IL-Chicago Police Officer Says She Feared Using Gun While Being Beaten Oct. 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three officers were hospitalized, more were treated with injuries.
Question that???
GMAB

So sick of everything regarding LE being questioned. Even when someone attempts to kill them.

It's disgusting really.

JMO

So you believe it is better for us to believe everything we read without thinking for ourselves? I hope you trust your media sources.

It is now "disgusting" to think for yourself. Interesting.

Question: She said she knew she should have shot him, but when would she have shot? When in this scene is there a space for her to have gone for her weapon but decided no, it will bring too much scrutiny to the department and her family?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...s-parta-huff-held-without-bond-396405051.html

There could have been several instances during this that she could have reached down, grabbed her gun, and blew this monster away.
Not sure why you think there wouldn't be.

Only takes a couple of seconds.

So you believe it is better for us to believe everything we read without thinking for ourselves? I hope you trust your media sources.

It is now "disgusting" to think for yourself. Interesting.

That's not what I said but I'm done explaining everything multiple times.

I bet those cops injured themselves just to frame this fine upstanding citizen.

It's a conspiracy going back years.
People and hospitals have been giving this poor man PCP. Lying about him assaulting them. Padding his charges.
When none of that worked, they beat the hell out of each other almost to the point of death just to hassle this poor man.

LE is the devil!!!

* if this is the way our world is thinking, we are all in trouble.

Nobody is saying this... Where are you getting this from?

This lady was beat within inches of death. What does bias have to do with this case AT ALL?

This is a pretty simple thing to understand. He's a criminal. He put 3 cops in the hospital. Hopefully their injuries will heal quickly and this monster will go down for attempted murder.

Where does bias come in?

Nobody is disagreeing with any of this.
If you want to know about bias, ask the poster who brought it up specifically, K_Z, I believe

Actually, the union did comment, so I suppose they can be accused of bias in this case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ar-of-media-uproar-says-chicago-police-chief/

Here's the quote:

The head of the Chicago Police Department's largest union said Thursday that Johnson's comments echo what he's been saying for months. Police “don't want to become the next YouTube video,” said Dean Angelo, president of the Fraternal Order of Police. “If you participate in a deadly force situation you can save your life, but in 2016, you can lose your job,” he said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...econd-guessing-themselves-20161006-story.html

Nobody is saying this... Where are you getting this from?

This is how people act. No amount of proof will suffice when you are dead set on blaming LE no matter what actions they take or don't take.

When people would rather take sides with drug filled monsters and praise criminals and vilify those who selflessly protect and serve law abiding citizens I'm done trying to reason.

She was there to HELP! She was almost killed. Yet now she must be lying, her superintendent must be lying, the union is biased, her parter must have just stood and watched...

We can agree to disagree and move on.

That's not what I said but I'm done explaining everything multiple times.

Did you not say it is "disgusting" to question LE?
Maybe it is just semantics, but to me, when I say "question" I mean analyze it, does it make sense?, does what you are reading add up? In other words think for yourself instead of letting the media tell you what to believe.

Question: She said she knew she should have shot him, but when would she have shot? When in this scene is there a space for her to have gone for her weapon but decided no, it will bring too much scrutiny to the department and her family?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...s-parta-huff-held-without-bond-396405051.html

Well, my thoughts are that if this is truly how she feels, she made that decision long before this incident happened. As in, she already knew that if a situation were to arise she would not be able to use lethal force.

Praising criminals and vilifying cops is disgusting. That's my opinion. It won't change.
AGAIN, we can agree to disagree and move on.

This is how people act. No amount of proof will suffice when you are dead set on blaming LE no matter what actions they take or don't take.

When people would rather take sides with drug filled monsters and praise criminals and vilify those who selflessly protect and serve law abiding citizens I'm done trying to reason.

She was there to HELP! She was almost killed. Yet now she must be lying, her superintendent must be lying, the union is biased, her parter must have just stood and watched...

But we aren't even disagreeing. The things you are saying... You are the only one saying them...

Praising criminals?. WHAT??

We have no proof of anything in this case. We have statements, but not from the officer.

If anyone is siding with the man who assaulted the officer in this thread I haven't seen it. For me it's merely questioning - why didn't she shoot and why are they saying it's because she was afraid of the scrutiny? It baffles me how questioning or criticizing LE is immediately seen as being anti-LE and pro-criminal.

Oh: I'm impressed with how tough and brave she obviously is. Holy crap. Even if she froze in panic rather than shoot she still fought back.

And... it's very interesting to me that this "Ferguson effect" argument is coming out of Chicago (notorious for shootings, brutality, cover ups) the same week the department proposed a "sanctity of life" policy. Which sounds exactly like what she was following in this case - deadly force might not have been needed (great bodily harm, but I think by the time she was that injured was past the time she could have made the decision to shoot) and she didn't use it.

There will always be people that are critical of everything that LE does and there is no getting past that point. The police can’t expect that everyone will agree with everything they do and base their actions in a violent encounter on pleasing everyone. With that said, I think that most reasonable folks can agree that there is a huge difference in an officer using their gun against someone attacking them and shooting an unarmed person because they THOUGHT they might have a gun.

Take a breath. Step back. This thread is closed temporarily for review. Take that time to collect yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500