being able to drive. The school is not within easy walking distance of, well, anything that might attract a kid, like a mall, video arcade, fast food, etc.

I'm not convinced that there was any particular effort needed to prevent a call to the home. The school just doesn't seem to have a policy of doing so or a previous need to do so.

All of which tend to implicate her but are not proof, in my opinion, of guilt.

The problem is that in court, it generally requires more proof than mere opportunity. The cell phone pings are suggestive but without a body, well, so she was probably on Sauvie Island, it's not like that is illegal.

Or she's going through what 255 people convicted and then exonerated went through. Eighteen of those people spent time on death row before they were exonerated.

TH could be an incredible narcissist, could have no qualms whatsoever about a sexual liason behind her husbands back now and then should the opportunity arise. She could be a despicable woman who came in between Dy and KH's marriage while DY was pregnant, and caused the whole divorce, we have no idea. Maybe Kyron being under her care, plus her romance and marriage to Kaine was a "ha ha, I win" in TH's mind. She not only won DY's husband but her child as well. Maybe shes just a vindictive B**** like that, we don't know.
Maybe she was so unhappy in her marriage, or mentally unbalanced, or whatever, that she planned to have Kaine killed. Or at least made a weak attempt at a plan. Maybe has some nefarious activities shes been involved in that caused her to lie about where she really was after the science fair that day. Maybe she has no knowledge or involvement in Kyrons disappearance at all and is now losing her marriage, her home, her own biological daughter, her older son, Kyrons gone, she has no job or prospects for any way to support herself because she has ruined her own reputation as someone who could be trusted to be a FT teacher due to her child endangerment problem & DUI. Plus, we have een told several times by people who know her very well (KH, DY, TY) that she is a consummate liar. Terris friends praise her mothering, etc but did they know shes a liar most of the time about matters large and small, and that her wonderful mothering could have been a big charade?

If innocent of anything to do with Kyron, this would make TH the most unlucky person in the world right now. I am not a betting person but I would place the odds on her being involved. jmo

From what has been learned the texting-sexting happened 4 days after Kaine had moved out, left her and took her child. Since his full intentions was to divorce her, I don't think she had an affair behind his back. If he was divorcing her he shouldn't care what she does with whomever. It sure wouldn't be the first man or woman that wanted to show their soon to be ex-spouse that they could find another man or woman pronto.

As far as the possibility that she was the one Kaine may have cheated with when he was with Desiree makes her no more despicable than he would have been if it is so. I am sure she didn't have to hogtie him if he went with her before his divorce. No man or woman can be stolen away from their spouse, imo. They cheated because they wanted to cheat.

From what I read she had renewed her teaching license in Feb. 2010. She got the DUI five years ago. Imo, if she was thought of as untrustworthy Skyline wouldnt have let her be around the children at their school teaching them their reading skills for almost three years.

Since I have never even seen or heard this woman speak I cannot say with any certainty that she is a liar. We have only heard a very one sided story and there are always two sides. And we are into the 6 weeks now and nothing at all has been proved.

Oh there has been other people, who I am sure thought they had to be the unluckiest people in the world at the time, since they were being falsely accused of a crime. Richard Ricci, Richard Jewell, the Van Dams, Steve Greone and Archie Lunsford and the list goes on......along with hundreds of people who has been in prison for decades for a crime they didn't commit. Were they unlucky souls? Absolutely........and it wouldn't be the first case where a person was tried in advance by the media and in the court of public opinion even before an arrest.

I am very much a betting person but on this case I am going to rely solely on what evidence LE says they have in this case and to date they have said very little.

IMO

I took a Criminal law course once and the teacher told us that usually the cops know what happened pretty quickly (whoops I think I posted this already) but they have to put together a case. A key element in such a case is statements from TH herself. If she's clammed up then it's much harder. And all the commentary by the other family members is creating a trial in the media which can actually help her in a defense case.

One thing this teacher also told us is how to get away with murder. He said you should simply drive across the state boarder and dispose of the body there. I doubt that would work in a missing child case but back then this is what people could do since they didn't have a national missing persons database. I assume now they would.

But this case truly is a needle in a haystack. If anyone snatched him they could simply take him deep into a forrest and bury his body and we'd never find him. poor guy. I keep hoping that DY knows something we dont' and whoever has him just does the right thing and drops him off.

True, most times cops know pretty quickly, but sometimes not. And sometimes they're just wrong.

I've tried to put myself in Terri's shoes, with the assumtion that she IS innocent. Would I clam up and not talk? Would I avoid the media like the plague? Would I run out and hire a criminal defense attorney?
Or would I stand up and declare my innocence to the world?
I honestly don't know. Some people would be standing on their rooftops shouting they're innocent to everyone within hearing... others would be holing up inside their house and cringing every time the doorbell or the phone rings.
If she comes out now and tries to convince everyone she is innocent... no one is going to believe her. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Either way, a lot of folk have already convicted her and are not going to change their minds, no matter what she does.

If Terri did not have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance, I do worry that the real perp will never be caught. Not unless he\she does it again, and I'd almost prefer he\she not be caught as to do it again.

There is so much against Terri now.

I DO put weight in the DUI even though it was long ago.

The sexting with the NEIGHBOR who knew her HUSBAND? That's someone who is very off-centered and not focused on finding a child.

The alleged murder for hire plot- I am not convinced about this. The gardener never called the police. When he showed up, Terri called 911 TWICE. Without hearing the 911 calls, I will say it is possible she really was concerned that he might have had something to do with Kyron's disappearance and maybe this supposed murder for hire is not what it seems.

Someone help me with this:

She raised Kyron since he was a baby. Why would she hurt him now, an innocent child? She wanted to be a teacher. She was by all accounts very involved with him and his school activities, much more than the average parent.

Remembering that she was very involved and well known in the school, if she DID want to harm him, why in the world would she choose this venue? Why not a place that was much less likely for her to be seen.

Also, the time frame bothers me. She was at the school until at least 9am, and then Kaine said she was home with the baby what- around 1:30?

I am still on the fence. I don't know why. I knew from square 1 that ICA was guilty.

If Terri did not have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance, I do worry that the real perp will never be caught. Not unless he\she does it again, and I'd almost prefer he\she not be caught as to do it again.

There is so much against Terri now.

I DO put weight in the DUI even though it was long ago.

The sexting with the NEIGHBOR who knew her HUSBAND? That's someone who is very off-centered and not focused on finding a child.

The alleged murder for hire plot- I am not convinced about this. The gardener never called the police. When he showed up, Terri called 911 TWICE. Without hearing the 911 calls, I will say it is possible she really was concerned that he might have had something to do with Kyron's disappearance and maybe this supposed murder for hire is not what it seems.

Someone help me with this:

She raised Kyron since he was a baby. Why would she hurt him now, an innocent child? She wanted to be a teacher. She was by all accounts very involved with him and his school activities, much more than the average parent.

Remembering that she was very involved and well known in the school, if she DID want to harm him, why in the world would she choose this venue? Why not a place that was much less likely for her to be seen.

Also, the time frame bothers me. She was at the school until at least 9am, and then Kaine said she was home with the baby what- around 1:30?

I am still on the fence. I don't know why. I knew from square 1 that ICA was guilty.

I'm right there with you on that fence, even though most things point to TH.

The "sexting" well I'm hard pushed to come up with a reasonable explanation on why she would indulge in this behaviour while your child is missing. On it's own it is irrelevant but the timing could not be worse. I have to assume that among the actual "sexting" there were some other conversations, perhaps MC led her on and she was desperate to be close to someone...even then i'm stretching my ability to fathom it due to the circumstances. I bolded your comment as KH has said this is not a friend it was someone he went to school with, a neighbour who appeared in their lives after Kyron went missing. I surmise he reached out to both KH & TH at the same time, perhaps Th was more receptive to him.

The MFH plot seems so obscure without seeing the evidence Le actually has and the actual details of what transpired. I have the same questions regarding why it was never called in before and TH calling 911.

She may have raised Kyron since he was a toddler and been outwardly involved but we have no way of knowing how Th actually treated Kyron while they were alone it may not have been what was portrayed to others. We do have DY stating that Kyron often broke down sobbing when leaving and wanted to come live with them. It really could go both ways loving SM or all a show. As for being a teacher that in NO WAY excludes her from behaving badly towards a child being a decent human being does.

I also bolded the question on the venue as when it comes down to it i cannot think of a better alibi than your child being at school in the care of the state. For me it is something that set this whole case apart kids do not vanish from school or let me rephrase by saying no child should ever vanish from school. If we feel our children are not safe in school where are they safe?? If TH is responsible then i feel this fact (the choice of venue) was a very clever choice and shows this was well thought out. It is actually the one point that I cannot just get past. It sets up for some very credible witnesses to where Kyron was that morning and almost makes it implausible that she could have taken him. This truly scares me in either scenario that A) someone could walk in and take a child with no one noticing in one of the places we all feel our children should be safe. B) that TH is that devious.

The time frame is tight and why i think LE are all over it with surveillance videos and re interviewing. Radell Hunter had a good geographical profile on the timeline that really narrows it down. For me going with that profile I would have to go with a well planned event and not an covered up accident in TH is involved.

Link to that profile

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5571734/kyron_horman_update_surveillance_video.html?cat=25

JMO..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back