Identified! IL - Jefferson Co, Wht Fem 30-50, 166UFIL, wry neck syndrome, Jan'93 - Susan Hope Lund

from the link - "Lund had three young children, all under age 6, and was pregnant when she went missing from her home on Harrier Court, off Jack Miller Boulevard, according to Leaf-Chronicle archives from 1993. Her husband, Paul Lund, was a Fort Campbell soldier.

Clarksville Police abandoned the search for Susan Lund after two weeks, saying they believed she had left Clarksville “by her own choice” and was alive and well living in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, where they said she was seen the week after Christmas.

A few weeks later, Paul Lund said his wife had been seen on Interstate 65 near Louisville, “looking thin, pale, attired in the same clothes she was wearing the night she vanished,” according to a Feb. 24, 1993, Leaf-Chronicle article."

horrible, she was pregnant :( i wonder if she was really seen or it was mistaken identity. who did this?

Im having a hard time believing a pregnant woman with young children would leave her home at night on Christmas Eve to walk to a grocery store. Stories of wives who suddenly leave to take walks late on cold nights never seem to end well.

ETA:That grocery store was 4 miles away. Apparently her husband couldn't drive her?

Last edited:
Well, she had decent dental care until she was around 18 or so. Then it all went downhill. She wasn't homeless or a druggy.

I often wonder about the torticollis?
Totricollis is a muscle spasm. Everyone has had torticollis at some time or another. It's another word for a "stiff neck"

There must be some vertebral damage? But heck when someone is decapitated, who knows?

I think you know where I'm going here..She had previous trauma and it appears to have healed :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I read more about wry neck syndrome and it says that with a proper diagnosis it is treatable. It also says that this often occurs shortly after birth. If this individual had this syndrome since birth that would placer her being born around the 70s. This syndrome most likely had no cure when she was born as well as in the 90s. I am wondering if the syndrome caused other health problems or if she had any disabilities as well as wry neck. Does anyone else have information or thoughts about this?
It's a symptom or presentation. It can be caused by sleeping wrong. It's a fancy name for "stiff neck"
I have it alot. She must have had structural issues, but they aren't described.

Im having a hard time believing a pregnant woman with young children would leave her home at night on Christmas Eve to walk to a grocery store. Stories of wives who suddenly leave to take walks late on cold nights never seem to end well.

ETA:That grocery store was 4 miles away. Apparently her husband couldn't drive her?

I didn't want to say it, but I had the same thoughts. Very suspicious. She was by all accounts a loving mother of 3 kids and pregnant with her 4th. I really don't think she would just run away out of the blue on Christmas Eve while claiming to be on her way to the grocery store. It sounds like the "dad went out for a pack of cigarettes and never came home" trope, but slightly altered. Kind of sounds like something someone trying to mislead Susan's kids would say to make them feel like she abandoned them.

I'm not jumping straight to the husband because she was found over a month later, but I do have suspicions about the whole thing.

There must be some vertebrae damage? But heck when someone is decapitated, who knows?

I think you know where I'm going here..She had previous trauma and it appears to have healed...:rolleyes:

I didn't want to say it, but yeah, I agree. The Doe Network page mentioned the torticollis being caused by previous head/neck trauma. It is not sounding good.

I want justice for Susan.

Ms. Lund's daughter Crystal mentioned on Facebook that she distinctly remembers her mother leaving the house, and that their dad did not go with her.

Ms. Lund's daughter Crystal mentioned on Facebook that she distinctly remembers her mother leaving the house, and that their dad did not go with her.

Ok. Thats interesting information and would be highly unusual. Was their car not working or out of gas? Did the mother normall walk 4 miles tobshop at the grocery store at night, even in cold weather? Did their father seem upsrt that the mother was leaving like that? Did he not offer to give her a ride?

Something just seems really wrong in this scenario.

The whole thing is so suspicious. I wonder if she left to meet someone. A friend, or lover, or family member. Maybe someone she didn't want her husband to know she was meeting. Maybe she planned to leave with them, or they convinced or forced her to leave. The time between her leaving and being found was just over a month, but there's never been a PMI that I know of other than just '1993'. If it was cold enough, is it possible she did die around the time she left, and the winter weather kept her cold enough to preserve her? It's also possible to arrange for someone to be killed without ever leaving the house.

I'm shocked that LE didn't make much attempt to find her. Even though she was pregnant, and had supposedly been seen (according to the husband) wandering the road looking thin and still in the clothes she left in. I think there's a lot of background info that we aren't being told (and rightly, since it's an ongoing investigation).

Ok. Thats interesting information and would be highly unusual. Was their car not working or out of gas? Did the mother normall walk 4 miles tobshop at the grocery store at night, even in cold weather? Did their father seem upsrt that the mother was leaving like that? Did he not offer to give her a ride?

Something just seems really wrong in this scenario.
I read in a newspaper article that a neighbor said the Lunds did not own a car and it was not unusual for Susan to walk long distances.

But an 8 mi. round trip in the winter carrying heavy groceries while pregnant?

It doesn't sound right to me still.
Oh, I completely agree that it's very sketchy, I just wanted to add that they didn't own a car so that would be the reason he wouldn't have offered a ride to her. I find it extremely odd that she went missing on Christmas Eve and he didn't report her missing until 12/28. Why would anyone not report their pregnant wife missing for 4 whole days if she just left to run a quick errand and never returned? That doesn't make any sense to me.

There must be some vertebrae damage? But heck when someone is decapitated, who knows?

I think you know where I'm going here..She had previous trauma and it appears to have healed...:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that the diagnosis of Torticollis was completely off. The masculine, progressively asymmetrical jawline and mild progressive asyemmetry in the rest of the skull is suggestive of a genetic condition called hyperostosis frontalis interna.

Hyperostosis Frontalis Interna - NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorders)

Last edited:
This includes interview w/ Susan Lund's sisters:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/missing-clarksville-woman-linked-to-30-year-old-cold-case

"It was hard to believe some of the stories that said she ran away," said Pamela Reyes, Lund's sister. "We always believed something had happened to her."

Reyes and another sister, Anne Marie Miley, both said they were shocked to just recently hear their sister was found.

Reyes and Miley said they're so grateful to the people who took this on.

"All the hours and time and money they spent giving my sister a name, bringing her back to us, it's remarkable. I can't thank them enough, my family can't thank them enough," Reyes said.

Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Bullard said the new information meant the investigation is reopened.

The family couldn't say much, but they hope new details can mean a resolution to the case."

Weather in TN on Christmas Eve in 1992 was in the 50s. Not saying its not cold but as a a midwestern that's a heat wave for us in the winter months lol.

Bumping Ina Doe with this newspaper article from January 1993.

murders007-124-gif.169510

Good article posted earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
Could her case be in anyway connected to the Redhead Murders?

The Redhead Murders confuses me because there is nothing to me that indicates they're connected, but I know others disagree.

Oh, I completely agree that it's very sketchy, I just wanted to add that they didn't own a car so that would be the reason he wouldn't have offered a ride to her. I find it extremely odd that she went missing on Christmas Eve and he didn't report her missing until 12/28. Why would anyone not report their pregnant wife missing for 4 whole days if she just left to run a quick errand and never returned? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Agree! IDK what happened, but something is very off.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinabluemoon
Back