Resolved Il: Dorothy berschman 82/f/w 1/18/13

Born July 10, 1930- cook county clerk
Looks like her parents were immigrants from Russia with no other children as of the 1940 census...
Lived in lagrange, il, 1410 61st pl., 60525
Dorothy H.

A man is associated with her and the address.
W.S. but not a next of kin, most likely. In 2004, she sold her home to him and herself ( I guess just adding him to the deed)?
http://chicago.blockshopper.com/sales/cities/la_grange_highlands/2004

My guess is he is going to be her closest contact. Maybe why she is still unclaimed... Does it have to be family?

Oo... this was a tough one... but I think I have found a living relative.

Here's the info on the deceased in my research:

Dorothy was the daughter of Adolph and Olga Berschman.
Aldoph had a sister named Ottile/Tillie Berschman (1897-1970), who married Henry Millat.
They had a son, Henry Millat, who married Dorothy Grass.
They in turn also had a son, Henry Earl (Jr), who, I believe, is alive and was potentially living in/near Detroit, MI in 2005.

I've no idea if that's close enough to be NOK or not?

I checked on Adolph/Tillie's other siblings and struck out:
Helen Berschman married Ted Blaine, but I can find no evidence they had children, and both are deceased.
Ernest Berschman died in 1943, and "Mrs Henry Millat" is the informant on his death certificate, so I'm going to guess he had no closer relatives.
Ida Berschman is in the immigration record with Adolph, Helen and Ottile, but I can find no other record of her.

So help me out here... is this worth reporting to authorities, and if so, what's the next step in sharing this info?

Nice finds, Maybe!! I'm very new to this forum so don't know the next step, just wanted to say good researching!

I've only been here a few days myself, but I'm a complete genealogy addict! :)

I saw 'The Forgotten' TV show ages ago and only recently it was brought to mind again earlier this week via a local news article about a man trying to identify the individuals buried at a former asylum where the records are mostly lost/destroyed.

I dropped back by the NamUS site only to find that they'd added an 'Unclaimed' section, and I thought... "Now I can probably help with *that*!"

Hi guys I contact families on behalf of ME's.... Please don't post living relatives names or numbers in the forum. You can send the to me.

Per our PMs, we're on the same page, Raine.

Is there enough in the thread above for you to work with, and/or should I send it to you directly so that you have it in your PMs to run with?

Thanks so much for being the go-between here; I think I would be much better with the research than with the people! :)

the unclaimed is off the ME's website. Will check with Raine to see about status of case. Thanks all. NM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trendtonone
Back