IL - Gracie Sasso-Cleveland, 15, found in dumpster, DeKalb Co, 4 May 2023 *arrest*

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Police in Illinois found 15-year-old Gracie Sasso-Cleveland’s body in a dumpster, just three...

DEKALB, Ill. (WIFR/Gray News) - An Illinois man is facing charges, including first-degree murder, after police say they found the body of a missing 15-year-old girl in a dumpster near his home.

Police found 15-year-old Gracie Sasso-Cleveland’s body in a dumpster Sunday, just three days after she was reported missing. The DeKalb County Coroner’s Office determined her cause of death was asphyxiation.

Bethany McCall described her reaction to Sasso-Cleveland’s death using words like “shock” and “disbelief.” The teenager used to babysit McCall’s son, according to WIFR.

“You never think something like this would happen to someone so close to you,” McCall said. “She was a good girl. She didn’t go out and do bad stuff or party, like lots of kids her age would. I don’t even think she’s been in trouble with the cops.”

McCall remembers Sasso-Cleveland as bright and warm.

“Hanging out with her and my son, going to the park,” she said. “She was always fun running around with him. She’d always make him laugh and that made me laugh. We would go camping and hiking quite a bit together.”

Police say Timothy Doll, a 29-year-old registered sex offender, faces several charges in relation to Sasso-Cleveland’s death, including first-degree murder, concealment of a homicide, aggravated criminal sexual abuse and domestic battery. The dumpster in which the teenager’s body was found is located next to Doll’s residence, according to police.

“For the family and everybody who loved this young girl, you have our heartfelt condolence from the DeKalb Police Department,” Police Chief David Byrd said.

Doll was taken into custody Sunday after police say they found evidence linking him to an alleged romantic relationship with Sasso-Cleveland. He is accused of trying to cover up her death by putting her body in the dumpster and throwing her phone away nearby, WIFR reports.

Timothy Doll, 29, was in “a dating relationship” with the high school victim, Gracie Sasso-Cleveland, according to the DeKalb Police Department. He has now been charged with murder, among other charges.

“He’s a predator, and he sought out this 15 year old, and snuffed her life out,” DeKalb Police Chief David Byrd told WLS.

Doll, a registered sex offender, was arrested Sunday and formally charged Monday. Police said he killed Gracie as they were arguing.

“He held the victim down and suffocated her with a pillow until she lost consciousness, to which she did not recover,” police said. “He later put her body in the dumpster, removed her personal items from his apartment and threw her phone away in the garbage at another location.”

I would hardly call grooming, statutory rape, and murder by a sexual predator a "dating relationship"

What a waste, sounds like Gracie was well liked and could have had a bright future ahead. We'll never know. :(

Grrrrrr.
At least he's been charged with a Big Crime. SMH. Apparently he has already been named a RSO prior to this, IINM -- that won't sound too good in the courtroom...

What a sweet-looking young teen. She was just growing into pre-adulthood. With friends, school, fun times, friend and family get-togethers, etc, etc. Just gone, leaving behind people who truly loved her.
It just never stops, does it???
Grrrrr.
-------------------------------
I just saw this -- please forgive if it's a repeat:
-------------------------------

Ill. Girl, 15, Found Dead in Dumpster — and Sex Offender in Alleged 'Relationship' with Her Is Charged​

Police allege Timothy Doll, 29, suffocated Gracie Sasso-Cleveland with a pillow before putting her body in a dumpster

By Christine Pelisek

Published on May 10, 2023 02:29 PM
--------------------------------------------
A 29-year-old sex offender is accused of killing a 15-year-old girl and placing her body in a dumpster in Illinois.

Timothy M. Doll was charged Monday with first-degree murder, aggravated criminal sex abuse, concealment of a homicide, aggravated domestic battery, obstruction of justice, unlawful restraint and unlawful communication by a child sex offender in connection with the May 4 death of Gracie A. Sasso-Cleveland.

More here:

Last edited:
IMO both counts relate to this murder. It is fairly common to see more than one count per victim. It's early, they will settle on one count. Unless she was pregnant and there's more to it than we know?

What I want to know is why this case is not getting more attention anywhere. Have we, as a society, seen this so many times that we just are not as affected anymore?

IMO both counts relate to this murder. It is fairly common to see more than one count per victim. It's early, they will settle on one count. Unless she was pregnant and there's more to it than we know?

What I want to know is why this case is not getting more attention anywhere. Have we, as a society, seen this so many times that we just are not as affected anymore?
I am surprised it hasn't gotten more publicity. I only found out about it from seeing a missing persons link on fb. I know with sexual assault, robbery, I'm used to seeing that sort of charge as multiple, I was just surprised to see 2 counts of murder, I thought there might be another victim.

Was this guy a family friend or hanging with the family in some capacity or just Gracie?
Mom seemed to know him by name, before this, and knew her child was around him...just wondering how/why/in what capacity was mom aware of?

All I had to do was google his name," Gracie's mother Ericka Sasso told WREX. "It would've taken me two seconds. I just didn't think to do it. It makes me sick that all I had to was google his name and I would've seen who he was. I'll never forgive myself. So for any mother out there, find out who your kids are around. Google them, anything it takes."

Ill. Girl, 15, Found Dead in Dumpster — and Sex Offender in Alleged 'Relationship' with Her Is Charged

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back