IL - Benjamin Sargent, 5 mos, dies of extreme neglect, Peoria, 12 Feb 2008

http://www.pjstar.com/php/index.php...had_not_been_well_cared_forquot_coroner_says/

PEORIA - A 5-month-old baby weighed 10 pounds when authorities found him dead Tuesday at his South Peoria home. "It was obvious that this child had not been well cared for," said Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll on Wednesday, declining to comment further on the case because of the continuing investigation.

The man was the baby's father. I hope they can explain why their baby only weighed 10 lbs. :mad:

10 POUNDS? I do understand that parents use a carseat for children with acid reflux problems, colic, and the like. However, I have also heard of parents who leave their children in car seats all day long and they die. Yet, this is a different case altogether. Those idiot parents left the infant sitting in his own waste, all the while strapped into the seat which was in a crib." FOR 8 DAYS!

Just an FYI for parents who sometimes leave their children in carseats. I've done it a time or 2 -- had I known....of course my son is 12 now, but I didn't think it was harmful (vs. waking him up and listen to him scream).

Janet Brooks, Child Advocacy Manager, Primary Children's Hospital: "Leaving kids in a car seat too long. If you take them out of the car, take them into the house. They sleep in it, they nap in it. These are all issues, not only for airways but for curvature of the spine, flatness on the back of the head , these are all issues we look at."

It breaks my heart, the pain and suffering this little guy went through.

To be so helpless, and tiny, and all alone.

They heard his cries... and did nothing.
Then, when he became too weak to cry, they heard the silence... and still did nothing.

He cried for just a bit of water, just a bit of food, just a bit of comfort, just a bit of respect, just a bit of love... and they gave him nothing.

Because, they are nothing.

This is the case that is linked to the 6 year old "suicide" correct? The mother of the 6 year old is the sister of the bio mom in this case??

I often wonder how much these people and those like them ......care.........after they sober up. When those drugs are out of their system and they can't get more.........do they then realize that they are monsters? Do they deny it? Maybe so, to prevent a breakdown.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back