IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That hotel party was tame, very laid back......you could tell they were use to it They were all pretty quiet, even when they were all singing together. My guess is 30-50 people max.

We use to throw after parties at hotels, for example Sinbad the comedian had a concert, we threw a party afterwards, he did show up BTW but they would be packed, standing room only, hard to walk thru crowd, we'd have two bouncers at door outside collecting cover, also to control people from gathering in hallways.

The party they had was mild in comparison, weighing everything after a whole lot of scrutiny on my part, yeah I have seen a ton of screen captures, fake and otherwise, too many people from parts unknown trying to chime in, I believe this is a tragedy gone wrong.

Which link said that? Just curious
Shoot. It was posted an hour ago. I think on Chicago Tribune. If I don't fall asleep in a few, I'll find it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Shoot. It was posted an hour ago. I think on Chicago Tribune. If I don't fall asleep in a few, I'll find it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No worries have a good night :) I'm off to bed soon too

This is a pretty interesting article regarding autopsies IMO https://www.forensicmag.com/article/2015/09/7-common-mistakes-regarding-autopsy-reports

From above article ...

“Pending" means you have to wait for the results. It does not mean "we don't know.”*It does not mean that the autopsy findings were "inconclusive.” Something is inconclusive when you cannot draw conclusions about it after all the information is available. The autopsy itself may be conclusive, but the medical examiner is not going to tell you that—because they are still working to complete the death investigation, and that will take some time.

Edit to make it clearer - they didn't say her autopsy was inconclusive. They said it was inconclusive pending further study and will take time. FWIW I also believe it was a tragic accident

Thank you, this is an important point. IMO, we shouldn't draw conclusions based on the results being pending. Kaytlynn Cargill's autopsy was pending tox results for months and LE initially refused to comment on if her body showed any signs of trauma. Once all tests were back, the result was that she was killed by a blow to the head with a hammer. Clearly, that was most likely trauma that was evident in the first autopsy, but LE did not want that released. We have no idea what really happened to Kenneka at this time. :moo:

K's mom has seen her body, no mention of any injuries only that her hair was wet ( easy explainable :( ). Not sure where i read this, there are just to many media articles but she did see K's body. Will post the source once i find it back.

This is a pretty interesting article regarding autopsies IMO https://www.forensicmag.com/article/2015/09/7-common-mistakes-regarding-autopsy-reports

From above article ...

“Pending" means you have to wait for the results. It does not mean "we don't know.”*It does not mean that the autopsy findings were "inconclusive.” Something is inconclusive when you cannot draw conclusions about it after all the information is available. The autopsy itself may be conclusive, but the medical examiner is not going to tell you that—because they are still working to complete the death investigation, and that will take some time.

Edit to make it clearer - they didn't say her autopsy was inconclusive. They said it was inconclusive pending further study and will take time. FWIW I also believe it was a tragic accident

Thanks! This clears it up.

Thanks for the links to Chief Keef's Check it Out. Did anyone else listen to the entire song? There is nothing in there which directly correlates to the "Help me" section of the hotel video. If it were a part of the song, we should be able to identify it as such, correct?

Thanks for the links to Chief Keef's Check it Out. Did anyone else listen to the entire song? There is nothing in there which directly correlates to the "Help me" section of the hotel video. If it were a part of the song, we should be able to identify it as such, correct?

I heard a high-pitched voice at the beginning of the song, but the voice I heard in the FB video seemed to be a different pitch than what I heard in the song. I didn't hear the same words and/or sound. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard a high-pitched voice at the beginning of the song, but the voice I heard in the FB video seemed to be a different pitch than what I heard in the song. I didn't hear the same words and/or sound. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been suggested that the sound is tracks beng fast forwarded through

CHICAGO -- Police investigating the death of a teen whose body was found in a hotel freezer say they have interviewed 12 people who were "involved in some way."

Kenneka Jenkins, 19, was found dead in a walk-in freezer at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center in Rosemont, Illinois, at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday. She had been reported missing by family members about 24 hours before.

After mounting public pressure, police on Wednesday released a statement on the status of their investigation. The Rosemont Public Safety Department said police are conducting "an active death investigation" and detectives have been in daily contact with Tereasa Martin, Jenkins' mother.

<modsnip>

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-12-people-involved-in-some-way-in-kenneka-jenkins-death/

From the videos I've seen there were more than 12 people there

Police: 12 people "involved in some way" in death of Kenneka Jenkins

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-12-people-involved-in-some-way-in-kenneka-jenkins-death/

There were only 8 people at the hotel party. Wonder if they think her death was due to drugs or alcohol and if other suspects might be those who provided them.

i took it as they interviewed 8 people that were at the hotel party and they are tracking down to interview 4 others who were connected in some way. They are also getting more names and info from the interviews they've conducted and will be interviewing others as well.

I'm a little younger than a lot of posters here (23), so maybe I can help with my perspective on a few things. I did see some speculation about "kickback" and the friend who worked at the hotel getting money (hence the kickback), but usually this just refers to a more casual, smaller party (you're just "kicking back" with friends). Which is also why the party for the most part seems pretty chill and not super crowded.

A lot of my friends' parents were also really chill about these more illicit activities. One friend's dad actually got a fake ID for her and another friend's mom express mailed her her fake when she left it at home on her way back to school. So it isn't particularly suspicious or unbelievable to me that KJ's friends called her mom when she was missing. Most people I know would have been more willing to call a chill parent than to call 911 or alert the hotel staff who might then call 911 because they wouldn't want to deal with the police. I also haven't seen anywhere that they actually drove the car away, so if they looked in the most obvious places and then went out to the car to wait/see if she had already gone out there that doesn't seem nearly as egregious to me as it apparently does to some people.

With the new videos released yesterday showing her still partying and enjoying herself after the original live video, I just don't see how the nefarious rape/sexual assault/murder claims people are making about the original live video jive. Even if the security video at 3:20am wasn't her drunk but instead traumatized from assault, the new videos indicate any assault would have occurred at least an hour after the original live video.

I'm leaning toward tragic accident.

i took it as they interviewed 8 people that were at the hotel party and they are tracking down to interview 4 others who were connected in some way. They are also getting more names and info from the interviews they've conducted and will be interviewing others as well.

I took it the same way. There are media reports that they are having trouble tracking some people in the videos down because LE only has street names for them. My bet would be there are others shown in the videos that they haven't even been able to identify because of the quality/duration.

Are the police sirens part of the Chief Keef song?

I think the poster was just pointing out that the song has that auto tune that could have sounded like crying.

I just saw a live video from fox 32 in chicago with a guy who is supposedly hired by the family. he said they viewed the footage or he did rather and she was alone. i get the sense they will be focusing on the hotel for negligence since the area wasnt secured

i know what a kick back is and that this seems to be one. but I also think the one who worked there and possibly the night clerk got money for it.

I'm a little younger than a lot of posters here (23), so maybe I can help with my perspective on a few things. I did see some speculation about "kickback" and the friend who worked at the hotel getting money (hence the kickback), but usually this just refers to a more casual, smaller party (you're just "kicking back" with friends). Which is also why the party for the most part seems pretty chill and not super crowded.

A lot of my friends' parents were also really chill about these more illicit activities. One friend's dad actually got a fake ID for her and another friend's mom express mailed her her fake when she left it at home on her way back to school. So it isn't particularly suspicious or unbelievable to me that KJ's friends called her mom when she was missing. Most people I know would have been more willing to call a chill parent than to call 911 or alert the hotel staff who might then call 911 because they wouldn't want to deal with the police. I also haven't seen anywhere that they actually drove the car away, so if they looked in the most obvious places and then went out to the car to wait/see if she had already gone out there that doesn't seem nearly as egregious to me as it apparently does to some people.

With the new videos released yesterday showing her still partying and enjoying herself after the original live video, I just don't see how the nefarious rape/sexual assault/murder claims people are making about the original live video jive. Even if the security video at 3:20am wasn't her drunk but instead traumatized from assault, the new videos indicate any assault would have occurred at least an hour after the original live video.

I'm leaning toward tragic accident.

[FONT=&quot]RE: The Fox video....He's the activist thats been working with the family Andrew Holmes . He viewed the hotel footage with the family's consent . She wandered into the freezer on her own. She was alone opening several doors trying to find her way around . They will release the footage to the public once the family views it .[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74