IL IL - Amelia 'Molly' Zelko, 47, Joliet, 25 Sept 1957

#UP2304

Based on an earlier post, is there any validity or proof against her having been taken to or went to Florida? Also, is there any information regarding her ever having surgeries or any surgery-related scars?

I've found a Jane Doe, that while not perfect, is a potential match. However, she was found in Florida. Overall, her facial features and hair style are similar. She has roughly the same height, weight, hair color, and age. She was found with two "white-metal" bracelets and while no diamond ring, instead she wore a flower ring that originally contained 17 stones. At the time of discovery, 8 of the stones are missing.

While all of this is still circumstantial, there is one last thing, that really caught my eye. When she was found, the Jane Doe had a concrete cement block, attached by rope, to her right foot. From everything I've ever learned about mob related killings, this definitely falls in line evidence-wise and also, seems to show a degree of planning in her concealment. Unfortunately for her killer, she still managed to surface and be discovered in the harbor.

While Amelia went missing in 1957, this Jane Doe was found on March 4th, 1961 and the PMI is roughly 2 days. From reviewing Namus, the Jane Doe has not been ruled out as being Amelia.

So while maybe still a stretch, if we entertain the idea of her winding up in Florida and not being killed right away, then the possibility of her being this Jane Doe is, in my mind, definitely there. Please let me know your thoughts!

If we don't believe Jane Doe is Amelia, then my alternatives are:
#MP21421
#MP11013

Last edited:
#UP2304

Based on an earlier post, is there any validity or proof against her having been taken to or went to Florida? Also, is there any information regarding her ever having surgeries or any surgery-related scars?

I've found a Jane Doe, that while not perfect, is a potential match. However, she was found in Florida. Overall, her facial features and hair style are similar. She has roughly the same height, weight, hair color, and age. She was found with two "white-metal" bracelets and while no diamond ring, instead she wore a flower ring that originally contained 17 stones. At the time of discovery, 8 of the stones are missing.

While all of this is still circumstantial, there is one last thing, that really caught my eye. When she was found, the Jane Doe had a concrete cement block, attached by rope, to her right foot. From everything I've ever learned about mob related killings, this definitely falls in line evidence-wise and also, seems to show a degree of planning in her concealment. Unfortunately for her killer, she still managed to surface and be discovered in the harbor.

While Amelia went missing in 1957, this Jane Doe was found on March 4th, 1961 and the PMI is roughly 2 days. From reviewing Namus, the Jane Doe has not been ruled out as being Amelia.

So while maybe still a stretch, if we entertain the idea of her winding up in Florida and not being killed right away, then the possibility of her being this Jane Doe is, in my mind, definitely there. Please let me know your thoughts!

If we don't believe Jane Doe is Amelia, then my alternatives are:
#MP21421
#MP11013
I agree that UP2304 could be a match to Amelia. This is considering the rumors were true and she was in Florida for witness protection.

I wonder if the family may have photos of her with her jewelry as the ring that UID was wearing when found is quite unique.

Both are reported to have dark brown hair and the hairstyles (and forehead) look the same.

Age, height and weight are all within range (weight within a few pounds).

1695337313137.jpeg
1695337411180.jpeg1695337432114.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.