Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 24 at 2:48pm KKR (name shorten) I just talked to the Jefferson County Sheriff. He says there is not enough probable cause to warrant a search in the Mt. Vernon area. Because county boundries were crossed...it is now a State Police Investigation. He is keeping my name and number. He said that if a search was needed in the future , he would call me and...

SB did not put a nix on any search it was the LE

Yes, it does in fact say that... but that post was in reference to a police search, not a civilian one.

From the comments in that post by KB 6/24/10 8:04p:

"We don't need permission to do a cillivan search we can STILL do a search it just means that these groups like TES can't help. they can not tell us we can not search also.. Detective on the case told me this himself.. I don't care what Jefferson Co says they don't want to help fine!"

they were one in the same search, KB (trust me I do know what KB was saying) simply stating that we could still do the search without TES and it was never a LE search, it was a group of us that was working on a search as civilians and trying to get help from TES and some others groups with dogs.
I know I was the one that was first planning the search!

SB never put a stop to ANY SEARCH

Paschein...........Are you still planning to search the Mt.Vernon area at some point? If so, do you know when it will be?

Someone just posted a explaination about the search parties. I think it was the same person ( KKR) that the post below was talking about. It is on FB under the discussion tab then search party.

Today I drove around the Miller Lake area, alot of deserted dirt roads going into the woods, old abandonded old buildings all thru out there. There is one place out there called "The Devil's Front Door" aka "Devil's Prop", it has trails going into the woods, there are 6 caves back there. A friend of mine said her daughter told her that sometimes late at night, "cults" go back to the caves to sacrifice animals. She has seen grafiti & writings on the cave walls. I do believe this is only about 4 miles from the RR home. The cave place is off Strafford Ln. The coordinates for Devil's Prop is N38.24.862 W088.49.792

Yes was going to this weekend till I realized it was holiday thinking nobody want to search?
Trying to get something planned this week coming for a set date.
That rock quarry someone posted about sounds interesting but might be hard to get permission :(

I'm confused! Might be time to take a step back myself. This case is so very odd and the banter above about the search confuses me even more.

cblewife,
You are not alone. The case is odd to say the least and the banter above as well as the whole fb page is bizarre to me. A week ago a woman, 65, went missing from the town I live in. She drove off at 430 in the morning. She was listed as endangered missing. Her cane, glasses and meds were at home. Her story was on the local news every day for a week. Search parties and posters were distributed all over town.
Her car was found yesterday, she had taken a turn off the main rd and apparently got lost back in the woods. Appears she was on pain meds from a recent hip replacement. They found her body about a mile from the car.

My point is that, people were searching for her. Dogs were searching for her. Helicopters were searching for her car. And they found her. We are surrounded by water, marshes, and hard to search areas. I dont understand why no search has been done for Beth. None. No pleadings from the family. This lady's husband and daughter were both begging the public for help.

IMO The only thing that would make all of this make sense to me is that Beth left on her own.

If there was a chance of Beth od'ing as has been suggested and JW and RR disposing of her body, well that is the only way i can see that JW would be involved and I just dont see it. There is no evidence of this to me, of Beth or JW being druggies. Certainly not Beth. Also, if there was a chance of this, I would hope LE would know this information as easily as its been dropped here and there and they would be searching the RR house thoroughly. Which they have not.

IIRC AGM has stated that SB has been "cleared" by LE. This is just what she believes IMO.. I dont see how LE could clear anyone in a missing persons case, its not even a criminal investigation. So this does not make sense to me, unless he has been devasted by JW telling "EVERYTHING" and is facing that his wife has left him and their family.
And its just that obvious. IDK, and its just a feeling.. but I feel an underlying anger towards Beth from her close friends and family. Just a feeling and just my opinions about people I dont know and a case without facts. The only facts I see are that she is gone, and LE is trying to find a live missing person, not searching for her body at all.

As was clarified on FB this evening KKR (who interestingly, is not in any way related to anyone in this case, just someone who wants to find BB):

"I talked to a man from Salem South Search & Rescue team. They could... help us (the public) ONLY if the Jeff.Co. Sheriff's office either invited them -or- okayed the search. I talked to the Jeff.Co. Sheriff. He said there is not enough probale cause to search that area. If there was, they (the sheriff's dept) would have done it themselves.He would not give the ok for the search & rescue team to help us. He did say that we could do a search ourselves...BUT...we would have to get written permission from EVERY landowner in the area to search on their property."

The closest I can find to an explanation for not searching by a representative of the family is AGM's cryptic "Regarding the search... As I stated before, there are reasons a search isn't being done now." and SG's "I agree action is needed. But what kind of action? Maybe thoughtful cool calm collective action supporting the family posting posters, asking questions. Talking to people and getting the word out. You do not know what J has told the police. It isn't public knowledge."

I didnt see the quarry but I know it is supposed to be where J C Lake is (my friend had called her ex-hubby & asked him) & I drove right past the Ridge house & didnt know it until I got home & looked at the google map again. There are so many old buildings out that way off the back roads, I did see an old abandonded white church (run down).

I'm sad to see the way this thread is going, and sad to see what is going on at the FB page. For me it doesn't matter what one thinks, or another thinks, what matters is the 10 year old who is beyond devastated and cry's for his mother every day. I truly cannot imagine that Beth has opted to leave her child in this way. Marriages fall apart all the time, but how often do mother's who have appeared for years to be good mothers just up and leave the children they love? I hope it's not often.

I hope that everyone can put aside their feelings and just focus on what we can do to help. Yes, we need more information. Yes, the family's speaking out would help. Yes, the whole story is hinky. BUT, YES, there is a child who is devastated. Whatever our personal feelings about the adult players in this case, i'm sure we can all agree to look beyond all of that to what really matters. Helping this poor child find his mom. Peace.

I didnt see the quarry but I know it is supposed to be where J C Lake is (my friend had called her ex-hubby & asked him) & I drove right past the Ridge house & didnt know it until I got home & looked at the google map again. There are so many old buildings out that way off the back roads, I did see an old abandonded white church (run down).

SD21, Do you know where the old church is? I don't recall ever seeing it. Is it near the RR house or near Devil's Prop? Can you give me something it is close to? I am still checking on the rock quarry too, didn't remember it either. I do/did know Jaycee Lake, we use to boat and fish there. You have to have a permit to launch a boat, but bank fishing and the such is allowed, I think. Been to Miller Lake before, with a member of that lake. It is a membership only, at least it use to be. It has been a few years ago.

If you are down by J C Lake Rd & head North on Tolle Rd. it will be on left hand side, not sure how far up it was. I couldn't find Devil's Prop because I thought it was on Tolle Rd & when I got home my friend said it was off Straffod Ln.

If you are down by J C Lake Rd & head North on Tolle Rd. it will be on left hand side, not sure how far up it was. I couldn't find Devil's Prop because I thought it was on Tolle Rd & when I got home my friend said it was off Straffod Ln.

When you say head north on Tolle Rd, on the left hand side are you talking about the church? I think I know where there is a church out that way, didn't know it was abandoned though. As for Devil's Prop, I know where it is, we use to go there and walk the paths and just enjoy nature. We weren't there for devil worships!!! Thank you for the info.

OH ok I saw the quarry on the air maps then it was a point of interest I had marked to search actually. I don't know about there but here we use to swim in the quarry's, some of the best swimming holes around :)

OH ok I saw the quarry on the air maps then it was a point of interest I had marked to search actually. I don't know about there but here we use to swim in the quarry's, some of the best swimming holes around :)

I don't know where this quarry is, unless it was what is now Jaycee lake. I will ask some people and see what I can find out. I may have just forgotten about it. There are quarries a little ways from here and people do swim in them. Very clean, cool water as best as I remember.

I do believe Jaycee Lake was the old quarry

I will ask around and see what I can find out. It is a nice little lake, use to have a beach and picnic area. I haven't been there in years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther