If you could give a victim impact statement, what would you say?

I have a particularly hard time with all this because I have a daughter that is just a little older than Caylee.

On my daughter's third birthday, I remember hoping and praying that little Caylee would be home safe and sound, eating cake and opening presents in celebration of her own third birthday.

On my daughter's fourth and fifth birthdays I couldn't help but think of what Caylee would look like, what she would be interested in, basically wondering what kind of person she would be turning into, and feeling so sad that she was robbed of all of that.

My daughter started kindergarten this past fall, and Caylee should have been starting kindergarten as well.

It makes me furiously angry and desperately sad at the same time. Should haves, could have beens, and might haves all stolen from an INNOCENT and precious little girl.

You deserved so, SO much better than what you were dealt, little angel.

Caylee Marie was not my daughter, my granddaughter or my niece. I can't pretend that her life and death impacted me in the way I'm sure it impacted many who knew her personally. Still, I share my experience to demonstrate the affects of this horrible crime.

I was suprised and sad when I found out Caylee was missing. As the months went by, I followed the case hoping that statistics would be proved wrong, and Caylee would come home to her family safe and sound. In the meantime, my daily life went on. I had real world concerns to attend to. One of those real world concerns was a friend of mine who was waiting for a liver transplant. Because of his condition he could not do everything around the house that an otherwise healthy husband might do. So, from time to time my husband and I and other family friends would do what we could to help him and his family.

So it was that I came to be in my friend's living room one night in December. I drove there straight from work and said hello to the others gathered there to help with the project of replacing the bath in the bathroom. My eyes were suddenly drawn to the television hanging on the wall, and I couldn't believe the caption on the news story: Caylee had been found. In a trashbag. Discarded. Alone.

This news would have been sad in and of itself. However, it hit me like a brick where I stood. One year ago, I had stood in this same room, in practically the same spot, saying goodbye to another beautiful little girl. I knew at the time that Natalie's cancer was winning. Her hospital bed from hospice was in the living room where the couch once stood. I had brought her a music box because she couldn't get up to play anymore and I thought maybe that would be something she could still enjoy even if she was too weak to play. Three days after that visit I stood there again, comforting her parents after she had left us. She was six.

Watching that television, I knew I couldn't stay. I made apologies and excuses and left for home, crying most of the way. I just couldn't get over how many years my friends spent in different hospitals, different doctors and treatments, going to the ends of the Earth to save their little girl, and the fact that a healthy Caylee's life was cut short for no reason. I couldn't get past Natalie's last days and how everyone was there for her 24/7, and that she died with her parents holding her hands and comforting her and that Caylee was thrown in a trunk. I couldn't get past seeing her in the casket in her favorite "princess" dress, and all the balloons that adorned the funeral home because she loved balloons, and Caylee was put in a trashbag in the woods alone.

I don't think I would have connected these two events were it not for happening to be right there when Caylee was found. From a personal standpoint, Natalie's death will always be more painful for me because she was someone I knew and loved. However from a human standpoint, Caylee's is infinitely more painful because Caylee did NOT have to die. She did not have to be discarded like trash. Caylee did not deserve a death sentence. She was shown no mercy. It is my fervent hope that justice will prevail and such a tragic loss will not go unpunished.

There is still hope and good in the world. My friend did eventually get his liver transplant. Some anonymous family, facing the pain of their own loss, made a choice to consider the pain of another, and give a miraculous gift to another family they have never known. As a community, this is what untold numbers across the globe have come together to do for Caylee. Much has been made of the sensational coverage of this case. I hear comments from time to time about our spectator society. I can only say that the day that we don't care when a crime like this occurs, is the day I will have lost some faith in our world. We could not help her when she needed help, but we're here now, and we can make sure that she will never again be forgotten, discarded, ignored. We will do what we can for her, and today that is to demand justice for Caylee.

I really am crying over your post. My uncle died waiting for a liver transplant. God Bless you and God bless that little girl and her family. And God bless Caylee.

For the last week or so, every night I've had a weird dream about courts, the law, someone being in trouble- the same theme... comes from watching the broadcast all week I suppose.
But last night I dreamed that I was in Court, watching the ICA trial, when a kindergarten teacher came in and proceeded to walk all of her little children around the court, past JB and ICA.
When HHJP asked her what she thought she was doing there, she told him this was the class that Caylee would have belonged to..
I can't tell you how odd and sad I felt when I woke up. That would be a victim statement of a sort...

ZZ that would be a very powerful impact statement!! Oh my! If it could only happen!

ZZ that would be a very powerful impact statement!! Oh my! If it could only happen!

It is one of those dreams that stay with you... usually I have forgotten what I dreamed about after an hour or so, but I keep thinking of this one.:tears:

the start of this thread says is you could give one.. does that mean me? anyone else? because obviously the immediate family has lost sight of this.

think back to the memorial.. where they (LEE spokesperson) talks obviously to the ALIVE Casey..

C M A.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, NEVER NEVER refer to Caylee as C M A or in any other way other than in her given name.

If anything I would hope the defense opens with this. The family covert conversation to Casey during the supposed memorial to Caylee....

They need to open with this and then play the jail house visit tapes and follow it with Cindy saying there was a body in the damn car.

the start of this thread says is you could give one.. does that mean me? anyone else? because obviously the immediate family has lost sight of this.

think back to the memorial.. where they (LEE spokesperson) talks obviously to the ALIVE Casey..

C M A.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, NEVER NEVER refer to Caylee as C M A or in any other way other than in her given name.

If anything I would hope the defense opens with this. The family covert conversation to Casey during the supposed memorial to Caylee....

They need to open with this and then play the jail house visit tapes and follow it with Cindy saying there was a body in the damn car.

Well said and ITA!

I've been thinking a lot more about this since last night and found that I had a little more to say...

Her name was Caylee Marie.

She didn't ask to be born, didn't get to choose who her family would be.

She didn't want any more than what she deserved...to be cared for, to be loved, loved by her family as much as she loved them.

There are millions of women on this earth (myself included) who find themselves pregnant before they are ready. Find that their lives will soon be drastically changed forever. Women that worry how they are ever going to fit a baby into their lives, wonder how they are supposed to suddenly turn into a mom when they have no idea what the he77 they're doing.

and for the vast majority of those women, all of that falls by the wayside as soon as that precious baby is put into their arms. It no longer matters that your entire life has changed because that little baby IS your life now...and you figure out that you're not only ok with that, but thrilled. Thrilled that you get to be Mom to the tiny angel who just stole your heart away forever.

That is how it's SUPPOSED to be. all that was expected of Casey is the same that is expected of every other mom in the world. Love and care for your child. If you can't, find someone who will...that is why adoption exists.

I blame Cindy almost as much as I blame Casey, for interfering with Casey's desire to put Caylee up for adoption. If Cindy had let Casey do it, or if Casey grew a backbone and went against Cindy, then the world would still have little Caylee Marie.

Rest in peace, little angel...justice is on the way.

Bumping this. How many here feel GA will give an impact statement, and will it be for Casey or for Caylee?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmXyZY1l42M"]YouTube - ‪"Gone Too Soon" Caylee Video Montage Played At Memorial‬‏[/ame]

Personally, I wonder what the victim's own family would say... Aren't George and Cindy in a spot! WILL they give a victim's impact statement, and if so, will they truly give a voice to Caylee, will they give a voice to the profound pain and fear that has been woven into the lives of their family and beyond?

I cannot imagine how GA and CA will be able to reconcile their support and belief in KC's "innocence" with the void of Caylee's absence that has, at the same time, been created by KC.

Or will they turn the opportunity of giving a victim's impact statement into some kind of stage for venting about how KC isn't guilty, was Mother of the Year and so on. It certainly remains to be seen, and how interesting it will be.

you are so right. wow...we'll just have to wait and see. i know for me, that statement was the last opportunity i had to do something for my daughter.

i find that i don't even want to speculate about it. just wait and see.

i have not been engaged in this case as long as many on this board. i wonder if among you long-timers, are there people who searched for Caylee (it seems like i've read some posts that speak to that)?

i'm wondering if you may have an opportunity to give a statement to the court at the sentencing. i don't know how it works in FL, my daughter was killed in CA, but the judge at her killer's sentencing allowed every person there who wished to speak, a chance to do so. Eight people, including both of her parents, her brother, her aunt, her cousin, and friends, all gave victim impact statements.

at the time my MADD woman said it depended on the judge. some would insist on brevity and a limited number of speakers, some would allow as many as wished to deliver a statement.

so maybe some of you will have the opportunity to say these words to Caylee's murderer.

Caylee Marie was not my daughter, my granddaughter or my niece. I can't pretend that her life and death impacted me in the way I'm sure it impacted many who knew her personally. Still, I share my experience to demonstrate the affects of this horrible crime.

I was suprised and sad when I found out Caylee was missing. As the months went by, I followed the case hoping that statistics would be proved wrong, and Caylee would come home to her family safe and sound. In the meantime, my daily life went on. I had real world concerns to attend to. One of those real world concerns was a friend of mine who was waiting for a liver transplant. Because of his condition he could not do everything around the house that an otherwise healthy husband might do. So, from time to time my husband and I and other family friends would do what we could to help him and his family.

So it was that I came to be in my friend's living room one night in December. I drove there straight from work and said hello to the others gathered there to help with the project of replacing the bath in the bathroom. My eyes were suddenly drawn to the television hanging on the wall, and I couldn't believe the caption on the news story: Caylee had been found. In a trashbag. Discarded. Alone.

This news would have been sad in and of itself. However, it hit me like a brick where I stood. One year ago, I had stood in this same room, in practically the same spot, saying goodbye to another beautiful little girl. I knew at the time that Natalie's cancer was winning. Her hospital bed from hospice was in the living room where the couch once stood. I had brought her a music box because she couldn't get up to play anymore and I thought maybe that would be something she could still enjoy even if she was too weak to play. Three days after that visit I stood there again, comforting her parents after she had left us. She was six.

Watching that television, I knew I couldn't stay. I made apologies and excuses and left for home, crying most of the way. I just couldn't get over how many years my friends spent in different hospitals, different doctors and treatments, going to the ends of the Earth to save their little girl, and the fact that a healthy Caylee's life was cut short for no reason. I couldn't get past Natalie's last days and how everyone was there for her 24/7, and that she died with her parents holding her hands and comforting her and that Caylee was thrown in a trunk. I couldn't get past seeing her in the casket in her favorite "princess" dress, and all the balloons that adorned the funeral home because she loved balloons, and Caylee was put in a trashbag in the woods alone.

I don't think I would have connected these two events were it not for happening to be right there when Caylee was found. From a personal standpoint, Natalie's death will always be more painful for me because she was someone I knew and loved. However from a human standpoint, Caylee's is infinitely more painful because Caylee did NOT have to die. She did not have to be discarded like trash. Caylee did not deserve a death sentence. She was shown no mercy. It is my fervent hope that justice will prevail and such a tragic loss will not go unpunished.

There is still hope and good in the world. My friend did eventually get his liver transplant. Some anonymous family, facing the pain of their own loss, made a choice to consider the pain of another, and give a miraculous gift to another family they have never known. As a community, this is what untold numbers across the globe have come together to do for Caylee. Much has been made of the sensational coverage of this case. I hear comments from time to time about our spectator society. I can only say that the day that we don't care when a crime like this occurs, is the day I will have lost some faith in our world. We could not help her when she needed help, but we're here now, and we can make sure that she will never again be forgotten, discarded, ignored. We will do what we can for her, and today that is to demand justice for Caylee.

kc anthony should listen to this at her sentencing hearing. it is beautiful, every word.

Putting myself in the ultimate victim's shoes, Caylee herself:

I will never feel the sunshine on my face, I will never run at the beach, I will never be able to swim with Cee Cee, nor will I learn to swim on my own, I will never go for a walk with JoJo again, I will never go to preschool, I will never learn to read and write, I will never be a teenager, I will never discover my talents, I will never fall in love, I will never get married, I will never have children, I will never play, ski, fly, dance, laugh. Never.

I will never feel your hugs again, and I can never hug you back.

Bumping this. How many here feel GA will give an impact statement, and will it be for Casey or for Caylee?

Tulessa I would hope that after hearing GA's testimony, seeing him break down on the witness stand, that he his victim impact statement would be for our angel Caylee Marie.

I'm kinda of the opinion that when GA "washed his hands" after leaving the witness stand for the last time that he meant he is D.O.N.E. with Casey. At least I'm hoping that's what it meant.

I think CA will go to her grave proclaiming ICA's innocence but I also believe that GA has finally seen the truth and it ain't pretty.

caylee, are you tired angel baby? if heaven is a place that one can know all the answers to why, does it make any level of understanding more forgiving? do you know the world has no way to know the truth from lies told ? maybe a few , yet not enough to be able to say -oh- thats why she took your life away . does heaven let you grow up and fall in love with another angel? will loved ones who died be there beside you to hug you when you feel you miss jo-jo and ci-ci? does heaven have teenagers who dance- talk on cell phones, wear first lipstick and proms? does heaven let you experience being a mom and holding your first born ? can you be a bit of a snot nose and tell your mom - do you ever think of me and be able to raise your eyebrows up and look like your mom does when she wants attention? does heaven let you play with your momma doll - can it duplicate it for you? your puppy dogs?
can you ever sit in the court room in spirit and look at all the advocated for justice and not want To scream out- hey mom- I AM DEAD BUT YOU DID NOT KILL MY SOUL!! CAN YOU SIT BESIDE CASEY YOUR MOM AND SLIGHTLY MAKE HER AWARE YOU ARE STILL ABLE TO MAKE HER FEEL SHE NEEDS HELP ? if a chill runs thru her bones, if she feels a touch on her shoulder, a breath in her ear, a hand touching her , a sence of feeling your very existence is still alive in your soul- you have accomplished an angel spirit connection to her. its hard to be an angel when surrounded by evil- but you are an angel forever in many peoples hearts, we will help you .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back