GUILTY IL - Drew Peterson charged with trying to hire hit man to kill Glasgow

A bitter Drew Peterson stood in a courtroom two years ago and demanded that Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow look him in the eye.

“Never forget my face,” Peterson said as his voice shook with rage. “Never forget what you've done here

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82765216/

Reportedly DrewP has requested a public defender. Greenberg alleges that DrewP's notority has caused him to be a target in prison. (Maybe DrewP shouldn't have given all those public interviews before the trial, huh?)

Article outlines the previous events. The pictures are priceless and include pics of Stacey. But there are none of Kathleen Savio.
Attorney says he has trouble with other inmates because he's a "celebrity". [emoji12]

Uhhm, no, it's because he's a former DIRTY COP who has murdered innocent victims. No telling how many people he terrorized using his badge. I don't imagine he's getting the "star" treatment in lockup like he thinks he merits.

And I am sorry for every one of his kids having to carry his DNA in them. I do hope they each come to grips with what he is and learn about pathological narcissism. They are perhaps his worst victims, next to those he murdered.

How does a person with a 6000 dollar a month pension qualify for a public defender?

I can't help but wonder if the prosecution is worried the conviction might be overturned, thus these new charges. I'm honestly on the fence about this latest information until we hear more evidence.

bbm
My question exactly. Is he paying fines out of that money? (choke) Alimony or child support? (I hope he is) As I said earlier, it's a bit more than the prison would allow for his monthly canteen account. Six g's a month would pay for a good lawyer, IMO. He certainly has no expense within the prison except for snacks, etc. $72,000/yr, which he has been getting at least since he went to prison, should be a pretty nice little nest egg by now unless he does have a commitment for some type of debt or fine repayment or something (how much do alleged hitmen want for an alleged job??). But no, let's let the good citizens of the state pay for his room & board, clothing, haircuts, and his attorney. Dayam.

And yes, we do need to hear more details...

IMO, he is the very type of LE which we all hope there are no more. And stupid (IMO) besides.

“We’re going to talk about the rules of engagement,” Kaupas said. “You’re going to have national media going up against Chicago media; video against print. … They’re going to want cameras in the courtroom. … Helicopters will be flying overhead … ”

http://www.buglenewspapers.com/joliet/article_930fab7c-b265-11e4-a2c1-3fdbf04f6882.html

Taking DrewP to trial is not a simple matter

If he were paying child support to Stacy, in IL he would be paying 28% of his net income. There are no taxes on a pension (afaik). Take 28% of the 6000 for the kids and let the state keep the rest.

http://www.childsupportillinois.com/general/calculating.html
I'm just curious; what happened to Kathleen Savio's estate in regards to taking care of the kids? Seems I vaguely remember a bogus will he rigged up claiming (of all the ridiculous things I've heard yet about him) that Kathleen willed her estate equally to her own 2 children AND to Stacy's 2 children. What a crock. That alone should have sounded alerts immediately after Kathleen's death.

Who is administering those funds and are they still equally distributed among all 4 offspring? Between that, her life insurance, and Drewski's pension, that's a lot of money.

Has his former LE officer son ever become employed again? Or is he counting on living off daddy's pension, Kathleen's estate, her life insurance, and monthly social security benefits for 4 children left motherless, not to mention whatever businesses and big boy toys of value Drew owned.

Total Mark Winger move. Wonder if ole Drew followed that case?

If he were paying child support to Stacy, in IL he would be paying 28% of his net income.
There are no taxes on a pension (afaik). Take 28% of the 6000 for the kids and let the state keep the rest.
. bbm

Appears some or all pension income may be subject to US fed inc tax. *[SIZE=-1]
IDK about IL state inc tax.
[/SIZE]_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
* From IRS Pub. 17, page 77, www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p17.pdf.

"How To Report If you file Form 1040, report your total annuity on line 16a and the taxable part on line 16b.
If your pension or annuity is fully taxable, enter it on line 16b;...."

"Taxation of Periodic Payments
"Fully taxable payments.
Generally, if you did not pay any part of the cost of your employee pension or annuity and
your employer did not withhold part of the cost from your pay while you worked,
the amounts you receive each year are fully taxable. You must report them on your income tax return.
Partly taxable payments.
If you paid part of the cost of your pension or annuity, you are not taxed on the part of the pension or annuity you receive that represents a return of your cost. The rest of the amount you receive is generally taxable. You figure the tax-free part of the payment using either the Simplified Method or the General Rule...."
bbm sbm

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/28244217/drew-peterson

Three weeks after being charged in a murder for hire plot, former Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson will be back in a downstate courtroom to face the charges...

Fox 32 News has learned two FBI Agents have been subpoenaed to testify at the preliminary hearing and it's believed that part of their testimony will focus on secretly recorded conversations between Drew Peterson and another inmate at the Menard Correctional Center where Peterson allegedly discussed the murder for hire plot...

Tuesday's hearing may only last 15-to-30 minutes according to Judge Richard Brown who will preside over the hearing. All he needs to do if find probable cause that the crime occurred, a very low legal threshold, and Peterson will be ordered to stand trial.

Drew Peterson has a new lawyer and, it seems, a new legal strategy.
The retired Bolingbrook police sergeant waived a preliminary hearing Tuesday in a surprise move that prevented prosecutors from publicly airing details of his alleged murder-for-hire plot.
His downstate attorney, Lucas Liefer, said it was a decision based on their desire to minimize interest in the case.
Instead, Peterson entered a plea of not guilty and asked to schedule his trial as soon as possible. A trial was tentatively set for late July.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rson-solicitation-hearing-20150303-story.html

From the above Chicago Tribune link:

After sitting down at the defense table, Peterson turned to the media and whispered, "Check this out." Then he put on a pair of clunky, prison-issued bifocals.
He also smiled at courtroom sketch artists, pointing at his mouth as if to suggest his grin should be included in their renderings.

After sitting down at the defense table, Peterson turned to the media and whispered, "Check this out." Then he put on a pair of clunky, prison-issued bifocals.
He also smiled at courtroom sketch artists, pointing at his mouth as if to suggest his grin should be included in their renderings.

Yep, that man will never change. Nor will he ever tell where Stacy is. imo

I would not be in the LEAST surprised if he committed this latest crime, knowing he would be caught, for the sheer purpose of getting himself an audience again. He truly is one for the pathological narcissism textbooks. I bet he vetted attorneys based on who feeds him the most "you're a celebrity" bullchit. Desperate man dying in prison from lack of attention. I wish they'd shut down ALL media coverage of him forever. And ever.

If he were paying child support to Stacy, in IL he would be paying 28% of his net income. There are no taxes on a pension (afaik). Take 28% of the 6000 for the kids and let the state keep the rest.

That would be one solution. Another would be for his pension to be attached to pay judgements for civil suits brought by both murdered wives' families and then let THEM use the money to support the children of those marriages. Neither of those mothers would have chosen to have their children raised by Drew's clone-ish son, IMO. How do we know the children have not been victims of parental alienation perpetrated against their mothers in the same fashion that Drew committed before he was caged for life? Every time I even think of that man I can feel those mothers rolling over in their graves. I hope someday those kids will seek to discover who their moms really were beyond what they've been fed by the criminally pathological.

Drew Peterson was a law enforcement officer, that thought he not only was smarter than everyone, but above the law. Smart ? No, Cocky, Yes. Definitely proved without a doubt he isn't as bright as believed. I think his conviction proved differently.

He was on the news tonight and I swear I wanted to reach through the TV and punch him one. He is so cocky and arrogant I don't understand how he ever got a woman.jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back