GUILTY IL - Chicago, Female body in cardboard box, Jan'07 - Marlaina Reed

next court date 04/06.

What will occur first, the Cubs win a world series, or this case gets to trial? :waiting:

Cubby - do you have any Chicago media contacts that could look into this case and find out what's happening?

Cubby - do you have any Chicago media contacts that could look into this case and find out what's happening?

I don't. The best I can think of is trying to contact those journalists who reported the arrest when it first occurred. I'll look for contact information for them.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-cold-case-arrest-1024-20101023,0,161971.story

A 46-year-old man is in custody in the 2007 slaying of a teenage girl whose body was found stuffed into a cardboard box on the Northwest Side and who was not identified for a year after the slaying, police said.

An arrest warrant was obtained by Grand Central Area detectives Friday in the slaying of Marlaina "Niki" Reed, 17, a ward of the state who often ran away from the group home in Chicago where she lived, sources said.

The man was taken into custody near his home Friday afternoon without incident.

DNA recovered from cords used to bind the girl links the man to the crime scene, sources said.

The suspect came to detectives' attention in April 2009 when officers were called there and found his dog stabbed to death in a bathtub. He also had been ordered put on court supervision in a 2008 battery case, and has been arrested in the past on domestic battery and other misdemeanor charges.

Police declined to release the identity of the suspect Friday night pending final review of the charges by the Cook County state's
attorney's office

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...-grand-central-area-detectives-fullerton.html

William McIntosh, 46, was arrested without incident Friday about 7 p.m. outside his home in the 5800 block of West Fullerton Avenue, said Chicago Police Officer John Mirabelli.

McIntosh was ordered held without bail at a court hearing this morning. Dressed in jeans and a leather jacket, he appeared for a few seconds before Judge Donald Panarese.

"What am I charged with?" McIntosh asked.

"Murder," the judge answered bluntly.

bumping

I just sent off an email requesting an update to asweeney at the tribune. I'll let everyone know if I get a reply.

I can't believe we're almost 5 years post arrest and still no trial.

I've put a few feelers out there. Nothing more than it is working it's way through the court system. I'm working on trying to find out more within the next few weeks. Hopefully we'll learn more before the end of the month.

Thanks so much Cubby. I could have done that! I thought you might have an inside track.

It's a busy news week in Chicago with the Black Hawks winning the cup and flooding due to the weather being more like the pacific northwest around here.

I am going to wait until news is a little slower before I reach out again to the media regarding Marlaina's case. Hopefully next week sometime.

Next court date is now 9/17. Dates are closer together now than in the past. Maybe there's some movement toward the actual trial.

I thought you all would like to know that William Macintosh plead guilty yesterday 9/22/15 and agreed to a 33 year sentence.

CHICAGO (STMW) - A man who pleaded guilty to the murder of a 17-year-old girl found dead in a cardbox box in a Humboldt Park alley in 2007 has been sentenced to 33 years in prison.
William McIntosh, 51, was charged in 2010 with the murder of Marlaina “Niki” Reed, according to Cook County court records.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/23674374-story

Finally!

Finally!!!! I was beginning to think I would't live long enough to see this day. Thank you, Cubby!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back