GUILTY IL - Benjamin Kingan, 16 mos, dies of head injury, Lincolnshire, 14 Jan 2009

evidentery heaing set for august 18th and 19th.

as typical in these things, melisa will get to attend the hearing in person (like ryan fergerson)

It's taken SO long. I hope after Melissa is proven not guilty or whatever technically will happen absolving her of this crime- they are able to find out who hurt little Benjamin and/or what caused his death.

I hate the term but this totally is a miscarriage of justice. For SO many reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

states case seems to be unravveling now as it has been revealed the original pathologist went to the prosecutors before the trial in 2011 and told them he wasnt so sure about his findings. the prosecutors then allowed him to lie on the witness stand and stick by his original findings.

this is like some sureal nightmare..........the deptuy cornerer who testified he examined the skull lied. he never did. he never looked at the xrays.

how is this travesty still going on?

Guilty verdict stands in day care murder; judge rejects reversal

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-day-care-worker-murder-hearing-decision-met-20160930-story.html

Melissa Calusinski's long quest for a new trial in the death of a Deerfield toddler was dealt a major setback Friday, when a Lake County judge rejected a bid to reverse her conviction.

Judge Daniel Shanes, who oversaw Calusinski's trial five years ago and sentenced her to 31 years in prison, said her lawyers' claims that she didn't get a fair trial "fall apart like a house of cards." He said that nothing that was presented during three days of recent testimony in the case convinced him that new evidence exists or undermined his confidence in the verdict the trial jury reached.

"Having lost at trial, much of these claims now amount to Monday-morning quarterbacking," Shanes said.

Calusinski, who turns 30 on Tuesday, sat stoically as the judge announced his ruling in the high-profile case. Outside court, her father Paul Calusinski said he was disappointed in the outcome but not surprised. Attorneys for the Carpentersville family have vowed to press on and have already said they will appeal.

http://wgntv.com/2016/09/30/guilty-verdict-stands-in-day-care-murder-judge-denies-new-trial-for-melissa-calusinski/

This case was again covered by 48 Hours tonight. Going by their info it seems very likely to be a wrongful conviction and possible that a crime didn't happen at all. Unless I am missing key info I hope for Melissa's sake that on appeal a higher court grants her a new trial or release. Zellner certainly seems confident that this will happen.

Here's the episode and a write-up if you scroll down underneath the episode: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-fig...-toddler-ben-kingans-death-wrongly-convicted/

The Illinois Supreme Court Rejected Defense attorney Kathleen Zellner's appeal petition. The only way this wrongfully convicted killer is going to be free is a successful Federal Appeal.

I hope that justice will ultimately be served in this tragic case.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-12-23 124226.png
    Annotation 2019-12-23 124226.png
    10 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members