IL IL - Debbie Fijan, 10, murdered, DuPage Co, 11 Feb 1966 #3

Sadly I can still remember 02/11/1966 - 02/14/1966 like it was yesterday; and sadly, Debbie's case and file continues to collect dust at the DPCSO. You'll never be forgotten Debbie.

I just recently read that Mary (Schofield) Wiesbrook passed away last Sept./2023. Mary S. was the last living Schofield, Loren's older sister. Whatever she knew about Debbie's murder, she "took it to her grave". "Mums the word", All very sad, and rather interesting that only two of Mary's brothers, John & Loren were mentioned; along with Loren's wife MaryAnn in her Obit.

Last edited:
Still thinking about Debbie today, and reading some of the archived "newspaper clippings" from her tragic death on 02/11/1966. I need to stop watching Dateline, 20/20, etc. Those Cold Cases are usually solved, while DPCSO might not even be able to locate Debbie's file.

Loren F. Schofield was considered as a possible suspect in the murder of Debbie Fijan, age 10. He would have been 3 days short of his 27th birthday at the time.

Loren Franklin Schofield

Loren Franklin Schofield​

BIRTH 14 Feb 1939
DEATH 1 Jun 2018 (aged 79)
BURIAL Saint Catherine Cemetery, Genoa, DeKalb County, Illinois
Obituary at link below.

LINK:

Loren F. Schofield was considered as a possible suspect in the murder of Debbie Fijan, age 10. He would have been 3 days short of his 27th birthday at the time.

Loren Franklin Schofield

Loren Franklin Schofield​

BIRTH 14 Feb 1939
DEATH 1 Jun 2018 (aged 79)
BURIAL Saint Catherine Cemetery, Genoa, DeKalb County, Illinois
Obituary at link below.

LINK:
LS walked, and his entire family including his mother Edna (Klein), fled Wayne Township/DuPage County shortly after Debbie's GJ "trial". Sadly, DPC State's Atty. William Hopf was no match for Defense Atty. Robert Chapski. It's never "what you know, but who you know".

I just recently read that Mary (Schofield) Wiesbrook passed away last Sept./2023. Mary S. was the last living Schofield, Loren's older sister. Whatever she knew about Debbie's murder, she "took it to her grave". "Mums the word", All very sad, and rather interesting that only two of Mary's brothers, John & Loren were mentioned; along with Loren's wife MaryAnn in her Obit.
Correction to the above, most likely irrelevant given the years that have passed.
As of Sept./2023, Loren Schofield's brothers Wayne & Ken still living.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back