Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you getting these percentages? What formulas are you using? And what motivates you to use these percentages and do you have data to back up these percentages? And this is for JAL
Thank You for your input....

How are you getting these percentages? What formulas are you using? And what motivates you to use these percentages and do you have data to back up these percentages? And this is for JAL
Thank You for your input....

I believe it's his opinion?

:sick:
Based on what has been posted here, I guessed. And trying to throw people off is not what I do. 30% voluntary missing, well ok, 70% not (that doesn't seem like throwing people off.

I probably have a personal bias of wanting to see Beth come back because she is a friend, and I have hope. My bad, I guess.

I have this bias, It's my inclination to be hopeful when discussing this case, as the alternative is we all are gonna be planning a funeral.

Quickthinking, I think the theory of Beth having some kind of mental breakdown is entirely feasible with all the stress she was under from several sources we have discussed. Now add to it rumor of blackmail?? IDK.. no stone left unturned.. and Ive said all along if BB was without her hair extensions, and her makeup, no one would know her.

Cubby may be able to answer your questions about other missing people who were "lost" in this manner.

Well at least the ISP is involved. That gives me some hope. After what some on here have written about the WS and MV LEs I was beginning to all hope.

Does your source think their is going to be a resolution soon or are we in for a year or two?

My source is ISP in DuPage. I know nothing much of ISP investigations. He tosses me the ocassional county corruption bone. I don't follow politics. I mention the local cases I am interested to him. I don't have any personal ties to McHenry outside of friends who have summer homes there....... but the peeps and summer homes or vacationing cover much of the great lakes area...

moo

Quickthinking, I think the theory of Beth having some kind of mental breakdown is entirely feasible with all the stress she was under from several sources we have discussed. Now add to it rumor of blackmail?? IDK.. no stone left unturned.. and Ive said all along if BB was without her hair extensions, and her makeup, no one would know her.

Cubby may be able to answer your questions about other missing people who were "lost" in this manner.

I think the blackmail situation is true. 20k seems pretty crazy though. If it is indeed true, just that stress alone hanging over your head for who knows how long....
I have had personal experience with a person suffering from a mental breakdown, and in that experience, their physical appearance changed drastically.
Also to add to the whole mess, BB was most likely feeling like she was getting "old".
And yet ANOTHER thing-idk if 40 is an age when hormonal changes start in women?

Original Percentages Theory

Beth took off 25%
Beth overdosed and somebody covered up 15%
Beth got in some sort of altercation that didn't go well that got covered up 9%
Beth is somewhere but didn't voluntarily take off (much less than 1%)
Beth met someone new and it didn't go well 20%
Beth met someone she knew (after leaving JW) and it didn't go well 30%

New and improved Percentages Theory

Beth Took Off Voluntarily 30%
Beth Overdosed with a Cover Up 15%
Beth Injury/Missing (Not Related to Overdose) with a Cover up 10%
Beth taken by unknown, against will 1%
Beth Missing due to Black Mail 15%
Beth Missing due to Meeting Known Person 15%
Beth Missing Suicide 14%

Beth in Centralia/MV area 33%
Beth in Chicago/North Suburbs 33%
Beth in LV, CA, AZ, or other 33%

Chances of Resolving Situation Before Labor Day 50%
Chances of Resolving Situation After Labor Day 50%

I don't understand the percentages or is that just your guess?
Can you expand on why you believe these percentages?

The Blackmailer would have to have some kind of proof of the bad behavior, like a picture, audio recording, video recording... couldn't just be "I'll tell your husband" that's not worth 20k. If there was some proof, chances are the blackmailer has done it before. Have to be pretty cold hearted and calculating for that.

[Rumor has it SB did not know about the money until after the offices were audited.}

Ok...

Rumors of Missing money. Payoffs. Blackmail.

All good reasons to want to disappear. Add in whatever it was she was trying to keep secret... and I could see it.

Also... doesn't this sort of bring into question SS's wife not knowing about the affair until after she'd disappeared if SS was the recipient? How would SS explain a $20k payoff to her?

Based on what has been posted here, I guessed. And trying to throw people off is not what I do. 30% voluntary missing, well ok, 70% not (that doesn't seem like throwing people off.

I probably have a personal bias of wanting to see Beth come back because she is a friend, and I have hope. My bad, I guess.

I didn't intend to upset you. I'm glad you have hope, and of course, Beth is your friend and you want to see her come back home. I don't doubt that one bit. I want to see her come back home too. I respect your opinion on what could have possibly happened to Beth. I guess the percentages just rubbed me wrong. It made me think of Vegas, and the odds on sporting events.

The thing with me is, logic tells me Beth would not just take off. I just can't see it. Beth is a smart woman. I think you'd agree that she could get herself out of any sticky situation. Even if she was depressed, in trouble or just at the end of her rope with her marriage and life, I still cannot see her thinking "well, there is nothing I can do but just take off and start over without letting a single soul know". One thing about Beth, she had a big heart and she was kind. So, if she was still out there, somehwere, with the FB pages, billboards, media etc, surely, she would have seen or heard about everybody looking for her. She would never put her friends and family through this pain. I just can't see it. If she was out there, do you honestly think she could leave everyone behind, and not call even one person, ONE PERSON, to let them know that she is alive after 10+ weeks of this? Do you think she would purposely put JW, her best friend, in this situation, holding the bag???? That is not Beth. Not the Beth I know.

Could I be wrong? Yes, of course. In fact, I hope I am wrong. I think about this day and night. I try to think through all the theories I read on WS. I'm sorry, I just have a bad feeling, and it's not because I don't have hope or don't care about Beth, it's just what I think.

Please believe me when I say, I want to hear everybody's theories. We can't let this turn into FB where only one theory is allowed. I am not trying to personally attack you. We just so happen to have different thoughts, that's all.

This is all of course, JMO. Thanks for listening.

And this I just don't get. I am trying to throw SB off by holding onto hope. Huh? I talk with SB and we talk about his son wondering when mommy will come back and it breaks my heart.

I have discussed different theories here (which I have disclosed ALL involve my friends), I have challenged them, and added to them. I just don't get your post, really I don't.

I have always maintained that we should pursue the truth and attack this problem using the best logic we can muster. I would be the first to admit that mine is not perfect, but I also believe that being tied to one theory can distract us from finding out what is true.

If you feel that I have been less than honest, or have some agenda, just say it. If not, please allow me to help in the only way I know how.

Noooooo, I never said YOU are trying to throw him off. I was just stating that it was something he said. It was a general comment, not directed towards you.

Yes, I too believe we need to pursue the truth.

I never said you have an agenda or are being dishonest, it was just the percentages comment. You have every right to put your thoughts on here, including percentages, but it just didn't make sense to me.

We are not on here to argue. We both want to know what happened to Beth. My intention was not to make you mad. Sometimes, reading something, rather than hearing it, can come across in a way different than what as intended.

I don't know what happened to Beth, I don't even know what I believe happened to Beth. But, let's not discount anyone's feeling or thoughts.
Let's look at the frantic situation BB was in that weekend in May, if the blackmail info is correct....
She is being blackmailed regarding her extra marital affairs.
She has already spent 20k which she knows is going to eventually be discovered.
SS is sending her texts all weekend putting the pressure on about coming clean with their respective spouses.
Sounds stressful, doesn't it?
This blackmail info sure does change things...after all, wouldn't the blackmailer prefer BB alive?

good lordy dee.......I was right into this case when she first disappeared and my theory back then was that JW boyfriend and brother were covering up an accidental death after some form of argument......

but wow.....what a story......affairs with friends husbands, maybe pregnant, missappropriating funds, drugs, blackmail..........

I do not think this woman is alive.....sorry to her friends for saying this and I truly do beleive she was/is a very nice caring woman, however there was way too much deception in her life and I would say quite a few with motives to bump her off or for her to have altercations with and maybe from this an accidental death which has been covered up...

Once again sorry I have said this but in other cases on here there have been one of the above in their lives and they were killed.......

One of the reasons that I put the theories in percentages, is to underscore the fact that IMO we are still open to many possibilities. It is not a Las Vegas, gaming metaphor, it is a statistical analysis.

Supporting the 30% "took off claim," we have a lot of information (some of it we don't know if it is true or not.)

For the Claim we have:

1. Beth had the means to leave. I don't think that his point is arguable, she did.
2. Beth had several possible motives to leave
A. Apparently there may have been affairs, that may be soon revealed (as JW did)
B. There was the "blackmail" situation (of which I don't know the details)
C. There may or not have been "missing money"
D. She may or not have been pregnant
E. She may have been running away from other things (that I don't know of)
3. People under this type of stress can have a break
4. This section would include as voluntary a breakdown, or an on purpose move
5. She might have thought that SB would give great care to her son

Factors against

1. She had a young son at home, mom's instinct
2. She had a good job, paid well, and has been said to be very effective
3. She had a husband who loved her
4. If she had a break, perhaps she would have made contact before 10 weeks
5. She has a father, husband and sons here, who would support her

Considering those factors, it's not unreasonable to conclude a person might decide to get out of Dodge City.

One of the reasons that I put the theories in percentages, is to underscore the fact that IMO we are still open to many possibilities. It is not a Las Vegas, gaming metaphor, it is a statistical analysis.

Supporting the 30% "took off claim," we have a lot of information (some of it we don't know if it is true or not.)

For the Claim we have:

1. Beth had the means to leave. I don't think that his point is arguable, she did.
2. Beth had several possible motives to leave
A. Apparently there may have been affairs, that may be soon revealed (as JW did)
B. There was the "blackmail" situation (of which I don't know the details)
C. There may or not have been "missing money"
D. She may or not have been pregnant
E. She may have been running away from other things (that I don't know of)
3. People under this type of stress can have a break
4. This section would include as voluntary a breakdown, or an on purpose move
5. She might have thought that SB would give great care to her son

Factors against

1. She had a young son at home, mom's instinct
2. She had a good job, paid well, and has been said to be very effective
3. She had a husband who loved her
4. If she had a break, perhaps she would have made contact before 10 weeks
5. She has a father, husband and sons here, who would support her

Considering those factors, it's not unreasonable to conclude a person might decide to get out of Dodge City.

Great post! But the factors against to me are still factors to leave too. If she thought staying would cause her son more trauma and she knows sb will take care of him. If there was a chance her good job could disappear with her hubby who loved her. 10 weeks is not really that long in the big scheme of things.

I think she knows her father, her sons, and her hubby will forgive her, after 10 weeks or 10 months.

and thank you for explaining your rationale.

On the other hand,

Supporting Missing due to Meeting Known Person 15%, and Missing due to blackmail.

In Support

MV Group
1. BB and JW lied about where they were.
2. BB allegedly had some drug history.
3. BB was far from home.
4. JW's story morphed a little, under pressure of new information
5. The Pizza pick up story, which decreases the timeline

Chicago/Northwestsuburbs

SS

1. Was having an affair with BB.
2. Had text contact with BB, that weekend
3. Interviewed by LE
4. Has a criminal record
5 Had a motive to cover up affair

Blackmailer (who BTW is not SS)

1. Had collected money from BB (which I think gives a blackmailer a reason not to kill).
2. Was threatening to tell SB (which BB feared because she paid)

B from Chicago

1. Was supposed to meet with BB Friday, then no, Saturday, then no, Sunday
2. Was supposed to travel to Las Vegas for weekend with BB
2. LE has interviewed

Any other paramours

1. Some not identified

Against

MV Group

1. Does JW use the detail that she used if she just witnessed a death?
2. Doesn't JW stop talking, if guilty
3. Don't RR or NR defend, if guilty
4. Story is changing but is never exclusively ruled out
5. If accidental death, doesn't one of them "break" in 10 weeks

SS

1. Has an alibi
2. Is hundreds of miles away from the scene, if the scene is MV/Centralia
3. Would have been mentioned by JW as who BB was going to meet
4. IMO not violent (personal experience)
5 IMO motive not sufficient, he would be more apt to face up to indiscretion

B from Chicago

1. Has been interviewed by LE

Other Paramours

2. Have not been identified by LE

Summary: If BB never got on the train, MV group are POI, If took train, we can obviously delete MV group and consider others. I do not know much about the blackmail guy. SS is not the blackmail guy. SS is a personal friend and I don't believe he is involved (but that is just my opinion), B from Chicago (the one with LV trip plans is a possibility, and of course there is the Looking for Mr. Goodbar: other set of persons who could be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie