Found Deceased IL - Emily Anderson, 25, Loves Park, 19 June 2017

Here’s the facts:

Emily’s case is considered an active, open and unsolved case.

The night Emily went missing she worked till about 10:30 PM at Shooters In Loves Park, IL. Emily then went to Walmart where she purchased a Father’s Day card and gift. Emily then met JS at Rascals Bar & Grill. After a while she left and went to Neighbor's Bar & Grill to meet friends, where she stayed till 2 AM. Emily is also on camera leaving alone at 2 AM and seemingly unfollowed at that time.

Emily’s COD is unknown, this is because when Emily was found she had NO soft tissue. This is due to her being in the river for so long. Which means Emily had no fingertips, toes and her lungs were too badly decomposed to see if she aspirated. However Emily’s toxicology report showed 1. Nicotine (she was an avid smoker) 2. Keppra (her seizure medication, which she took faithfully). The only salvageable portion of Emily’s body was a SLIVER of her liver, which is what they were able to pull from for the toxicology report. The corner said if anymore time had passed they might not of ever been able to do that.

There is roughly 40 minutes unaccounted for from when she left Neighbors Bar & Grill In Loves Park, IL to when she got to Steak N Shake in Machesney Park. Steak N Shake also at the time had NO cameras, so that was unhelpful. As we all know the two distances are roughly 5 minutes apart IF not less, especially at 2 AM with no traffic around. Emily’s card was swiped at Steak N Shake around 2:40 AM 6/19/17, which has been verified as her.

While Emily was missing there was someone going around pulling down fliers as soon as they would go up. This person has yet to be identified. He would tell people she doesn’t want to be found, he knows where she’s at and that he was part of her family.

While Emily was missing a friend of hers turned in a mutual friend of his and Emily's. He claimed the friend confessed to him, then took and passed a lie detector test as to what he was telling the police to be truthful. The person that’s been accused has an alibi and others around him have told Emily's sister he’s confessed to them s well. Yet they openly say they are too scared of him to turn him in.

Emily’s car was ON AND IN NEUTRAL when pulled from the river, with the driver side window less than an inch cracked.

NO ONE has been able to verify why Emily was headed in the direction as to where her car was found. As it is the complete opposite of where Emily lived at the time.

Roughly two months ago someone was logging into Emily’s Instagram and following her friends (no one else) on there. The police have told Cait they have "no solution for why this has happened as well. " (I put quotes on this since it is odd wording)

*All of the above is information from Emily's sister and can be found on Emily's facebook.

https://967theeagle.net/two-years-ago-today-a-car-and-body-was-found-still-no-answers/

71915277_2778438758856709_8422019736006557696_n.jpg

Emily's sister moved to Florida shortly after this. If anyone in Illinois truly cares about justice and believes she was dumped, then here are some steps to take:

1. Have a fundraiser and hire a PI. One of Emily's friends has a Criminal Justice degree, maybe start there.
2. Poster bomb every club and bar in the scene Emily used to circulate in
3. Make justice for Emily shirts or wristbands
4. Keep it on the radio - dedicate a song to her Every Single Week during prime time
5. Call each of these departments and ask if they have a female detective. This isn't about sexism, but about finding someone with first-hand empathy for women's issues and abuse. Then tell her everything you know about the months leading up to Emily's death.
Loves Park Police (815) 654-5015
Machesney Park Police (815) 877-5432
Rockton Police (815) 624-8881
Roscoe Police (815) 623-7338
Rockford Police (815) 966-2900

6. Join Websleuths as a VI and help us help you.

Last edited:
I'm one of the friends that has been trying to keep up with the case for years. I heard the confession rumours and a lot of the other things. I had a strange add on my insta not too long ago and I'm not really active on facebook to see that someone had logged into insta her account (i'm not sure where that info was posted if anyone can help me out with that). Would it be possible for someone to PM me? I know we can't post a lot here in the forum but I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Just reading about this case, and haven’t checked the Facebook threads yet; but, is it possible she could have been spotted in Walmart by someone with ill intentions, who walked outside, waited in their car, and then followed her car out of the parking lot. Maybe then, she noticed she was possibly being followed, so she tried to lose them, hence why she was going in the opposite direction of home? From there, she could have 1) lost the follower but also gotten lost/disoriented/accidentally driven into river; or, 2) subsequently been caught up to by follower, which then resulted in her being sent into River?

I say this because something similar to me happened leaving a Walmart during similar hours. I’m a young female, and noticed a car pull out of the parking lot quite rapidly after I did, and noticed that it seemed to be fervently pursuing my car. I, luckily, was in a big city, and a familiar area in which I was able to lose them and make my way to a populated street.

I still to this day check my rear views nonstop, no longer shop at those hours, and stay alert. I also always try to park in an area where I am less likely to be able to be trapped in, and always remember: if you feel you’re being followed, make either four rights or four lefts. If they’re still behind you, you most likely are.

This is about a case in my hometown. 6 years ago in Loves Park IL, 23 yr old Emily Dull-Anderson disappeared after finishing her shift at the local Walmart on June 18th 2017. I'll admit that I didn't pay much attention to the case as it was happening, but then again, the local media really didn't either. There was a flurry of short news reports following her disappearance and another set of similar reports after her body was found inside her car in the Rock River on October 8th 2017. I haven't heard much regarding this case since, but out of curiosity, I went digging through local news reports and aside from recaps for the first 2 anniversaries and a report stating that the autopsy had been released but not actually giving any details about the results, there wasn't much. The best source I was able to find was an article from the Missing Person's Awareness Network that recounts what CCTV footage was able to tell us about Emily's movements after she left Walmart and before she disappeared. I didn't know her personally but I have friends and family members who did, and for 6 years there have been no answers. It doesn't seem like the police did much of an investigation beyond a brief search for a missing adult. I'm reaching out to the WebSluths hoping that we can pull together and find some real answers. I know that a lot of people who knew her, our mutual friends included, have always thought that her disappearance and death were incredibly suspicious. Looking at the case after much more experience looking into true crime cases than I had 6 years ago, I have to agree. Something is definitely wrong here, I just don't know what. I'll link the local news reports I was able to find, as well as the MPAN Article I found below. Please help.

Emily Ann Dull-Anderson, 25 June 19, 2017 Loves Park, Winnebag Illinois <--- Missing Persons' Awareness Network Article

Emily Anderson's family still looking for answers one year after her body was found <--- Local News Covering 1st anniversary

Update: Autopsy on Body Found in Emily Anderson’s Car <--- Autopsy report release announcement (not autopsy report itself)

Interesting!

The family members of the deceased are crime victims. They can contact the prosecutor's office for Victim Assistance:

Consider contacting media -- perhaps starting with the mystateline publication -- to ask for updates. Any local TV stations would be good for this as well.

@Illinois Dave just trying to tag posters who might be local. Right now I can't think of any Illinois posters.

Consider checking threads covering other Illinois crimes for locals.

Please keep us posted.

jmho ymmv lrr

Interesting!

The family members of the deceased are crime victims. They can contact the prosecutor's office for Victim Assistance:

Consider contacting media -- perhaps starting with the mystateline publication -- to ask for updates. Any local TV stations would be good for this as well.

@Illinois Dave just trying to tag posters who might be local. Right now I can't think of any Illinois posters.

Consider checking threads covering other Illinois crimes for locals.

Please keep us posted.

jmho ymmv lrr
Looking at the information from the CCTV footage described in the article I found, every place she went that night was within a relatively small area, with the biggest distance being Hooters, but the Walmart and the Steak N Shake are maybe a five minute drive away from each other going 30-50 mph which is the range of speed limits around there.

The bigger red flag for me, is who was she supposedly dropping off? Her last text says she was dropping off a friend and planned to head home after that but, who was it? Where did that have her going? Whoever that was, I would think, knows a lot more about what happened than we do since they were most likely the last person to see her alive.

Here’s the facts:

Emily’s case is considered an active, open and unsolved case.

The night Emily went missing she worked till about 10:30 PM at Shooters In Loves Park, IL. Emily then went to Walmart where she purchased a Father’s Day card and gift. Emily then met JS at Rascals Bar & Grill. After a while she left and went to Neighbor's Bar & Grill to meet friends, where she stayed till 2 AM. Emily is also on camera leaving alone at 2 AM and seemingly unfollowed at that time.

Emily’s COD is unknown, this is because when Emily was found she had NO soft tissue. This is due to her being in the river for so long. Which means Emily had no fingertips, toes and her lungs were too badly decomposed to see if she aspirated. However Emily’s toxicology report showed 1. Nicotine (she was an avid smoker) 2. Keppra (her seizure medication, which she took faithfully). The only salvageable portion of Emily’s body was a SLIVER of her liver, which is what they were able to pull from for the toxicology report. The corner said if anymore time had passed they might not of ever been able to do that.

There is roughly 40 minutes unaccounted for from when she left Neighbors Bar & Grill In Loves Park, IL to when she got to Steak N Shake in Machesney Park. Steak N Shake also at the time had NO cameras, so that was unhelpful. As we all know the two distances are roughly 5 minutes apart IF not less, especially at 2 AM with no traffic around. Emily’s card was swiped at Steak N Shake around 2:40 AM 6/19/17, which has been verified as her.

While Emily was missing there was someone going around pulling down fliers as soon as they would go up. This person has yet to be identified. He would tell people she doesn’t want to be found, he knows where she’s at and that he was part of her family.

While Emily was missing a friend of hers turned in a mutual friend of his and Emily's. He claimed the friend confessed to him, then took and passed a lie detector test as to what he was telling the police to be truthful. The person that’s been accused has an alibi and others around him have told Emily's sister he’s confessed to them s well. Yet they openly say they are too scared of him to turn him in.

Emily’s car was ON AND IN NEUTRAL when pulled from the river, with the driver side window less than an inch cracked.

NO ONE has been able to verify why Emily was headed in the direction as to where her car was found. As it is the complete opposite of where Emily lived at the time.

Roughly two months ago someone was logging into Emily’s Instagram and following her friends (no one else) on there. The police have told Cait they have "no solution for why this has happened as well. " (I put quotes on this since it is odd wording)

*All of the above is information from Emily's sister and can be found on Emily's facebook.

https://967theeagle.net/two-years-ago-today-a-car-and-body-was-found-still-no-answers/

71915277_2778438758856709_8422019736006557696_n.jpg

Emily's sister moved to Florida shortly after this. If anyone in Illinois truly cares about justice and believes she was dumped, then here are some steps to take:

1. Have a fundraiser and hire a PI. One of Emily's friends has a Criminal Justice degree, maybe start there.
2. Poster bomb every club and bar in the scene Emily used to circulate in
3. Make justice for Emily shirts or wristbands
4. Keep it on the radio - dedicate a song to her Every Single Week during prime time
5. Call each of these departments and ask if they have a female detective. This isn't about sexism, but about finding someone with first-hand empathy for women's issues and abuse. Then tell her everything you know about the months leading up to Emily's death.
Loves Park Police (815) 654-5015
Machesney Park Police (815) 877-5432
Rockton Police (815) 624-8881
Roscoe Police (815) 623-7338
Rockford Police (815) 966-2900

6. Join Websleuths as a VI and help us help you.
That someone had been taking the fliers down is suspicious. And someone confessed? Do we have any idea who this guy is? What his allibi supposedly was? I grew up right in the area Emily disappeared from but moved out of state 2 years ago. I'd gladly call Loves Park PD myself if I had the info, not like he could do anything with my over 1000+ miles away.

Have you tried posting on a community-based Facebook page, or one for alumni of the high school?

Sometimes these are called Hometown Loves Park or Loves Park High School Alums, for instance. People talk.

jmho ymmv lrr

Have you tried posting on a community-based Facebook page, or one for alumni of the high school?

Sometimes these are called Hometown Loves Park or Loves Park High School Alums, for instance. People talk.

jmho ymmv lrr
I'm trying to figure out which one of the local high schools she attended. Harlem High, which was my almamater would be the district school for that area, but if she lived in Rockford proper the city has 3 or 4 high schools.

I'm trying to figure out which one of the local high schools she attended. Harlem High, which was my almamater would be the district school for that area, but if she lived in Rockford proper the city has 3 or 4 high schools.

jmho ymmv lrr
According to her age, she would have graduated with the class of either 2010 or 2011. I just looked back through my year book from 2010 to see if she was in the Junior or Senior class and she isn't, she's not listed as 'not pictured' either. Based on that information, we know she most likely didn't go to Harlem. I'm going to check the other 4 area high schools.

I am no websleuth but I am Emily's best friend and can answer pretty much any and every question anyone has. Attached is the latest update that just came out in July. She and her family really deserve justice. Loves Park misled a lot of the locals into believing she had a medical emergency and drove into the river on accident, but as someone who has lived with her, I know that there is no way her epilepsy made her drive several miles in the opposite direction of her house and into the Rock River. Her seizures just did not work that way.

As the article says, her sister is convinced that she knows who did it and that they put her there to cover up an overdose or a seizure. I am not so sure about this because I just have a hard time believing she overdosed.

I was personally told about a "mutual friend" from high school who confessed to them while they were drunk that they knew what happened to Emily and played some sort of role, yet he took a lie detector test and had an alibi so he was released. Now, we will never know what he knew because he took his own life a few years back.

He threw out another person's name when he was being interrogated who I believe also took a lie detector test. This is the person who has sold bad batches that have killed people in our old friend group. Emily's sister believes that this is the person responsible.

Another guy gets brought up a lot because he was apparently one of the last few people in communication with her. This is the guy who got a new phone and a new couch and a new bed shortly after she went missing and has a lot of violent charges. I believe that Emily's sister also thinks he has something to do with it.

I do think that this theory does get a bit conspiratorial in that it is believed that Loves Park Police are potentially covering for the person responsible because they are an informant or they were using him to get to some bigshot drug dealer. I, myself, do not have any theories on what happened, but I do find it fishy that these three names keep getting brought up.

They do always say that it is usually someone you know. At the same time, maybe we haven't gotten the answers we want because it has really been someone random the whole time. Her story always reminds me of Mia Zapata from the band, The Gits. She was murdered and they were not able to get justice for a long time despite hiring private investigators. A lot of fingers were pointed at people in the music scene until many years passed and the person who did it was arrested for something else and their DNA was finally in the system. It's all just so weird. I don't know what to think anymore. I just know she did not deserve this.

According to her age, she would have graduated with the class of either 2010 or 2011. I just looked back through my year book from 2010 to see if she was in the Junior or Senior class and she isn't, she's not listed as 'not pictured' either. Based on that information, we know she most likely didn't go to Harlem. I'm going to check the other 4 area high schools.
She went to Harlem freshman and sophmore year and transferred to a christian academy for junior and senior. She was class of '11 and you can find her in the middle school year books. Sources: I'm her best friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back