Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Bentley said that he spoke to his wife several times while she was on the trip, and she never mentioned that she was going to take a train back. He said plans originally had her returning by car with the same friend she had traveled with to the area.

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/06/01/r_nkuyipbgt1alha9capklq/index.xml

I would think she would have told her husband if she was planning to take a train.

Friendly reminder. Please do not take pictures from facebook and post them here when they are not involved with the case. We need to make sure we respect their privacy, even if the FB's are 'public'.

I've unapproved a few posts with FB pics that should not have been posted.

Pls let me know if you have any questions. Just send a PM. Thanks!

ETA: Please also remember our copy right policy. No more than 10% of an article plus the link. Thank you!

From what I'm reading:

Beth was with her friend J. J. claims that she was going to stay in S. Illinois an additional day, but Beth wanted to leave. J claims that she took Beth to the Amtrak station in Centralia, Ill., and dropped her off.

Beth's husband last talked to Beth at 6PM on the evening that she disappeared. According to the Amtrak schedule, the train would have departed Centralia a few minutes after 6PM, yet Beth never mentioned boarding a train or anything. No mention at all of anything to that effect.

Hope police are looking closely at Beth's friend and her boyfriend.

The Centralia station isn't really a station, but a platform. There are no ticket offices, no waiting area, not a depot at all, just a platform where you board the train.

This whole story really really stinks. I don't think that Beth's husband is involved in her disappearance at all, from what I've read in the past hour.

But Beth's friend with whom she was traveling--the same one who supposedly dropped Beth off at the Amtrak station--has already lawyered up and isn't speaking publicly about Beth's disappearance.

Crazy story!

I am thinking that LE knows more than the news articles are saying.
Beth Bentley leaves on a short trip with a girlfirend.
She is expected to travel back with the girlfriend.

Was there anyone else helping the gf's boyfriend rehab the house?
Where did they have lunch?
When was her cell phone last used?

The girlfriend says she 'drops Beth to catch a train.'
But she doesn't stay and make sure Beth is able to buy a ticket.
I would bet that there is no ticket cost on any of Beth's accounts.

IMO:
I am looking at that boyfriend.
And secondly at Beth's girl friend, who for some unknown reason,
is covering for the boy friend.

Pure speculation: Did an accident happen at the rehab house site?
Perhaps boy friend has troubles with the law and didn't want to call 911.
So, he talks the girl friend into covering up what happened?
This giving the benefit of the doubt to the girlfriend.

I hope that Beth Bentley comes home safe and sound.
But it is looking not so good after more than 2 weeks.

This story just doesn't add up. If she was supposed to take the train home unexpectedly, then she would have told her husband. He says they spoke many times that day and never once mentioned a train... fishy fishy. What's up with the friend???

To me I don't think her husband is involved either. I feel sad for him and her children. I hope she is found soon!

Good points dream. To add.
Why did the friend plan to stay over the extra day?
Has LE examined the house they were rehabbing?

Woodstock and Centralia aren't exactly 'close'. Why was the rehab property so far if Beth and her best friend both live in Woodstock? In this RE market there are tons and tons of properties to purchase as investments much closer than Centralia. Why Centralia?

I'd like to know what the friends cell phone activity was over the weekend. Particularly Sunday and around the time Beth went missing. Where was it pinging?
Does it show they were really near the train station?

Where did Beths phone ping on Sunday?

and why 2 gals and a guy rehabbing? who else was there rehabbing that weekend?

Where does the friends bf live? Is he from Centralia and they have a long distance relationship?

From what I'm reading:

Beth was with her friend J. J. claims that she was going to stay in S. Illinois an additional day, but Beth wanted to leave. J claims that she took Beth to the Amtrak station in Centralia, Ill., and dropped her off.

Beth's husband last talked to Beth at 6PM on the evening that she disappeared. According to the Amtrak schedule, the train would have departed Centralia a few minutes after 6PM, yet Beth never mentioned boarding a train or anything. No mention at all of anything to that effect.

Hope police are looking closely at Beth's friend and her boyfriend.

The Centralia station isn't really a station, but a platform. There are no ticket offices, no waiting area, not a depot at all, just a platform where you board the train.

This whole story really really stinks. I don't think that Beth's husband is involved in her disappearance at all, from what I've read in the past hour.

But Beth's friend with whom she was traveling--the same one who supposedly dropped Beth off at the Amtrak station--has already lawyered up and isn't speaking publicly about Beth's disappearance.

Crazy story!

bbm

Not good. I agree the story stinks.

I hate to ask this - but with the numerous inaccuracies we keep finding in the media - has it been confirmed Beth was actually seen at the Train station?

Where is it linked the friend is not cooperating and has lawyered up? (I'm still catching up on reading).

Angela Montgomery told ChicagoBreakingNews.com. "She's a serial caller, a serial texter."

Bentley was last seen at the Centralia train station where she planned to catch the 6:08 p.m. train to Union Station in Chicago. It is uncertain if Bentley got on the train at that station.

Montgomery, who is a family friend, hopes to raise awareness of Bentley's disappearance so someone who may have seen her either at the train station or aboard the train will contact the authorities, says the website.​

I hate to ask this - but with the numerous inaccuracies we keep finding in the media - has it been confirmed Beth was actually seen at the Train station?

Where is it linked the friend is not cooperating and has lawyered up? (I'm still catching up on reading).

There are lots of misleading news articles out there.
I don't think she was seen at the train station.
I think it is the word of her friend that she was there.

I also did not see the link about the friend not cooperating.
The FB link of the friend posted here on WS shows this friend actively trying to help Beth. I am not sure if that is the correct friend or not, because I have not seen her name in the news.

Note that there is a high degree of certainty that Beth did not get on the Amtrak train in Centralia as previously suggested. Her husband spoke with her several times over the weekend and he says she never told him she was going to take an Amtrak train home, and no one police have interviewed who rode the train Beth was to be on could say that they saw her on that train. More later.

http://www.bethismissing.com/

I found this statement from the website her friend has.

The change in plans between these two women seems to me to be most connected with the boyfriend. If I expected to get a ride in a car and ended up having to take a train, I wouldn't be a happy camper. I'd be discussing every aspect of the return trip with my spouse.

LE might have asked some pretty specific questions of her friend, which made her lawyer up right away. I'd be interested to know if the BF has also retained a lawyer.

Friend with whom Beth went away for the weekend, and who supposedly dropped her off at the Amtrak station:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1031154364&v=wall

She posted around April 8 that her ex shot up her grandmother's house and police found 20 rounds. WTF?

She and Beth are apparently very close friends who make lots of roadtrips together. It's just very curious to me why Beth wouldn't stay another day and ride back with J, who is supposedly her best friend.

This is apparently the FB page of the friend who dropped her off at the station.

Not sounding good at all! How about credit card activity - she would have used a credit card to purchase a train ticket.

And what about that ex-boyfriend - did I read right and he fired rounds of ammunition in a home. Yikes...:eek:

Friend with whom Beth went away for the weekend, and who supposedly dropped her off at the Amtrak station:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1031154364&v=wall

She posted around April 8 that her ex shot up her grandmother's house and police found 20 rounds. WTF?

She and Beth are apparently very close friends who make lots of roadtrips together. It's just very curious to me why Beth wouldn't stay another day and ride back with J, who is supposedly her best friend.

BBM
Shot up her friend's grandmother's house with 20 rounds? Sounds like he could be an extremely jealous EX - wonder if he's in jail for that rampage? moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne