GUILTY IL - Darnell Donerson, Jason Hudson & Julian King, 7, slain, Chicago, 24 Oct 2008

Well, at least it seems this jury was able to put one and one together, unlike OTHER juries we have known......

I know this doesn't make things any better for Julia, Jennifer and family, nothing will ever bring their loved ones back, their lives altered forever. And for what? I will never ever understand what these cowardly men think they will gain by killing. All this pain and heartache, and for what?

Judge gives Balfour 3 life sentences, calls his soul 'barren'

Even though the outcome was foregone, the judge grew emotional as he imposed the sentence, lashing out at Balfour as he called his claims that he loved Julian "an insult to all of us."

"Your heart is an arctic night, and your soul is as barren as dark space," Burns said to Balfour in a shaky voice.

In the end, the judge imposed a consecutive life sentence for each of the murders as well as 120 years for Balfour's additional convictions for home invasion, possession of a stolen motor vehicle and aggravated kidnapping.

Burns said he was certain Balfour killed Julian because he was in the way and could have been a witness against him. Hudson's mother, Darnell Donerson, 57, and brother, Jason Hudson, 29, already had been slain in the family's Englewood neighborhood house, prosecutors said.

Julian "shared his life with you. For sure he looked up to you," Burns said. "There is no doubt in my mind he looked up to you as you were putting bullets into his head. I just hope his terror was short-lived."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...herinlaws-sentencing-20120724,0,4279093.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back