Identified! IL - Champaign Co., WhtFem Skeletal 220UFIL, 19-41, in cornfield, May'95 - Keri Lyn Wyant

I e-mailed the side-by-side comparsion to Matt Birkbeck. When I hear something from him I'll let everyone know.

I can see a strong resemblance, but I think the noses aren't exactly the same. It could be the angle of the photo on the right making it appear as if her nose is slightly longer.

I believe these two women could be one and the same person.

Laini,

I don't believe the women are one and the same. Camille's height was 5 foot 7 and the height range that was given for the unidentified woman was between 5 foot 3 and 5 foot 6. Also, Camille was 30 when she disappeared. The age range that was given was between 19 and 30 years. So, this puts her at the upper end of the spectrum.

Yes, the women do look similar. Yes, they both have brown hair and athletic legs. However, with that being said; there are alot of women who have brown hair and have athletic legs who look like them. There are a whole lot of women who ice skate, roller skate, and do Pilates. This is not an earthshaking revelation.

I believe the chances of these two women being one and the same are the equivalent of hitting a hole-in-one while holding a winning lotto ticket while being struck by lightning, all at the same time.

Laini, I hope that you are right. However, I don't see it happening.

Ken

Ken said:
...the equivalent of hitting a hole-in-one while holding a winning lotto ticket while being struck by lightning, all at the same time.
That happened to me once...:crazy:

Is there any news on the mystery women in Floyds wallet and this women? Does anyone know if Matt has seen this thread and if he has an opinion on this?

mjak

mjak said:
Is there any news on the mystery women in Floyds wallet and this women? Does anyone know if Matt has seen this thread and if he has an opinion on this?

mjak
I e-mailed Matt the side-by-side photos. I know he's really tied up at the moment, when he gets back to me I'll let everyone know.

Are there any updates on this?

mjak

I think that someone needs to directly contact the investigators on both sides of this about this resemblance. And please post your intention of doing so, I'm sure LE don't want to get 5 calls about this.

Does anyone know what became of Dotson (Camille's husband?) I wondered what he had said about her disappearance.

This was from Time Magazine
Link: http://jcgi.pathfinder.com/time/archive/preview/0,10987,960237,00.html

"Oct. 28, 1985
ENGAGED. Camille Dardanes, 24, grocery clerk; and Gary Dotson, 28, convicted rapist serving a 25-year term who was freed by executive clemency last May after his supposed victim, Cathleen Crowell Webb, recanted her testimony; in Country Club Hills, Ill. The couple met when Dardanes handed Dotson a rose at the start of a clemency hearing. After a wedding next spring, he hopes to support his wife as an apprentice carpenter, but may also benefit from a forthcoming book by Webb; she has agreed to turn over to Dotson her low-five- figure advance and some additional possible profits."

Ok, I think I'm seeing things. On the third picture of Camille on Doe network, there is a distinctive mark, possibly on the backdrop of the photo, that is also possibly visible on the unknown woman's photo. Am I imagining this?? I will put up doe link.

I think the only thing that bothers me about this match, is that it said that Camilles teeth were discolored, and the unknown woman's teeth appear to be very white.

Ok, I just phoned Detective Marin about the comparison of Camille Dardanes and this unknown woman, I left a message, so I'll probably hear back from him tomorrow, or maybe today. I really think this is a great match.

Thanks for phoning this in Hollow. I think it deffinitly needs to be looking into.

mjak

snips from the Doe Network:
Camille Dardanes-Dotson-Diaz was last seen in Las Vegas, NV sometime during May of 1994.
Shortly after marrying an accused murderer, Dardanes called friends saying she was afraid, but did not specify why.
Dardanes was reported missing in Las Vegas in 1994 or 1995. The original report was deleted 3 months after it was filed and a new report was made in 2003. There is concern for Dardane's safety as her husband had a history of violent crime.
Dardanes met her first husband, Gary Dotson, in Illinois in 1985 where Dotson had been wrongly convicted for rape a decade earlier, when he was 22 years old, based on a story fabricated by his presumed victim

On December 29, 1988, Dardanes filed for divorce from Gary Dotson
This information from the "Circumstances of Disappearance" from the Doe Network states that Dardanes divorced Dotson in 1988. It states that shortly after her marriage to an accused murderer she called friends saying she was afraid and in 1994 or 1995 she was reported missing.

It seems that the media focuses on Dotson because of his notoriety due to the false conviction case years prior. Not much is said about her second husband, Mr. Diaz.

He was apparently accused of murder but who, when and where was the victim? Has anyone read anything about Diaz?

I do believe CD and the picture in FDF's possessions are the same person.

The pic may have been from one of the articles in newspapers and Time Magazine (Milestones-Oct 1985) announcing the Dotson/Dardanes engagement.

Marriage record from Nevada (2nd husband):

Bride Groom Date Cert. #

DOTSON CAMILLE /DIAZ CRUZ JR/ 12/23/1993/ C491628

It didn't appear on the post the wat it appeared on the site. I added the slashes to separate the names.

Hollow said:
Ok, I just phoned Detective Marin about the comparison of Camille Dardanes and this unknown woman, I left a message, so I'll probably hear back from him tomorrow, or maybe today. I really think this is a great match.

I hope Hollow doesn't mind that I post this:

Hollow recieved a call back from the Detective regarding this match. He is investigating this possibility.

See the Sharon Marshall thread for more details.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40402

Thought I'd post here, I contacted Camille's mom, Camille's best friend contacted me in turn. Her friend said that photograph in Franklin Floyd's posession is not Camille. She also mentioned that she had inquired about the match to the jane doe, but has gotten nowhere with it.

Also wanted to mention that Diaz name is George Cruz Diaz 111, he is incarcerated in Nevada. Anyone that can find info about him would be helpful. I guess I can say, he's incarcerated currently for slicing a man's throat, not fatally, but I believe that was the intention over something close to $100 argument. He is due to get out this year.

I was also told that this case may be related to case about John Flowers murdering Ginger Rios, niteclub singer, scroll way down at link below:

Atlanta Journal and Constitution:

Nevada/ Prosecutors to seek death penalty in singers slaying.Man who withdrew plea of guilty but mentally ill held without bail.

John Flowers learned Tuesday that prosecutors will seek his execution for a crime in which he was once guaranteed a sentence of 25 years to life.

"This is a capital case," Clark County Chief Deputy District attorney Ed Kane said in court Tuesday during Flower's arraignment in the slaying of Las Vegas entertainer Ginger Rios.

Rios, a 20-year-old singer who performed at the Fiesta, was killed in April 1997 when authorities said she visited the Spy Craft bookstore which was owned by Flowers. 4 months later Flower's ex-wife led authorities to the Arizona desert where Rios' body was found buried.

Nearly one-eighth of a mile from Rios' body another woman's body was found. That woman has never been identified......

http://venus.soci.niu.edu/~archives/ABOLISH/rick-halperin/may02/0331.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back