IL IL - John Spira, 45, DuPage County, 23 Feb 2007

Three missing people. Saturday their families united in one mission: to figure out what happened to Stacy Peterson, Lisa Stebic and John Spira.

It has been exactly one year since John Spira disappeared without a trace. Soon after, his business went up in flames. His family fears foul play led to his unexplained absence.

Spira's family is working with the relatives of other missing people in the area in their search for answers. It is a unique bond these families share. Over the months they've had to learn to organize searches, master the media, and privately cope with the very real possibility that they may never find the answers they seek.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5977213

I don't think it should be overlooked the connection between him and Drew Peterson. If what has been said is true.. Drew Peterson very well could have knowledge about where John Spira is. IMO Drew Peterson potentially holds the key to a lot of missing person and murder cases.

What is the connection between John Spira and Drew Peterson?

What is the connection between John Spira and Drew Peterson?

Here you go. Ric Mims was Drew's best friend. IIRC, Drew did sidework with Mims.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1853882&postcount=170

12-16-2007, 01:21 AM
MrsBuckWeaver
user_offline.gif

I didn't see this possibility listen on this thread:

From findstacy, an owner of a cable company --

Missing: John M Spira
http://www.johnspira.com/
FYI-I posted this due to Oakbrook connection. also owner of a cable company. There is a Richard Mims listed as the Rep for cable companies in Illinois. DP possibly wearing At+T jacket. Comcast/At+t stickers/magnets possibly observed in DP garage. Blue crates possibly from cable company. In addition to this guy missing/possible homicide etc...

His band, the Rabble Rousers, played at Bolingbrook venues. (for what its worth). One of his hobbies was also aviation.

Um, wow... far fetched... maybe? Maybe not. Very interesting.

Update from John's family's website… I know it's a couple of months out of date, I have a slipped disc, okay?! LOL... Hoping for satisfaction for John's family soon...

"November 9th, 2008

Last month I traveled back to Chicago for one more search before the snow fall. It started out as just me wanting to go back and have a look around by myself, but after I spoke with Sean Henady of Aerial Image, Inc., the search grew to include Sean, a team of searchers who’ve been diligently involved in the Stacy Peterson search, a dog team and their hardworking handlers, the County of Dupage Sheriff’s Department, the Forest Preserve police and a group of die hard friends. The Stacy Peterson team, and specifically Roy Taylor, generously allowed us the use of and assistance with their boat, the Stacy Anne, to search various waterways. We were able to do some underwater sonar searching and have definitively been able to cross some areas off our list of areas to be searched thanks to the technology and resources we were able to utilize.

Since our search, Sean, County of Dupage, and others have continued to search professionally and the group has grown to include 2 additional dog teams. Seems like John’s case finally has some momentum of its own and the investigation has a renewed vigor. I can’t say it enough, but I and my family are eternally grateful for the renewed interest and all the help John is finally receiving. The guy who is responsible for John’s murder (and yes, that’s the ONLY possible explanation), and those that know what happened but aren’t talking, should be very nervous because it’s just a matter of time before we find you, convict you and put you away. It will happen.

To all who’ve supported our efforts, thank you again. Stephanie"

Bumping for John and his family. This week marked the two year anniversary of Johns disappearance. I didn't see any new news, other than his sister updated Johns site in early Feb of this year.

Continued prayers for John and his family.

Sending warm wishes to John's family on this sad anniversary and wishing for news and resolution for them and John, whom I do not believe just walked away from them. There appears to be more than mischief afoot in this case, for reasons unknown to me...

This month marks the three year anniversary of Johns disappearance.

His sister is still keeping the website updated.

John Spira ID Discovery Show Will Air 3/15/10
January 7th, 2010
Finally, the show we taped a year ago will air on 3/15/10. It’s already been advertised but I’m not sure what channel; it’s on cable. If you scroll down you can see the sneak peak. Please tune in and spread the word!

http://www.johnspira.com/

Still keeping John and his family in our prayers.

This happened so close to me and it was the reason I found this website but I never knew they had trouble putting the fire out cause bullet were exploding!! His ex and business partner seem like shady people. Has his ex received any money?

This happened so close to me and it was the reason I found this website but I never knew they had trouble putting the fire out cause bullet were exploding!! His ex and business partner seem like shady people. Has his ex received any money?

According to Johns sister that is still pending. I'm very very close to this area too.

What always bothered me were the signs. What happened with the signs? who took them down? Directly across the street from the location John went missing is one odd house close to an industrial/commercial area. Most of the land across the street and kiddie corner is owned by the county.... forest preserve or some kind of 'forest preserve' house owned by the county. Not really any residential homes, unless one goes further west a bit on St. Charles Road.

I'm close enough I always think wherever John was disposed, I have to drive by it all the time. .

There was a newer, HUGE I mean gargantuous church built recently on the north side of Rt 64, North Avenue. It's like a 'hummer' church in that it is HUGE!

I'd like to know which businesses was this cable company contracting with when John went missing, and did Johns sister ever hire a PI?

I'm glad that this case will be getting more publicity. Maybe the local papers will pick up that Investigation Discovery will be running this show and, heck, even if they only focus on the airing of the program, it'll get his name and picture back out there. I think those responsible for him being missing have already been named and that it's just going to take someone having seen something or heard something to come forward to tie it all together.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7291699

John Garcia
February 22, 2010

(WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- The DuPage County Sheriff's Department says it has not given up on its search for a missing west suburban businessman.

John Spira, 45, of St. Charles has been missing since February 23, 2007.

There are other missing person cases in the Chicago area that have gotten more attention, but investigators say that few are more mysterious than the circumstances surrounding John Spira's disappearance.

Spira, co-owner of Universal Cable Construction, was last seen at a company outing in West Chicago. He was also a blues guitarist who played in a number of local clubs with his band, the Rabble Rousers.

Spira's family has been out searching a number of time times and even had a group of 40 people helping on one occasion. They have also handed out fliers to help generate tips for detectives. But so far, nothing has helped to direct the investigation in a specific direction.

I'm glad to see something in the news about John. It's hard to say either way, but I can't believe he'd walk away from everything including the music that he loved so much. I wonder if it would be too far out there of a thought, that perhaps if he did walk (and I always doubt that, but the possibility exists) that he picked up with a band playing similiar music, similiar age members, somewhere else..... maybe any sleuths who are music buffs might want to look at that angle.

I do pray he is found safely, and I am glad to see a statement from DuPage County Sheriff's office they are still looking at BOTH possibilities.

Musician Businessman Still Missing After 3 Years

Friends, Family Fear Foul Play In February 2007 Disappearance

What happened to "Chicago Johnny"?

For nearly three years, investigators have been looking for a local musician who vanished without a trace.

His friends and family are refusing to give up the search, CBS 2's Pamela Jones reports.

John Spira disappeared February 23, 2007. His family says his car was found at the West Chicago cable company he co-owned, Universal Cable. Relatives say Spira's business partner was one of the last people to see him alive that day. Seven months later, fire destroyed the cable business. Spira's family is left with little more than questions.

more at link
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Johnny.Spira.missing.2.1512420.html

Public's help sought in probe:

<snip> On the third anniversary of his disappearance, the DuPage County sheriff's office asks anyone with information to call (630) 407-2333. For details, visit johnspira.com.

very small article at the daily herald.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=361155&src=2

Search for 'Chicago Johnny' continues

http://www.wbbm780.com/Search-for--Chicago-Johnny--continues/6416451

<snip>

Along with being co-owner of Universal, Spira was a recreational pilot and was well-known on the local blues scene, the release said. Nicknamed "Chicago Johnny," he was an accomplished guitarist and played with the blues band "The Rabble Rousers."

Spira is 5-foot-8 and 160 pounds with hazel eyes and brown hair.

The case is considered "active" and anyone with information should call the sheriff's office at (630) 407-2333.

full article at above link.

Spira&#8217;s disappearance will be featured next month as part of the Investigation Discovery cable channel show, &#8220;Disappeared.&#8221; The segment will air starting on March 15.

&#8220;I am hoping the show will bring new leads and interest to the case,&#8221; McNeil said. &#8220;The more people who know about the case, the better.&#8221;

The family has also engaged the services of a former federal prosecutor who McNeil said is the country&#8217;s foremost expert in prosecuting &#8220;no body&#8221; murder cases.

full article at link:

http://www.kcchronicle.com/articles/2010/02/22/18905485/index.xml

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix