GUILTY IL - Cermen Toney, 4, & Anquiaette Parker, 19, East St Louis, Nov 2005

I wonder how far away that was from where they went missing? It looks like it is right off the road and not hidden away. At least, those two plus her baby can go home and they can concentrate on the murderer with more evidence, hopefully.

I found this article from today. Its a bit longer than the other ones I've seen- it says they thought the police put up floodlights and were searching what was believed to be an abandoned well?
If thats the case, hopefully they got a tip of some kind that led them to the location, and would help convict the person responsible.

It looks like this is not far at all from where they went missing. I saw one article that said they were missing from East St Louis at the grandmothers house- the address police were searching is just east of there, (like 8 miles on google maps from center of E St Louis).
Here's the article
http://www.bnd.com/100/story/291998.html

Thanks, Lorelei! Yes, to find them in an abandoned well...sure sounds like someone had to tip them off after this long so maybe it is a sign he talked to someone or something. I hope so!

I found a couple new articles- they say that two men have been taken into custody and will probably be charged tomorrow (no official confirmation on that but it seems like these are the guys IMO). And that the property where the remains were found has been searched dozens of times before because those two men used to live there and have apparently been suspects for some time? The new property owner called police because they accidentally broke into a cistern when doing some construction work with a bulldozer and apparently saw the remains.

I just heard about this case & don't know much about it-- but it looks like this is very good news!
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=143072

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/292445.html

About cisterns...

Do builders or property owners need a city or county permit to bury a cistern? ( I am assuming that it was an undergroung cistern, since the article says it was "hidden" and found while digging.)

If the cistern was the only water source for the home, once the bodies were hidden there, wouldn't they have had to either get a new cistern or connect to another source in order to continue to live in the home? Wouldn't this have been an obvious red flag to investigators if the suspects had suddenly aquired a new cistern?

I am assuming the burial of a cistern would require some heavy equipment...kind of hard to hide that from homicide investigators unless they just weren't paying any attention.

Was this home in such a rural area that no public water source was available?

Wouldn't it be kind of "homicide investigations 101"
to obtain any public records associated with construction on a property if it is so suspicious that they take the trouble to search it 25 times? Records would show where the original water source was...kind of an obvious place to look if you ask me.

Susan

(hmmm...wonder how Drewpy would react at the mention of the word "cistern"? )

Prosecutors Charge One Person with Murder of Cousins
Created: 3/28/2008 8:22:17 AM
Last updated: 3/28/2008 2:05:51 PM

(KSDK) -- Madison County prosecutors charge a man on Friday in connection to the deaths of Anquiaette Parker and her cousin Cermen Toney Jr.

Kevin J. Reid, 51, of 9261 Collinsville Road, is charged with two counts of murder, one count of intentional homicide of an unborn child and two counts of concealment of a homicidal death.

More at link, including picture: http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=143141&provider=top

Didn't anyone search arond the area where her car was found? They must not have or the bodies would have been found. This has happened way to often. People who have been missing for ages are found close to where their vehicles were found. It would only make sense to me to search around that area....a quarter of a mile! And all that this family has been through not knowing what happened to them!

I'm glad that they were finally found though. It's just to bad it wasn't a lot sooner.

Didn't anyone search arond the area where her car was found? They must not have or the bodies would have been found. This has happened way to often. People who have been missing for ages are found close to where their vehicles were found. It would only make sense to me to search around that area....a quarter of a mile! And all that this family has been through not knowing what happened to them!

I'm glad that they were finally found though. It's just to bad it wasn't a lot sooner.

I agree. You would think there would be some old records that would show that cistern was there on that property. Personally, it would have been one of the first places I would have tried to look.

The "Intentional homicide to an unborn child" charge leads me to believe he might have been the father of her child, or was paid off to kill her. The other two charges are just homicide, but they specify that the unborn baby was intentionally killed.

Kevin J. Reid is scheduled to go to trial on 7/19/2010.

From April 2014:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_73e70004-d867-5b7e-acb8-041a552e9618.html

A judge sentenced Kevin Reid on Tuesday to “natural life” in prison for killing a pregnant woman and her young cousin and hiding their bodies in a cistern near Collinsville. He will not be eligible for parole.

Reid, 57, was convicted by a jury March 20 of two counts of first-degree murder and one count of intentional homicide of an unborn child. Prosecutors said he killed the victims in 2005 during a drug deal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloridaThemisProject
Back