If your child were murdered…

Your reaction? Does it matter?

• My reaction would be closer to the Goldmans.

Votes: 86 73.5%
  • My reaction would be closer to the Ramseys.

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Behavior subsequent to a crime is relevant with respect to guilt or innocence.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • Behavior subsequent to a crime is irrelevant with respect to guilt or innocence.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
I wouldn't rest until the killer was caught, and i would be practically harassing the police about finding the culprit. I wouldn't be angry at the media, i would be begging them to help me, trust me my anger would be at the killer instead of the paps. I would not forget a thing about the events, days, minutes, food, clothing, bathing, sleeping child carried in when arrived home with or awake child walking in, i would not lie if my son were awake or asleep during 911 calls, i would give them the clothing off my back and my whole wardrobe immediately to test, i would not phone half of boulder or anywhere or anyone to trample over my home if i woke to a ransom note, i would demand that my daughter be exhumed to find clues and re tested, not have investigators guessing what her injuries are from photo's. I wouldn't move across the country, i'd be right there in the community all eyes and all ears. I would visit her grave every day and keep it pristine and to hope she knew i was there and loving her. I would want to keep an eye on who else was visiting her grave - just in case. I'd be torn in half with pain and held together with determination to find the killer and anger at the killer because that person made my daughter suffer and blew her life out like a candle, oh i'd be livid as hell at the person. I wouldn't be in hiding. Compared to the R's, for me it's more about what i wouldn't do.

Yes. Exactly. Their actions were not right. No matter what lack of proof or DNA evidence to convict them, this is not how parents of a murdered and raped child would prioritize their behavior.
Their priority was to save their own skin.
Also Burkes’ Smirk.
That is Dupers’ Delight.
O.J. had that same smirk.
When I saw that smirk, I knew. And you cannot change my mind.
They didn’t ‘Get Away With’ ANYTHING -just like Patsy said. But I don’t think Patsy had internalized her statements - she was merely trying to direct attention away from herself. When she was talking about how G-d knew who raped and murdered Jonbenet.
But anyway, there is a G-d. And he did see everything. And the soul will confess its’ guilt to Him. We are all here to learn and evolve and become stronger.
Time. Only Time.

Their reaction isn't even in the neighborhood of normal. And no mother, none, nada, no one is going to be able to leave her child who WAS JUST FOUND and get on a plane. No one.

However, if that mother had a hand in the death - different story; and if that mother had some 12 hours to sit with this thing - different story.

In it up to her ears

I have tried, on occasion to go back and really try to look at this case as if the R's were innocent. The two things that immediately stop any real consideration of this are the ransom note and the parents behavior from the very beginning.

I don't think John was involved in the killing or the staging. However, I believe he started to put the pieces together very quickly that morning. Whether he thought it was Patsy or Burke, I have no idea, but he did start participating in the cover up early on, IMO.

I thin the reason Patsy started inviting half of Boulder over that morning was to provide "cover" from John confronting her. My suspicion is that the RN screamed "Patsy wrote this" at him, just as it does to many others. However, with a house full of friends and LE, he could not, or would not, confront her.

Nothing about the parents behavior was remotely normal. You do everything you can to cooperate with LE so they can eliminate you and move on to the actual killer. IF you innocent. .

If my child were murdered.... not hell or heaven could keep me from finding the killer. I'd take every interview option available. I'd knock on every door I could and Lord have mercy on the killer. They'd be better off getting arrested before I got to them.

I have tried, on occasion to go back and really try to look at this case as if the R's were innocent. The two things that immediately stop any real consideration of this are the ransom note and the parents behavior from the very beginning.

I don't think John was involved in the killing or the staging. However, I believe he started to put the pieces together very quickly that morning. Whether he thought it was Patsy or Burke, I have no idea, but he did start participating in the cover up early on, IMO.

I thin the reason Patsy started inviting half of Boulder over that morning was to provide "cover" from John confronting her. My suspicion is that the RN screamed "Patsy wrote this" at him, just as it does to many others. However, with a house full of friends and LE, he could not, or would not, confront her.

Nothing about the parents behavior was remotely normal. You do everything you can to cooperate with LE so they can eliminate you and move on to the actual killer. IF you innocent. .

chlban,
I agree that Patsy inviting friends over was part of the staging, but to prevent John from asking awkward questions, maybe?

Assuming you are right, in the absence of direct communication, how does John know what to say when asked questions about the crime-scene, the basement, etc?

How come John has all the answers regarding items in the basement, if he is not involved why was he in a hurry to flee by plane interstate?

chlban,
I agree that Patsy inviting friends over was part of the staging, but to prevent John from asking awkward questions, maybe?

Assuming you are right, in the absence of direct communication, how does John know what to say when asked questions about the crime-scene, the basement, etc?

How come John has all the answers regarding items in the basement, if he is not involved why was he in a hurry to flee by plane interstate?

I don't think John did a particularly good job of answering questions that morning. He volunteered that he had broken the
window when locked out of the house, thereby eliminating what would have been a perfect "point of entrance" for the imaginary intruder. As far as being in a hurry to flee by plane, I do think he was immediately suspicious upon seeing the ransom note. Maybe he feared/suspected Burke had been responsible, knowing he was a troubled child. Maybe he suspected Patsy had done it and was still willing to protect her.

I consider John absolutely complicit. He was willing to immediately begin lying instead of looking for justice for his daughter.
If he did think Burke was involved, that is a bit more understandable, but if it was Patsy it is inexcusable. Not trying to portray him as a good guy, I think he is scum. After following this case since day one, albeit not to the degree of intensity some others here have, and reading all the books, I still always end up back at the Steve Thomas theory. Patsy lost it, caused the head injury, then either thought she was dead, or knew there was no way out even if she was not, staged the rest of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back