GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that did happen. Said it was a masked person. So don't know if it was an ex gf of a BF and it could have been TS.

Even if I do not know for sure, but I think it is more likely that woman would do something like that.

If it was TS he wouldn't have been wearing a mask since so far he hasn't done anything in an attempt to divert the attention from himself.

What were you observations?

Does anyone know if Katrina's phone was turned off at 8 pm? Any other finger prints on her phone when it was found. Still perplexed if any evidence was found in her car.

I saw her brother mentioned he has tried to call her every evening till her phone was found.
So I am not sure how the information came about that her phone last pinged at 8 pm on the evening of her disappearance.

I saw her brother mentioned he has tried to call her every evening till her phone was found.
So I am not sure how the information came about that her phone last pinged at 8 pm on the evening of her disappearance.

I asked the same thing, it either meant last ping for that night or that the phone was turned off.

Even if I do not know for sure, but I think it is more likely that woman would do something like that.

If it was TS he wouldn't have been wearing a mask since so far he hasn't done anything in an attempt to divert the attention from himself.

He hasn't done anything to divert attention? He whined about how hurt his feelings were that people were suggesting that he did it. He also was going to have a press conference to "clear up his past".

I just came from the Benefit held for Katrina at Caseys Pub. I met Mr. Smith and had the opportunity to watch him for a considerable amount of time. The turn-out was great, far better than I would have imagined. At least three of our television stations were there, so it will be covered on the local news again, which helps. I live only a few blocks from where TS and Katrina lived. As far as the Rock River goes, I have searched along the River twice now from South Rockford to Byron IL. There are far too many places that are inaccessible for a thorough search. I had no idea that the last cell ping was from the Beloit area. Guess where I'm going.

:welcome:Commoncents!

thanks for the input regarding the Benefit for Katrina!

Please tell us more... If you would...

Thanks so very much LMstyle for giving me that perfect synopsis answering thoroughly my question regarding Todd's name change..its greatly appreciated:)

Oh and btw
welcome2.gif
to Websleuths!

Thanks so very much LMstyle for giving me that perfect synopsis answering thoroughly my question regarding Todd's name change..its greatly appreciated:)

Oh and btw
welcome2.gif
to Websleuths!

Aww thanks for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it.

Any luck on the scanner archive Nellie? I really want to know when she was reported missing and by who.

Sorry to bring this up, but I don't recall reading anything in MSM about the disparaging flyers besides the newscaster post who wanted to know more about it. Has this been confirmed or is it rumor? TIA.

Actually if you read http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/d...rative_actions/2011/october/toddsmith_noh.pdf

you will clearly see they were NOT all guilty equally, it clearly states which person was reponsible for which part, all 3 for Count I, todd smith for Count II and Oliver for Count III.

I wasn't trying to sugar coat it, just reading it for what it is and what it all means.

That said, they were only one group of many that invested into CFF Club only to be scammed out of their money.

them being one group of many has no meaning in this case. what has happened to the others doesnt matter. we cant sleuth them anyway. and todd only having invested less than some others doesnt make it less criminal or him less of a con artist...i have read the documents...i posted them long ago...

Any luck on the scanner archive Nellie? I really want to know when she was reported missing and by who.

LE already stated she was reported missing by the husband and in another report that it was after she did not show up for work, but I too wonder if Nellie has had any luck with the scanner archives so we know when.

After having not showed up to work is a very vague term. Does it mean work called him? Does it mean that she didn't show up at work and after work would have been over she didn't come home and then he reported her. The report leaves it from 8am to 5pm regarding when she was reported missing.

Here is the thing; who else would have any idea she would be heading out at 9pm on a work night? If she was not meeting someone on a prearranged date, then we are either looking at a random stranger crime, or her husband. Nothing else makes sense, but that still leaves three options; a date she made earlier, a stranger or her husband. I guess I am rambling, but it does eliminate to me the idea that someone she knows just happened to run into her at that hour and decide to kill/abduct her. (Unless she had a very determined stalker.)

So anyway. I am open to any of the above, but leaning toward the husband only because LE has not even given the vague sort of clearance they often do regarding spouses, i.e. fully cooperating, not a suspect, etc. In fact, they seem to be deliberately quiet.

the archives are stored in 20minute increments...and since i cant listen to just roscoe and i dont have any idea what time or how she was reported missing...well...lets just say that i have listened to five + hours so far...of a 24 hour day....no, i have not heard anything. msm reported early on that he reported her the next evening...and i believe them..lol. im done listening today. maybe tomorrow, maybe never. lol i.am.tired. moo, jmho & imo

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/11/0...g-missing-machesney-park-woman-benefit-nov-8/

I think this site has a pretty good timeline.

10-22 - last seen by Todd Smith - alledgedly going Smith run an errand, roughly 9 p.m.
10-23 - Tood reports her missing, the initial report filed in Roscoe where she was currently living.
10-23 - Katrina did not show up to work @ Camryn Company in Belvedere where she worked in HR.
10-23 - roughly 7:50 p.m. - abandoned car found.

I can't seem to find anything about the time she was reported. I almost want to call the Roscoe police department and ask. I know it sounds insane but when Ivy Merck was missing and in my local area, I made a random call to our sherriff and then started talking with a detective. It was really awesome!
Above BBM...
Yes, hun you certainly did!:hug: you did such an awesome job and IMO I would absolutely say if anyone were to be specifically pointed out here at Websleuths for being an integral part(with not only posting/relaying info via WS,but actually going the distance in literally doing footwork there in/around Deerfield Beach where we knew she had disappeared from) in helping find and bring Miss Ivy home it would DEFINITELY BE YOU, JUICY!

You've become one helluva sleuther here and along with that you have one helluva huge heart :heartbeat: as well..:hug:

My apologies for quickly veering O/T giving Juicy her much deserved props!.. Back onto Katrina...

Any possible weight of hubby's claiming that he and Katrina were absolutely NOT seperated and were in fact HAPPILY married for the last 7 years as well that she WAS LIVING THERE WITH HIM IN THE MARITAL RESIDENCE and NOT living in Roscoe as was reported...well that ALL went QUICKLY flying out the window with the FACT that hubby went to the ROSCOE POLICE DEPT to file the missing persons report...MOO is this... I have not a clue whether or not hubby is responsible for Katrina's disappearance(that we all realize is most likely murder).. But I strongly am of the opinion to please keep hubby talking.. The more he talks the more it will prove or disprove his involvement..jmo

Either way let him keep on talking..the truth lies within and his words will hang him if he in fact is responsible for Katrina's murder...again all jmo, tho..

GUYS! The rumors from that other blog need to STOP NOW! I am going to close this thread, because it is really long and then I'm going to pull it to clean it up as it appears my earlier warning was not heeded.

Please stop, or the new thread will be locked up also, until I can deal with it.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member